Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting Rasual Butler: not even pretending you aren't tanking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Even when his shot is dropping, DeRozan won't have the guard-skills that Mayo already possesses. IMO, Mayo is the player we're hoping DeRozan might one day turn into.
    DeRozan will end up a way better player than mayo and will probably crack the all star game a couple of times. He has tons of time to improve. Plus this is a shorten season with no training camp, limited practice time, new coach, new system, new Defense, new philosophy and new offense. He's going to go up and down but once he understands everything he'll go HAM!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      I don't agree with that at all. I'm not hoping he becomes O.J. Mayo. If the Raptors want Mayo why not wait for the summer and sign him?

Another thing for you to consider is that Mayo has been in the league going on four seasons and he hasn't improved. I'm not against him coming here but I'm against trading DeRozan for him. We're too quick to toss guys under the bus around here.
      Quick to toss guys under the bus?...Like we were quick to toss Carter, Bosh or even Bargnani?... I think we need to be a little more trigger happy.

Demar and even Bargnani will both fade when the going gets tough and you're going to have to replace their spine to change that. I say trade both~

Also, Demar is a shooting guard who can't shoot.

Comment

raptors2012 wrote: View Post
        Quick to toss guys under the bus?...Like we were quick to toss Carter, Bosh or even Bargnani?... I think we need to be a little more trigger happy.

Demar and even Bargnani will both fade when the going gets tough and you're going to have to replace their spine to change that. I say trade both~

He can't dribble either. Not a great combination.

Comment

DeMar should sit down and watch hours and hours of Rip Hamilton game tape. He is a more athletic Rip in my opinion.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            DeMar should sit down and watch hours and hours of Rip Hamilton game tape. He is a more athletic Rip in my opinion.
            Hamilton is a non-stop mover without the ball. His motor never dies. I don't see the tenacity required in DeRozan.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
              Hamilton is a non-stop mover without the ball. His motor never dies. I don't see the tenacity required in DeRozan.
              Which is why he should sit down and start watching the game tape. Hamilton is a great mid-range player who knows how to curl off screens and get himself open. He can also post up and slash/drive. He doesn't have near the athletic ability of DeRozan yet is still effective at getting to the FT line.

DeRozan is never going to be a young Vince Carter-type player, so he should stop modelling his game after it.

As for not seeing the tenacity required, after watching Bargnani box out this year and play team defense:

Anything is possible indeed.

Comment

What do you mean by "when the going gets tough"? Hasn't the going been tough since then end of the 2007/2008 season?

Comment

What do you mean by "when the going gets tough"? Hasn't the going been tough since then end of the 2007/2008 season?
                  You think demar's disappearing now....just wait til they get to the playoffs. Bargs doesn't have the heart to pull us through in a playoff atmosphere either when they'll really be pounding him and testing his will. Could just see him giving up.

Comment

You think demar's disappearing now....just wait til they get to the playoffs. Bargs doesn't have the heart to pull us through in a playoff atmosphere either when they'll really be pounding him and testing his will. Could just see him giving up.
                    DeMar isn't disappearing. He's struggling and has been struggling all season. It never seems to fail to shock me how most fans around here toss a player under the bus at the first sign of adversity. There is hardly no loyalty what so ever in Raptorsland. It's always "what have you done for me lately?"

Comment

DeMar isn't disappearing. He's struggling and has been struggling all season. It never seems to fail to shock me how most fans around here toss a player under the bus at the first sign of adversity. There is hardly no loyalty what so ever in Raptorsland. It's always "what have you done for me lately?"
                      Not about loyalty. It's about putting our eggs in the wrong basket.

Blows my mind how we put so much faith in a SG that can't shoot... or dribble.

And since you're talking about loyalty... how many players do you think would take a pay cut to play in toronto if their demand is much higher elsewhere? Bargs? Wasn't he the one that said he'd rather like to play somewhere warm?

Comment

Will you still be saying that in a couple months after DeRozan is through this funk?
                        Absolutely. It doesn't change the fact Mayo's skill set is a better fit for us.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          Absolutely. It doesn't change the fact Mayo's skill set is a better fit for us.
                          no it isn't

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            There is no doubt the guys have talent.
                            I would like to volunteer my doubt. Talent to play in the NBA? Maybe. Talent to stop the Raptors from being the sump pump of the NBA? No.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              no it isn't
                              Yes it is.

Comment

Copywryter wrote: View Post
                                I would like to volunteer my doubt. Talent to play in the NBA? Maybe. Talent to stop the Raptors from being the sump pump of the NBA? No.
                                There have been enough flashes to have me volunteer my doubt to your doubt. I don't think either are going to perennial all-stars but at the same time we are talking about two guys who could be seniors in college.

Comment

Working...
                                X