View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

13 33.33%
  • Batum

15 38.46%
  • Mayo

2 5.13%
  • Lin

2 5.13%
  • Lee

1 2.56%
  • Fields

4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

1 2.56%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • L.Williams

0 0%
  • Green

1 2.56%
Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2012

Post Thanks / Like

They didn't say key piece. All they said is build around him. You don't build around complementary players, you build around franchise players. If they're talking of building around him then they're considering him a franchise player and I believe he's on the verge of a breakout season. You'll see him over 20PPG next season and he rounds out the stats sheet everywhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    They didn't say key piece. All they said is build around him. You don't build around complementary players, you build around franchise players. If they're talking of building around him then they're considering him a franchise player and I believe he's on the verge of a breakout season. You'll see him over 20PPG next season and he rounds out the stats sheet everywhere else.
    Trade Jose and there is a chance, albeit a small chance, that could be in Toronto. Oh yeah, and they'll have to overpay.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

So you see Apollo, maybe I was not so crazy after all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Trade Jose and there is a chance, albeit a small chance, that could be in Toronto. Oh yeah, and they'll have to overpay.
    If they envision him a franchise guy they're probably willing to match any offer that Batum could realistically attract. If anything Colangelo merely jacks up Batums price and forces the Blazers to blow their budget. I'm ok with that after they helped the Raptors overspend on Hedont.

Post Thanks / Like

The Raptors built around Jose and Bosh in 2007-2010. Does that make Calderon a franchise player?

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    The Raptors built around Jose and Bosh in 2007-2010. Does that make Calderon a franchise player?
    If they built around both of them then it makes them a "franchise duo" (Malone & Stockton) and it might as well could have been.

Post Thanks / Like

They didn't build around Calderon. Show me one quote where Colangelo ever said he built around Calderon. Calderon was a piece used to build around Bosh. Colangelo considered Bosh a franchise player at one time. That's why they built around him.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They didn't build around Calderon. Show me one quote where Colangelo ever said he built around Calderon. Calderon was a piece used to build around Bosh. Colangelo considered Bosh a franchise player at one time. That's why they built around him.
    Agreed. At no point was Calderon "built around", in the same way that Alvin Williams wasn't built around playing alongside Carter.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

So you're going to take Chris Broussard's word as the word of God?

This guy is one of the worst reporters at ESPN right now and I'm convinced that he's a full-blown idiot.

(lol, he can't even spell Memphis right.)

He doesn't report news--he makes them. Come on, he's the guy that's been floating and escalating Dwight rumours from his "sources" as well as the guy who was spewing bs about LBJ going to Chicago since 2009.

I'll leave you this to illustrate my point:
    Last edited by Prime; Thu Mar 15th, 2012 at 01:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I chuckled. Mission accomplished.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys what do you think about acquiring JJ hickson and trading ed or amir for some assets.

Raptors Republic Rookie Jon_Wade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/donald_sloan/ http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/morris_almond/ http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/manny_harris/ http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/edwin_ubiles/ Since Barbosa is gone we will probably need to aquire another back up shooting guard and point gaurd, heres a few of the better players in the d league
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
    http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/donald_sloan/ http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/morris_almond/ http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/manny_harris/ http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/edwin_ubiles/ Since Barbosa is gone we will probably need to aquire another back up shooting guard and point gaurd, heres a few of the better players in the d league
    Byron Scott has reportedly said on his radio show Cleveland was bringing back Harris.

Post Thanks / Like

Terence Williams was just released. You know what to do, BC.

Post Thanks / Like

With Lowry and Martin both injured, Lee and Dragic are taking the opportunity to inflate their free agent contract value.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Mar 21st, 2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Lee, not Martin

Post Thanks / Like

having watched Ancient Aliens and played the "As Some Ancient Astronaut Theorists Believe" drinking game...I just pissed myself laughing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    With Lowry and Martin both injured, Lee and Dragic are taking the opportunity to inflate their free agent contract value.
    I think Courtney Lee would fit in well in Toronto. He'd be a good bench player and sometimes fill-in starter.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Courtney Lee would fit in well in Toronto. He'd be a good bench player and sometimes fill-in starter.
    100% agree.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

...and Goran Dragic...thank you!

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    ...and Goran Dragic...thank you!
    HELL, why not bring in both?

Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread Information