Starbury Heading To Play in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starbury Heading To Play in China

WOW ... I'm sure there's decent money to be made there. Just surprised of all the people to go, its Stephon Marbury.

Stephon Marbury will become the highest profile American to play in the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) after he agreed to join China's Shanxi Club.

"The aim of signing Marbury is to pay back our fans and try to win more games in the rest of the season," said Shanxi boss Wang Xingjiang.

Marbury wanted to promote his personal brand of shoes in China and will not receive an exorbitant salary.

Shanxi last season hired former NBA player Bonzi Wells, who scored as many as 50 points a game.
    Source - Click here

Bonzi scoring 50 points a game?! I guess that's an indication of the level of competition over there.

As for Marbury, I don't think he will last over there. On the other hand maybe it will do him some good to be away from the scrutiny of the NBA media.

Comment

Well even while in China, I'm sure he will still be able to stream himself over the internet on UStream. Anyone who wants to know his absurd opinions on anything and everything will still be able to hear them and laugh at him live! I'm happy to see him go. He's an idiot that borders on being mentally challenged!

Comment

How the mighty have fallen
        Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Wont he have to carry his own bags there. He might even have to do his own laundry....and all the Moo Goo Gai Pan he can eat.

Comment

Marbury is going to run all over those guys and still lose. hahahaha

Comment

Working...
            X