• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Roster Next Year ... Keep, Trade or Amnesty

In my opinion:

Keep:
    Andrea Bargnani (scorer + PF1)
    Amir Johnson (Heart and Soul + PF2 or C2)
    James Johnson (Energy player + SF2)

Trade:
    DeMar DeRozan (Trade for a top 5 pick in this draft or combo with another for Star)
    Ed Davis (Trade for top 15 pick in the draft)
    Leandro Barbosa (Trade for top 20 pick in this draft)
    Jose Calderon (Trade for top 20 pick in this draft)
    Jerryd Bayless (Trade for a second rounf draft pick)

Amnesty Clause:
    Linas Kleiza (No trade value)

I don't mind DeRozan really but I get the feeling he will leave asap ... same with Davis.

I'd love if we could combo some of our players to get Josh Smith. I think he is the exact player we need here.

Keep James Johnson, and trade Demar. Interesting.

I am going to assume that you mean by "Trade" you mean trade 1 or 2, and not all of these players.

If that is so, I am going to say Jose, Ed, and Demar are a no for the trading this offseason. Bosa and Bayless I would like to see stay on the team, but I am totally alright if they were traded in a smart deal that got us a solid backup pg or a backup sf.

I have never been high on Linas but I do not think BC with amnesty him.

Very interesting opinion to say the least.

Comment

YoungGuns wrote: View Post
      In my opinion:

Keep:

Trade:
      DeMar DeRozan (Trade for a top 5 pick in this draft or combo with another for Star)

Amnesty Clause:

I don't mind DeRozan really but I get the feeling he will leave asap ... same with Davis.

I'd love if we could combo some of our players to get Josh Smith. I think he is the exact player we need here.

I agree with you on everything, except trading Demar. He's the type of guy i would want on my team: always healthy, always getting better, and young. He'll only get better as the team gets better

Comment

Thats ALOT of rookies Young Guns.
        I guess making all of those trades would also get us a Top 5 pick in 2013 as well. :P

Comment

If we trade up using those picks, I'm sure we can get at least the first 3 picks of this draft! And that's without counting our own pick!

Comment

The players I wanted to keep I didn't pick based on skill only. It is fair to say Ed could be better then Amir, but I think Amir really wants to be here. When we get Big V here he should start with Barg and have Amir be the Energy off the bench for either of them.

I'd also trade Ed and Demar for Josh Smith.

I think I starting line of:

C: Big V (Amir backup)
            PF: Barg (Amir backup)
            SF: Josh Smith (JJ backup) (if we traded Demar and Ed for him)
            SG: ????
            PG: Jose (or Draft pick / traded for player)
            +fillers or high priced free agent

That is a playoff starting line up even with no SG !!!

Comment

I want to see most teams try to bully us with Big V and Smith on the court + add the fact that Andrea is being forced to learn how to defend.

Comment

Josh is the exact type of player this team needs !!!! Defends, can score, and ain't no ones bitch !!!!

Comment

Dont trade anybody:
                  Roster for next season:
                  Pg: Jose, Bayless
                  Sg: Demar, Barbosa
                  Sf: Harrison Barnes, James Johnson
                  Pf: Bargnani, Ed
                  C: JV, Amir

Bam, playoff team right there, with so much potential to grow together over the years. Barbosa and Bayless are most likely to be interchangeable, missing top talent PG to round off this unit.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

But that's only if Jose can stay healthy. and that is a big "if"

Comment

In my opinion:

Keep:

Trade:

Amnesty Clause:

The only person I would trade out of the list of tradeables is Leandro Barbosa as he is a nice asset. I would keep Davis as the back up PF to Bargnani, and Bayless and Calderon are both good. No chance Colangelo trades Demar imo. We do not need to make that many changes in our current roster heading into next year.

We have a sold pick coming up the next draft, we have JV joining us, and we have significant cap space. What I would like to see is us become a playoff calibre team by the end of next year, so that Colangelo can hit the free agent market to add to our core.
                      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

I'd hang on to Jose as well. He likes being here, he works hard and he's the kind of guy I want to be bringing up our future point guard. If we trade, say, Barbosa and land another first round pick, Jose is exactly the right person to bring along Kabongo. If we can establish a winning culture I could see Jose being the kind of guy that would stay for less just to see it through.

Even tho your original idea had us landing six players in this years draft (crazy/bad idea) I do agree with your point that Ed wants to and will split town. Demar is also a big question mark. They don't really seem like they want to be here and putting together a package for Josh Smith isn't a terrible idea.

Too many rookies in your first draft, but it's fun blowing up the team sometimes and imagining it will all work out.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          Dont trade anybody:
                          Roster for next season:
                          Pg: Jose, Bayless
                          Sg: Demar, Barbosa
                          Sf: Harrison Barnes, James Johnson
                          Pf: Bargnani, Ed
                          C: JV, Amir

Bam, playoff team right there, with so much potential to grow together over the years. Barbosa and Bayless are most likely to be interchangeable, missing top talent PG to round off this unit.
                          exactly what i was thinkin. I'm thinkin we trade bosa and bayless in a package for a 2nd first rounder for drafting a PG. We resign magloire as a 3rd string and sign a cheap Veteran PF. Kleiza idk because it would be good to keep him here for JV's sake but their won't be enough minutes, we might be forced to amnesty him. in FA we sign felton, drop Calderon and resign AC. We resign Weems as a backup for DeMar(Plus their good buddies) Our Lineup next season:

PG: Felton, Kabongo/Marshall, AC
                          SG: DeRozan, Weems, Forbes
                          SF: Barnes/Miller/MKG, JJ, Butler
                          PF: Bargnani, Ed, Vet PF
                          C: JV, Amir, Magloire

OKC of the east

Comment

In my opinion:

Keep:

Trade:

Amnesty Clause:

The current Raptors are not good enough to label anyone a 'keeper' in my opinion. The closest thing to a true keeper would be Andrea. If a good enough offer comes along for anyone though, see you later! Also, Bayless and Barbosa are not under contract for next year.

However if I was to follow along with the outline of the thread, I'd rank them like this:

Keep:
                            Andrea
                            Amir
                            Jose (too good to amnesty and not going to get fair trade value in return)
                            JJ (second unit spark)
                            DD (will get it sooner than later)
                            JV

Trade:
                            Ed
                            Barbosa

Amnesty:
                            Kleiza (he is a keeper unless his knee isn't 100%, good role player and contract off the bench if healthy).

I created a new category, Indifferent:
                            Bayless
                            Alabi
                            Forbes

Comment

If only it was as easy as is being made out here. BC will listen to all offers which come in. Yes, that includes our best scorer Bargnani is up for sale too. He will also make some inquiries of his own for certain players who may be available. The key is to sell anyone and everyone if we can get a franchise player who wants to stay in Toronto.

And we keep our rookie - JV. We hope the lockout helped in his development and he doesn't turn out to be another Euro big (soft 7-footer with 15min game, all size no substance, weak defender - you know the rest) and more like Marc Gasol. Next year may be too soon to expect big things from him. It would be great if Casey plays JV and Amir in their right positions and makes Andrea our 6th man next year. With two (very) mobile guards like Ricky Rubio and Derrick Rose we can even play Andrea as a 3rd big. What? Am I not allowed to dream big?

Comment

Working...
                              X