X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no love for the Raps

How big of a bullshit is this???

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2012010928

This idiot puts a title of - "Bargnani scores 31 points as Raptors beat T-Wolves" and throughout the whole article he never even mentions anything about how the Raps played good D, how good Bargnani was offensively, how JJ got 4 blks, and how Amir dominated Love. It was all how bad Minnesota played, how tired Kevin Love looked, blah blah blah.

Sorry but this really irks me.

Perhaps he wrote the article based on the box score and highlights? Would not surprise me.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Perhaps he wrote the article based on the box score and highlights? Would not surprise me.
      Most likely.

Comment

Dont sweat this stuff...this has mostly been the case...and at times with good reason. "The love" will only come when the pundit aristocracy start waking up to boxscores that show the Raps beating the big city teams (NY, LA, Bos etc) with regularity. Then they might actually tune in.

Comment

You can only watch so many games as a sportswriter. Trust me. I did this tons of times in journalism.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

yeah, don't sweat it, this is the norm. raps don't have 'stars,' so when they beat a team with stars (or players the media want to annoint as stars), then the story is usually about how the stars didn't do something.

plus, they juuuust lost by ~40 to the sixers...and looked pathetic against the nets. so it's pretty easy for the media to determine that the result was less about what the raps did, and more about what the wolves (a 'better' team on paper) didn't.
            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
              yeah, don't sweat it, this is the norm. raps don't have 'stars,' so when they beat a team with stars (or players the media want to annoint as stars), then the story is usually about how the stars didn't do something.

plus, they juuuust lost by ~40 to the sixers...and looked pathetic against the nets. so it's pretty easy for the media to determine that the result was less about what the raps did, and more about what the wolves (a 'better' team on paper) didn't.
              Yeah but when the Wolves beat the Spurs - http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2012010216 it wasnt just about Manu breaking his hand, it was about how the Wolves is a young upcoming athletic team, the sensational rookied from Spain, blah blah blah.

Comment

Respect

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T
                Find out what is means to me.
                R-E-S-P-E-C-T
                Takin'-care-of-business with good D!"

-Aretha Franklin

Comment

Go on over to the NBA.com Power Rankings. Raptors are in 24th I believe, which isn't bad!
                  Nothing but kind words to be said there about our boys.

ESPN has us at 21st in the Power Rankings.
                  Had this to say:
                  The Raps are pretty punchless on O, but they're playing passable D under Dwane Casey without much in the way of new personnel. The bonus: Bargnani is one of six players to date with multiple 30-point games ... along with KD, LeBron, Melo, Kobe and Monta.
                  Last edited by Joey; Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I think you nailed it homes
                    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

The Raptors are the Rodney Dangerfields of basketball.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                        No kidding. This is the 'honourable' mention from HoopsWorld.com writer Joel Brigham on possible first time all-star players this year:

Andrea Bargnani, Toronto Raptors – I think we all know that no Raptor is getting named to the All-Star team this season, but Bargnani is scoring the crud out of the ball right now (22.8 ppg), and that’s enough to at least earn him a bullet in the Honorable Mention section, right?
                        Source

He is behind:

5: Marc Gasol
                        4: Kyle Lowry
                        3: Monta Ellis
                        2: Lamarcus Aldridge
                        1: Andrew Bynum

Hon mention:
                        Eric Gordon, Seth Curry, Kris Humphries, AB

Comment

Matt as a power forward he is behind Amare and Bosh for the All Star Ballot...no other Eastern Conference PF is ahead of him.

Amare will win the vote and Bosh will likely be the Coaches decision, but it would be sweet to see Bargnani knock Bosh off that pedestal... Garnett might get in but Boston is off to a bad start
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            Matt as a power forward he is behind Amare and Bosh for the All Star Ballot...no other Eastern Conference PF is ahead of him.

Amare will win the vote and Bosh will likely be the Coaches decision, but it would be sweet to see Bargnani knock Bosh off that pedestal... Garnett might get in but Boston is off to a bad start
                            I'm not questioning the guys in front of him. They are all deserving of considerable consideration.

Notice the thread title: "Still no love for the Raps."

Notice the comment from HW.com:

Andrea Bargnani, Toronto Raptors – I think we all know that no Raptor is getting named to the All-Star team this season, but Bargnani is scoring the crud out of the ball right now (22.8 ppg), and that’s enough to at least earn him a bullet in the Honorable Mention section, right?
                            Now notice some of the other teams those players play for. Memphis, New Jersey, Houston, Golden State, and New Orleans all have much worse records than the Raptors at this point.

Finally, notice the comment to which I replied:

I am not trying to be a homer. Given the other teams those honourable mentions play for I don't think the knock on the Raptors was justified.

Comment

The Raptors are the Ron Paul of the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                              X