Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ride the Pine no more. Guess what, you're in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride the Pine no more. Guess what, you're in!

I am excited we are back on the court! Then reality sinks in... I am a Raptors fan. My dad said "Screw the NBA! They almost canceled the season because everybody wants more $$$. The best thing everybody can do is NOT watch. That's the only way the owners, the league & players will understand they get too much $$$." I agreed with him, but the excitement of a GREAT game of ball is just too much to miss out on.

Then it dawned on me. A cramped season with stuff like 7 games in 9 night. Hmmmm.... When I play on ‘my’ Dream Team, between 2am - 6am, coach is always pushing me hard. I said “Coach, I can’t give you 110% this season. I just can’t risk the injury. I have no time to heal. Can you sub in Joe Bench Warmer more often while I rest my Super Star body.” Coach said “Yep, that’s the plan. This season is going to be lack luster for all teams. The year of the Bench. Just coast this season my Super Star. Just here for a pay cheque this season anyway. You’ll be too worn out with this crazy schedule & much more prone to injury. I don’t want you playing too hard anyway. You’ll only see the Super Stars try when the Playoff run starts this season.”

Then I woke up in a cold sweat and thought “Is this the season we have to look forward too? Super Stars coasting & riding the pine. While the bench gets the minutes & mucks it up on the court? And NBA TV charging full price for half a lack luster season!?!” Maybe I’ll just pull a Rip Van Winkle and sleep this season. Wake up in the Fall with our new draft pick, Valanciunas ready to play and my Sky High hopes of winning the Championship next year .

Am I out in left field with this? Or has anyone else had these scary thoughts of the Pine Riders taking over the NBA this season?

(Hopefully u guys can spur up a good thread here. I won't have time to check it. Just curious to hear what the fans are thinking.)

just curious if you don'thave time to check it. how did you have time to write it and why did you write it in the first place?

as for the nba this year, I am ignoring watching it for the most part (you, know minus keeping track of everything on score mobile) because i know what the end result will be. also, in an age where the clippers are better than the lakers anything can happen.

we all know what the end result for the raptors will be this season so, might as well just not watch until next year. I mean where is the interesting story or intriguing story for the raps. they aren't going to make the playoffs and the off-season will be more exciting than the season.

watching Bargnani an Calderon have a good game followed by a bad game followed by a good, then bad, then good...

no thanks.

as for the rest of the nba we are going to see 7th and 8th seeds from last year be replaced by bottom feeders last year. with maybe one improving. but, all the "big market" teams will stay status quo.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Yeah, i usually skim through the news first thing at work but Ball is back in action... kinda. So I decide to see whats up here. Wrote a quick post I'd check after work. No bites really. About as lack luster as the season I guess.

As far as the season goes... that's what I think. I was excited it's back, but after watching a few teams play I decided it will have more 'coast' than Califorina. I've surf at Huntington Beach but the super stars of the NBA will being surfing this season all the way to a pay cheque...with about 75% effort I suspect. I'd rather watch college ball this year with players giving 110%. I keep hearing its going to be a good drafting year anyway. I am just a casual hardcore arm chair fan anyway. Just want to see some effort.

I gotta agree on some bottom feeder teams making some waves this year. Most got nothing to loose and only up to go. Well except for the Raptors of course. As long as DeRozen, Davis, Amire & Bargnani improve I can't ask for anything more.... except for the #1 pick!

Comment

Working...
      X