Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Future not as Bright? (or is the future brighter? see post 130)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Future not as Bright? (or is the future brighter? see post 130)

I know it's early (14 games in), but I'm somewhat disappointed in what I've seen collectively from DeRozan, Davis, J.Johnson and Bayless. Going into the season, I was optimistic that at least 2 of these guys would step forward and cement themselves as legitimate pieces as this team continues the "building" plan, leaving us with just a few holes to fill in the summer of 2012.

But if this rate continues, our future isn't as bright as I once thought it was, regardless of Valanciunas, the high draft pick and plenty of cap space.

Agree/disagree?

You've got Bargs, Jose, and Amir as solid pieces right now. Next year you get two highly touted rookies and at least one significant free agent that can start. One of those rookies could start. Then you have a not bad bench of "DeRozan, Davis, J.Johnson and Bayless" and Kleiza. What's not to like.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I know it's early (14 games in), but I'm somewhat disappointed in what I've seen collectively from DeRozan, Davis, J.Johnson and Bayless. Going into the season, I was optimistic that at least 2 of these guys would step forward and cement themselves as legitimate pieces as this team continues the "building" plan, leaving us with just a few holes to fill in the summer of 2012.

But if this rate continues, our future isn't as bright as I once thought it was, regardless of Valanciunas, the high draft pick and plenty of cap space.

Agree/disagree?
      Your expectations were too high. Rebuilds take time. Player development takes time. The season was shortened. There was hardly no camp. There is a new head coach. They're trying some new things. Everything is rushed but new.

Comment

You're disappointed in Davis? Really?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Yes. If anything both him & Demar have just been a huge disappointment thus far this season.

Comment

The biggest area of disappointment has been with Demar and ED. After the first few games almost everyone was excited about Demar's new found 3 ball and the future was bright, that all came crashing back to earth and now we are in panic mode. What happens when he goes on tear in a week for 4 or 5 games? As for Ed, that is a tough one. Offensively I don't think he will ever be a a legit threat, but he can become effective. The rebounding and shot blocking has been inconsistent, that can be correlated to his also inconsistent minutes. The season is early, give it time before we all jump off the burning building, there is lots of time to turn it around for some payers that we want more out of.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Just wait until his body catches up with his IQ. Dude is going to be a monster.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If you're seriously disappointed in Ed maybe you should pick another team for a couple years cause if you can't handle some growing pains this year might kill you.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, Davis has been a huge disappointment so far this year (along with DeRozan). There's still plenty of time for him to turn it around, but I can't say he's showed us anything in 14 games that are worthy of goosebumps.

Perhaps my impatience comes from the fact that both these guys are playing worse than last year. Stagnation is much more tolerable than regression.

Comment

I don't know what to say
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

My prediction is everyone is back on the DeRozan bandwagon by the end of the season. He changed his offensive game in the off-season, he has a new coach and didn't get much of a camp. I sense there is some confusion on how he puts it all together. Give him time.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, Davis has been a huge disappointment so far this year (along with DeRozan). There's still plenty of time for him to turn it around, but I can't say he's showed us anything in 14 games that are worthy of goosebumps.

Perhaps my impatience comes from the fact that both these guys are playing worse than last year. Stagnation is much more tolerable than regression.
                        What type of player were you expecting Ed to be? I never thought the guy was going to be a future allstar, I think he can be a Udonis Haslem with better length and shot blocking. I never thought the guy would be much more than a 10-13 ppg game, but he can get you 10 boards a night with 1.5-2 block per. While he is not there yet, he is not far off either.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Im actually just disappointed with Demar, coz of all the BS he was saying how hard he worked in the offseason, etc etc. And its not showing.
                          I can understand if the team chemistry is off coz of a shortened season, but he should be doing more individually. Its not like he doesnt get touches, he just doesnt seem like he knows what to do out on the floor. But as ive said before, there might be something else going on behind the scenes. Maybe Casey is telling him to work more on his jumpshot and 3pt shooting rather than slashing, or maybe he has a minor injury, who knows. I kinda noticed that Casey seems to pull him out during the last few minutes of the game, which i dont agree with, coz Demar should be molded as the team's finisher. Maybe Demar doesnt like that either, and prefers to sulk during the 1st 3 quarters instead. Im just speculating here.

I dont think its early in the season anymore, 14 games is already a lot, specially in a shortened season. I think this is as good as it gets for this season, for the raps, and i dont mind. as long as jose, amir, bargnani, ed, kleiza and jj play hard then thats fine. moving forward, i would like to see amir, bargnani, ed, demar and jj as part of the core, not necessarily starters, but at least part of the main rotation.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                            Im actually just disappointed with Demar, coz of all the BS he was saying how hard he worked in the offseason, etc etc. And its not showing.
                            I can understand if the team chemistry is off coz of a shortened season, but he should be doing more individually. Its not like he doesnt get touches, he just doesnt seem like he knows what to do out on the floor. But as ive said before, there might be something else going on behind the scenes. Maybe Casey is telling him to work more on his jumpshot and 3pt shooting rather than slashing, or maybe he has a minor injury, who knows. I kinda noticed that Casey seems to pull him out during the last few minutes of the game, which i dont agree with, coz Demar should be molded as the team's finisher. Maybe Demar doesnt like that either, and prefers to sulk during the 1st 3 quarters instead. Im just speculating here.

I dont think its early in the season anymore, 14 games is already a lot, specially in a shortened season. I think this is as good as it gets for this season, for the raps, and i dont mind. as long as jose, amir, bargnani, ed, kleiza and jj play hard then thats fine. moving forward, i would like to see amir, bargnani, ed, demar and jj as part of the core, not necessarily starters, but at least part of the main rotation.
                            Check his game log from last year. He had rough stretches then as well, especially at the start of the season through November.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo.../demar-derozan

I am with Apollo, he will bounce back.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Check his game log from last year. He had rough stretches then as well, especially at the start of the season through November.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo.../demar-derozan

I am with Apollo, he will bounce back.
                              I have no doubts that he will.

I think this year is entirely different from last, i really thought he was on a mission this year to establish himself as an All-star, and that he was going to go nuts as soon as the season started. Maybe i just expected way too much from him.

Comment

Working...
                              X