Dwayne Casey on NBA Game Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwayne Casey on NBA Game Time

Anyone else see him on gametime with bones smitty and kamla? He compared bargs to Nowitzki n Shawn Kemp... at least he put him in their caliber. I used to be Bargnani hater but thats because he didn't try. Now I see him put the effort in, he is tilting the balances little by little. I'm still not fully convinced but there is a chance that Bargs is just a late bloomer? Lets cross our fingers....
    Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Buschfire wrote: View Post
    Anyone else see him on gametime with bones smitty and kamla? He compared bargs to Nowitzki n Shawn Kemp... at least he put him in their caliber. I used to be Bargnani hater but thats because he didn't try. Now I see him put the effort in, he is tilting the balances little by little. I'm still not fully convinced but there is a chance that Bargs is just a late bloomer? Lets cross our fingers....
    didn't see it. don't think it matters much what he says about any player, esp. to that group, and in that setting.

and...i'm prolly gonna seem like a prick, but would checking spelling before posting be too much to ask? yeah, i know, 'u' is beside 'y' and it's just a slip of the finger...still.

as for bargs...i agree with your general sentiment, that it was lack of effort and little else that was holding him back. if DC is to credit for that, then great...but i have a hard time congratulating someone who, it seems, spent at least a few seasons not trying as hard as he could, as though the onus was always on someone else to make him give enough of a shit to try.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
      didn't see it. don't think it matters much what he says about any player, esp. to that group, and in that setting.

and...i'm prolly gonna seem like a prick, but would checking spelling before posting be too much to ask? yeah, i know, 'u' is beside 'y' and it's just a slip of the finger...still.
      Sure make fun of the guy for adding a "u". How about the fact that his name is Dwane Casey, not Dwayne Casey. Let this be a reminder not to be a dick. Next time just reply to the content not the spelling mistakes.

Comment

as for bargs...i agree with your general sentiment, that it was lack of effort and little else that was holding him back. if DC is to credit for that, then great...but i have a hard time congratulating someone who, it seems, spent at least a few seasons not trying as hard as he could, as though the onus was always on someone else to make him give enough of a shit to try.
        Sentences start with capital letters and 'i' is actually 'I'.

I agree with Saints91 - focus on content, this isn't an essay for English class.

Comment

Can we now talk about your avatar?

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
            Can we now talk about your avatar?
            sure.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Sentences start with capital letters and 'i' is actually 'I'.

I agree with Saints91 - focus on content, this isn't an essay for English class.
              excellent advice. or is that a command? new forum rule?

Comment

If we can forgive ourselves for our English mistakes for just one second...

I didn't see the interview, but I have a hard time comparing Bargs with Kemp; the guy was an athletic freak. Nowitzki comparison is obviously more believable of course. It is very obvious that our team is in desperate need of Bargs to return for the sake of our offense.

Comment

shawn kemp? hell no Nowitzki maybe but not shawn kemp

Comment

JYFelony wrote: View Post
                    If we can forgive ourselves for our English mistakes for just one second...

I didn't see the interview, but I have a hard time comparing Bargs with Kemp; the guy was an athletic freak. Nowitzki comparison is obviously more believable of course. It is very obvious that our team is in desperate need of Bargs to return for the sake of our offense.
                    Agreed. The fact that Casey's using Kemp and Dirk in the same sentence tells us that there wasn't a lot of thought put into this comparison. They're just 2 big men who he happened to coach in the past. For Bargnani's sake, we shouldn't be reading too much into this.

Comment

excellent advice. or is that a command? new forum rule?
                      If you choose to take it as a command, so be it. It was not intended in such a manner.

The rules and guidelines of the forums have been the same for quite some time. You can read them here:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...s-amp-Policies

In this case you might want to look at:

* DO NOT attempt to moderate other members. Leave the moderating to the forum staff. If you believe a forum post violates the rules in a major way, you may bring that post to the attention of the forum staff by reporting that message with the "Report Post" button/option. You can bring non-forum problems to the attention of staff by emailing a staff member via their profile.

Comment

Given the Raptors make up, t here are going to be a lot of non-English speaking fans posting here. Makes sense to give spelling/grammar mistakes a pass.

Having said that, it is far easier to read a post that uses capital letters where they are supposed to be used. We are cursed with smartphone users habits sliding across all online media. :-)

Comment

What exactly does "prolly" and "gonna" mean? You take the time to question somebodies spelling, but are too lazy to add the extra two letters to make each word correct. I don't think you seemed like a prick with that post, I think you were a prick in that post. That being said, it is not your normal goal, so no hard feelings.

On topic, we all know Bargnani is more a Larry Bird/Karl Malone clone than a Kemp/Nowitzki.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I don't think Dwane Casey was comparing the styles of Kemp and Dirk to Bargnani but maybe the effective way that they create mismatches on their defenders. Bargnani is a different player than most, but I would say his style is very effective and hard to guard (more so this year because he is playing a more efficient way).

Dirk and Kemp are two great players that Dwane has coached in the past, so maybe he is able to see the same value in Andrea's game. He has definitely put Andrea as the focus of the offence and has picked his places well. So he has some kind of insight on how to make him a better player.

Also by making these comparisons he gives Andrea some confidence, which I think he has lacked in the past. Maybe by comparing him to Kemp, he fools Andrea into playing a kemp style game. This year Andrea has been more aggressive and has been using his athleticism to get to the basket. I don;t remember him ever dunking and using that reverse layup as much as he has this season.

Comment

Casey has used Kemp's and Novitski's names many times lately when discussing Bargnani. While he has definitely made similarities between Dirk's and Andrea's games, he has only used Kemp's name to provide "credentials" that he knows what stars do for a team as Casey was on the staff of both the Sonics and Mavs. I've never heard Casey say that Andrea is as good as Dirk yet, but he definitely seems to think Bargnani can become that good. Remember, it wasn't that long ago that Mavericks' fans were clamoring for Cuban to trade the "no-defence" German because he wasn't good enough to be the centerpiece of a championship team. Sound vaguely familiar Raps fans?

Comment

Working...
                              X