Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Small Forward Discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Anyways I don't know what's going on with my man GARY FORBES at all. Dude looks completely lost whenever he's playing and I now see why coach Casey never plays him. Rethinking buying his jersey.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he's not that good thats what is wrong with him

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys think about kleiza's role when he comes back? I saw the poll results on this site and saw that most people think kleiza should be starting. I disagree, and think that the Raptors need his scoring off the bench because their bench gets outscored by EVERYONES bench.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    What do you guys think about kleiza's role when he comes back? I saw the poll results on this site and saw that most people think kleiza should be starting. I disagree, and think that the Raptors need his scoring off the bench because their bench gets outscored by EVERYONES bench.
    That is a fair assessment in my opinion. The problem is their starting wings are getting out scored by EVERYONES starting wings as well.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats true but there is still much more scoring power in the starting lineup than the bench, from pretty much every position

Post Thanks / Like

Default Batum

I think this is relevant to this discussion.
    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Right, and it's a good risk to take right now given that the Raptors aren't ready for the spotlight yet.

I'm not sure what the Raptors go looking for but let me toss out a list of names to stir the pot.

• Nicolas Batum
    • Danilo Gallinari
    • Chase Budinger
    • Al-Farouq Aminu
    • Dorell Wright
    Disclaimer: I'm not recommending any of these just yet, just looking for reactions.

The Portland Trail Blazers forward Nicolas Batum is up for an extension and says that money won't be the ultimate factor in making his decision.

Batum joined the set of Rip City Live on Comcast SportsNet Northwest, and said he's a basketball player first and playing time would be the main factor in signing an extension.
    The Blazers have until Jan. 25 to sign Batum to an extension, if an agreement is not reached by then, Batum will become a restricted free agent at season's end.
    Source: csnnw.com

Of course he wants a lot more PT. He can see other examples around the league of young guys who were limited due to team depth, only to explode on a team that truly needed them. Batum is going to get paid whether it's in Portland or not. Batum isn't exactly close to legitimately contending in Portland given their current roster so staying to be competitive isn't really that big of a factor. He could come to a team like the Raptors for example and get huge minutes and as a key component to their success. If the Raptors can't get their wing in the draft or they opt for a PG then I could see Colangelo make a hard play for Batum. He brings perimeter scoring, he's long and athletic and he plays good defense. He's a breakout waiting to happen and the Blazer don't have the minutes to keep him happy it would seem(a little over 22 MPG so far this season).

Then factor in that Oden will be an unrestricted free agent this coming off-season, Camby's deal expires at the end of the season, Thomas' deal expires at the end of the season and both are in the twilight of their careers right now anyway. The Blazers are in need of a young, capable big man to log minutes and either Amir or Ed would be an excellent option for them.
    Source: "So Ed's probably going to get flipped huh"

I feel they need to go after this guy because what they have to work with is a bunch of inconsistently good to consistently mediocre bench options as is.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is relevant to this discussion.
    Source: "So Ed's probably going to get flipped huh"

I feel they need to go after this guy because what they have to work with is a bunch of inconsistently good to consistently mediocre bench options as is.
    Apollo question for you (I figured I'd move it over to this thread so "ED flipped huh" doesn't get off track):

Raptors draft Barnes.
    Would you sign and trade Batum for the rights to Barnes?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Barnes/Batum debate is an interesting one. That would be a tough choice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information