New Jersey Nets - Jan 6th game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puffer wrote: View Post
    D Will does that to 90% of the PGs in the league. That's why he's a star and has highlight reels. Says more about D will than it does about Jose.
    Exactly.. I don't think you can base whether he should be our "PG of the future" on one game.. Yes, obviously he had trouble defending him, but how about D-Will's defense? I haven't heard anyone mention that at all.. I happen to recall a lot of open shots for Calderon.. and hey, Williams was 6-18, granted he did get to the line a lot. The stat line between the two were pretty equal regardless, so why is everyone so ready to throw Calderon under the bus for a bad game by the whole team.

Comment

Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
      Exactly.. I don't think you can base whether he should be our "PG of the future" on one game.. Yes, obviously he had trouble defending him, but how about D-Will's defense? I haven't heard anyone mention that at all.. I happen to recall a lot of open shots for Calderon.. and hey, Williams was 6-18, granted he did get to the line a lot. The stat line between the two were pretty equal regardless, so why is everyone so ready to throw Calderon under the bus for a bad game by the whole team.
      Thank you

Comment

Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
        Thank you

Comment

It all starts with the PG play, Jose set the trend last game for poor defense.
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
            It all starts with the PG play, Jose set the trend last game for poor defense.
            Might be the silliest thing I have ever read here.

You are suggesting that because one of the premier point guards in the league shot 33% from the field, as opposed to Calderons 53%, and 25% from three point range as opposed to Calderons 33% and scored 5 more points while playing 2.5 more minutes, that Calderon is somehow responsible for the Raptors losing?

Oh, oh, you mean the fact that he got 9 assists compared to Calderons 8, that proves it's Calderons fault that Derozan only scored 3 points and Barbosa only scored 2?

Why didn't I see that. It's so obvious now that you point it out. It's all Calderons fault.

Comment

New Jersey just did their home work and made Bargs and Demar guarded. Bargs was double teamed everytime, that's why he did much less shots. He did pass out well enough, instead of taking bad shots, mostly, but we just don't have alternative scoring. Jose have scored more for this reason. That's it. And right, we should not let Humpries take so much rebs.., but i'm not sure if Bargs is able to compete for rebs with stronger guys.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                Might be the silliest thing I have ever read here.

You are suggesting that because one of the premier point guards in the league shot 33% from the field, as opposed to Calderons 53%, and 25% from three point range as opposed to Calderons 33% and scored 5 more points while playing 2.5 more minutes, that Calderon is somehow responsible for the Raptors losing?

Oh, oh, you mean the fact that he got 9 assists compared to Calderons 8, that proves it's Calderons fault that Derozan only scored 3 points and Barbosa only scored 2?

Why didn't I see that. It's so obvious now that you point it out. It's all Calderons fault.
                I don't care about the stats, its about the intangibles, he didn't even find a hot hand, Ed Davis seemed like he had some leeway on offense last night.

Comment

Still still don't get how a team coached by Avery Johnson can win. Have u heard the guy talk?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Still still don't get how a team coached by Avery Johnson can win. Have u heard the guy talk?
                    I know right how does an alien get such a nice job.

Comment

P.J carlisimo was the reason they beat us like they did

Comment

Working...
                      X