View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

13 33.33%
  • Batum

15 38.46%
  • Mayo

2 5.13%
  • Lin

2 5.13%
  • Lee

1 2.56%
  • Fields

4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

1 2.56%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • L.Williams

0 0%
  • Green

1 2.56%
Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2012

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Augustin and I think we should go after him. His size is an issue, but he's got great play making skills, and has a really nice shot. He's already used to the half court offensive game by playing in Charlotte, so I think that would work well under Casey.

He's got a really good assist/to ratio. His stats (this year) are actually very comparable to Felton, but is three years younger.

He's no stud like DWill, CPaul or Rondo, but he may be a better guy to get for a reasonable price ($7-$8M/yr) than hoping to get someone like Kabongo who could end up a bust.

Raptors Republic Rookie SandmanFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Augustin could be a good #2 PG. More of a PG than Bayless, IMO, allowing JB to play more as a SG and just score off the bench. Courtney Lee sounds pretty good to me as well. By the way, I think the RFA window is now only 3 days with the new CBA.

Other than that we need some dynamic wing players and I don't see any

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote big_chris wrote: View Post
    That list is underwhelming. Restricted free agents are risky to chase after. We could sign Lee to an offer sheet, but then our space is tied up for a player we don't even have. Rockets wait 7 day's, all the other free agents we wanted sign with other teams, Rockets match.

Teams let players they want to keep hit RFA all the time. Sometimes at that point, they even encourage their guy to seek a contract elsewhere. Once market value is determined, they wait the full 7 day's, then match. It's something we should do with Derozan, even if we do want to keep him.
    In the new CBA it is now 3 days to match for a restricted free agent.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SandmanFan wrote: View Post
    Other than that we need some dynamic wing players and I don't see any
    Mayo could be that guy. He's under-utilized, and under-appreciated in Memphis. The kid's a stud.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Outside of Beasley and Mayo whom would demand big bucks and starting roles I think there might be a few good players to look at filling out the bench. JJ Hickson might be a nice addition. Also have to take into consideration how to replace the points we'd lose if Barbosa moves onto another team after this season. I agree that this team is in bad need of starting calibre talent first, but all good teams have a good