Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Future not as Bright? (or is the future brighter? see post 130)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO, the future does look brighter.
    Lets do the Bargnani thing first. Guy comes in after missing 6 games, 34pts, 6rebs, 2 stls and 1 blk. So what if the rebs is not out of the ordinary (IMO, 6 wasnt that bad considering Gray, Amir and Kleiza flooded the defensive paint), so what if the Suns are a mediocre team. If you dont think Bargnani is this team's franchise player based on last night's performance considering the circumstances, then i dont know how else you'll be convinced.

As ive said before, I would consider Bargnani as the focal point of this team moving forward, but i wouldnt want to build this team around him, but rather with him. Instead of getting pieces that will fit beside him, find pieces that will fit with the team concept and for sure things will workout.

I wouldnt trade Demar or Ed. Theyve already shown last year what they are capable of, and this year's showing is pretty much a by-product of a new system, no training camp. Im not saying im not disappointed, but im not running out of patience either. I do hope that they cement the core, Bargnani, JV, Calderon, Amir, Ed, JJ and Demar and get pieces that will fit, moving forward.

Comment

• Ya its definitely the short training camp and the entirely new system we have. Once they get the defense down DeMar will go back to dropping 20ppg and Ed will continue dropping 10 and 10

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Ya its definitely the short training camp and the entirely new system we have. Once they get the defense down DeMar will go back to dropping 20ppg and Ed will continue dropping 10 and 10
        If this happens, the sky is the limit for this team.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Ya its definitely the short training camp and the entirely new system we have. Once they get the defense down DeMar will go back to dropping 20ppg and Ed will continue dropping 10 and 10
          this is the kind of positivity the universe needs to send great karma at the raps 75% full is awesome. love it

Comment

• Plus Ed hasn't had a full training camp since his rookie year. That makes a big difference. Next season we'll see what these 2 are really made of. There are going to be a lot of ups and downs as we have seen so far, but in the end it'll all be worth it.

Comment

• Continuing with the future brighter despite poor performances by DD and ED, two more things:

1) there truly appears to be a culture change in Toronto evolving. A small but important example, Harrington going at Kleiza and Kleiza laughs. Also don't forget Kleiza was the one who put the hard foul on Rondo (no easy layups) - it was too bad Rondo made the cardinal sin of falling by putting his hands underneath his body.

2) The Raps are 6-7 with Bargnani and 0-7 without him. Going on winning percentage (and I am aware it is a very small sample) that would be good enough for 8th seed. Add JV, another top draft pick, a notable free agent, and a winning trade and all of a sudden the Raptors could be looking at a higher position than 8 next year and a much higher position than 8 a couple of seasons down the road. I think if you give Casey the talent, he will yield results like the Raptors have never seen.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Continuing with the future brighter despite poor performances by DD and ED, two more things:

1) there truly appears to be a culture change in Toronto evolving. A small but important example, Harrington going at Kleiza and Kleiza laughs. .
                I another thread the image on the front page of RR is mentioned. I loved it when Kleiza was laughing at Harrington. It was like "What, you want me to meet you in the parking lot? I'm going to do you a favour and just laugh at you little man."

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  I another thread the image on the front page of RR is mentioned. I loved it when Kleiza was laughing at Harrington. It was like "What, you want me to meet you in the parking lot? I'm going to do you a favour and just laugh at you little man."
                  As a Kleiza fan, he toyed with the Utah crowd as well. Remember BC referring to LK as someone who has a "ton of brother" in him?
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Harrington can't do shit. JJ would have layed him out, its always good to have a teammate who's a black belt in Martial arts.

Comment

Working...
                    X