So Ed's probably going to get flipped huh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Ed's probably going to get flipped huh

Writing is pretty much on the wall. Barring significant injury to Bargs/Amir I think he's gone. Thoughts?
    @sweatpantsjer

I don't know. I think Amir and Ed have similar odds at being dealt. The way Amir is playing right now, wow, could be a sell high moment. Ed on the other hand has big time upside but hasn't been given the time to pad his stats. I feel Ed might have more upside but I think that right now they would get a better return on Amir. If they're maximizing assets then Amir should be the guy.

A log jam of talented young big men. This is the ideal problem to have.

Comment

Amir's been more productive but I think his contract is a LOT less desirable than Ed's rookie deal. I'm not saying Amir is overpayed or anything just, well, you know.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Ed is on a rookie deal. You don't think he's going to get a substantial pay increase when the time comes?

Amir's contract looked questionable when it was signed but it's turned out to be a high value deal for the Raptors given his production and team contributions.

Comment

I'd rather flip Amir, no disrespect to him but like Apollo said Ed's upside is pretty wild. But for that very reason I just think Amir's staying.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Basically what I'm trying to get at is I'm going to the kings game tomorrow and want to get my Daughter a Ed jersey but i dunno now
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Right, and it's a good risk to take right now given that the Raptors aren't ready for the spotlight yet.

I'm not sure what the Raptors go looking for but let me toss out a list of names to stir the pot.
              • Nicolas Batum
              • Danilo Gallinari
              • Chase Budinger
              • Al-Farouq Aminu
              • Dorell Wright
              Disclaimer: I'm not recommending any of these just yet, just looking for reactions.

Comment

i like ed but he's still to skinny. If he bulks up i wouldn't mind keeping him. He also needs to develop a face up game and more post moves

Comment

Call me crazy, but I think its still a little too premature to write off Ed just yet. Let him get a full season under his belt and some experience before we start proposing to ship him out. JMO!

Comment

The floating Doc Naismith head saying "JMO!" made me lol at work
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If we could get Rooster, I'd be more than happy to flip him for Ed.

Comment

I'd be all over getting Dorrell Wright into the mix.

Comment

I think Batum would be a perfect fit for the Raptors.

Comment

I'd like to keep Amir and ship ED.

I don't see ED being content in Toronto with a career ceiling as a back up to Bargnani. I like Amir's energy, he always goes balls out, and he his number one priority is always the team.

Not sure if people realize this but Amir is only 1 year and 11 months older than ED.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I think Batum would be a perfect fit for the Raptors.
                              Totally agree. I've been making Trade threads with Batum for a whiiile now. haha
                              I just don't see Portland moving him. They really like him there.

Comment

Working...
                              X