Who would you like to see the Raptors sign/draft as STARTING PG for 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Dragic is a poor man's Calderon. I'd pass on him unless he comes in as a rental (eg, 1 year). I see him as a backup PG, not a starter. I'd rather have Calderon for one last season than Dragic for multiple seasons, even though Calderon is older and would make more money.
    No he's not. Have you ever seen him play? The only similarities are in their builds and skin colour.

Anyways:
    1. Dragic is a much better defender than pre-Casey Calderon
    2. Dragic looks for his own shot more, à la a shoot-first PG (but not quite a combo guard)
    3. Dragic is taller
    4. Dragic is craftier on drives to the hoop
    5. Dragic turns the ball over a lot more.

IMO, this makes for a comparison to Chris Duhon better than Calderon.
    Last edited by Prime; Sat Jan 14, 2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
      Good to know about Brooks, I haven't really watched him play. I was only going by the stats. I'm not a fan of Westbrook. Horrible attitude for this team and Felton can;t shoot. We need someone that can hit 3's
      Felton is in a funk on his shot to start the year no doubt but he 'can't shoot' is not a good description of his true abilities.

Comment

The more I think about it the more Ed for Lowry makes sense
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          The more I think about it the more Ed for Lowry makes sense
          I would do that in a heartbeat, no questions asked.

The problem, I don't see Daryl Morey getting the phone down without laughing.

I think Lowry is on one of the best contracts in the league. Aaron Brooks leaving was the best thing for him and Houston..... too bad they hired Kevin McHale.

Houston also has Scola, Patterson, and Hill at PF with a big SF in Parsons.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Felton is in a funk on his shot to start the year no doubt but he 'can't shoot' is not a good description of his true abilities.
            http://bkref.com/tiny/SpfxJ

Ray Felton is a bad shooter, period.

Edit: that link doesn't seem to be working for me. All I did was pull up every active player in the NBA with 42% or less FG% and 32% or less 3P%. There were 6 guys, including Larry Hughes, Earl Watson, and Ray Felton.
            Last edited by ebrian; Tue Jan 17, 2012, 04:57 PM.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              http://bkref.com/tiny/SpfxJ

Ray Felton is a bad shooter, period.

Edit: that link doesn't seem to be working for me. All I did was pull up every active player in the NBA with 42% or less FG% and 32% or less 3P%. There were 6 guys, including Larry Hughes, Earl Watson, and Ray Felton.
              He is in a funk this year. While he has never been a great shooter, he was not awful.

Career stats:
              http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...raymond-felton

*EDIT* Actually I see you meant career already. Sorry for that. I think I would tend to agree with you. 2009-10 seems to be exception and not the norm.
              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Jan 17, 2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                *EDIT* Actually I see you meant career already. Sorry for that. I think I would tend to agree with you. 2009-10 seems to be exception and not the norm.
                Haha.. and I agree he's definitely in a funk right now. His regular numbers are below average, but this season's numbers -- yikes! That seems to be the case though with a lot of guys this year. It's probably more to do with the lockout. Cross your fingers that DeRozan's falters has something to do with that too!
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

yup. I don`t know anything about Kabongo but Davis has not been very impressive so far thus year.

Comment

Working...
                  X