View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

    13 33.33%
  • Batum

    15 38.46%
  • Mayo

    2 5.13%
  • Lin

    2 5.13%
  • Lee

    1 2.56%
  • Fields

    4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

    1 2.56%
  • Kidd

    0 0%
  • L.Williams

    0 0%
  • Green

    1 2.56%
Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 1585

Thread: Free Agency 2012

  1. #241
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They didn't say key piece. All they said is build around him. You don't build around complementary players, you build around franchise players. If they're talking of building around him then they're considering him a franchise player and I believe he's on the verge of a breakout season. You'll see him over 20PPG next season and he rounds out the stats sheet everywhere else.

  2. #242
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    They didn't say key piece. All they said is build around him. You don't build around complementary players, you build around franchise players. If they're talking of building around him then they're considering him a franchise player and I believe he's on the verge of a breakout season. You'll see him over 20PPG next season and he rounds out the stats sheet everywhere else.
    Trade Jose and there is a chance, albeit a small chance, that could be in Toronto. Oh yeah, and they'll have to overpay.

  3. #243
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    They didn't say key piece. All they said is build around him. You don't build around complementary players, you build around franchise players. If they're talking of building around him then they're considering him a franchise player and I believe he's on the verge of a breakout season. You'll see him over 20PPG next season and he rounds out the stats sheet everywhere else.
    So you see Apollo, maybe I was not so crazy after all.

  4. #244
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Trade Jose and there is a chance, albeit a small chance, that could be in Toronto. Oh yeah, and they'll have to overpay.
    If they envision him a franchise guy they're probably willing to match any offer that Batum could realistically attract. If anything Colangelo merely jacks up Batums price and forces the Blazers to blow their budget. I'm ok with that after they helped the Raptors overspend on Hedont.

  5. #245
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    They didn't say key piece. All they said is build around him. You don't build around complementary players, you build around franchise players. If they're talking of building around him then they're considering him a franchise player and I believe he's on the verge of a breakout season. You'll see him over 20PPG next season and he rounds out the stats sheet everywhere else.
    The Raptors built around Jose and Bosh in 2007-2010. Does that make Calderon a franchise player?

  6. #246
    Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    The Raptors built around Jose and Bosh in 2007-2010. Does that make Calderon a franchise player?
    If they built around both of them then it makes them a "franchise duo" (Malone & Stockton) and it might as well could have been.

  7. #247
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They didn't build around Calderon. Show me one quote where Colangelo ever said he built around Calderon. Calderon was a piece used to build around Bosh. Colangelo considered Bosh a franchise player at one time. That's why they built around him.

  8. #248
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    They didn't build around Calderon. Show me one quote where Colangelo ever said he built around Calderon. Calderon was a piece used to build around Bosh. Colangelo considered Bosh a franchise player at one time. That's why they built around him.
    Agreed. At no point was Calderon "built around", in the same way that Alvin Williams wasn't built around playing alongside Carter.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  9. #249
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So you're going to take Chris Broussard's word as the word of God?

    This guy is one of the worst reporters at ESPN right now and I'm convinced that he's a full-blown idiot.

    (lol, he can't even spell Memphis right.)

    He doesn't report news--he makes them. Come on, he's the guy that's been floating and escalating Dwight rumours from his "sources" as well as the guy who was spewing bs about LBJ going to Chicago since 2009.

    I'll leave you this to illustrate my point:
    Last edited by Prime; Thu Mar 15th, 2012 at 01:48 PM.

  10. #250
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ok, I chuckled. Mission accomplished.

  11. #251
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey guys what do you think about acquiring JJ hickson and trading ed or amir for some assets.

  12. #252
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jon_Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nova scotia
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/donald_sloan/ http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/morris_almond/ http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/manny_harris/ http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/edwin_ubiles/ Since Barbosa is gone we will probably need to aquire another back up shooting guard and point gaurd, heres a few of the better players in the d league
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

  13. #253
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
    http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/donald_sloan/ http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/morris_almond/ http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/manny_harris/ http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/edwin_ubiles/ Since Barbosa is gone we will probably need to aquire another back up shooting guard and point gaurd, heres a few of the better players in the d league
    Byron Scott has reportedly said on his radio show Cleveland was bringing back Harris.

  14. #254
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Terence Williams was just released. You know what to do, BC.

  15. #255
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    With Lowry and Martin both injured, Lee and Dragic are taking the opportunity to inflate their free agent contract value.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Mar 21st, 2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Lee, not Martin

  16. #256
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    having watched Ancient Aliens and played the "As Some Ancient Astronaut Theorists Believe" drinking game...I just pissed myself laughing

  17. #257
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    With Lowry and Martin both injured, Lee and Dragic are taking the opportunity to inflate their free agent contract value.
    I think Courtney Lee would fit in well in Toronto. He'd be a good bench player and sometimes fill-in starter.

  18. #258
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think Courtney Lee would fit in well in Toronto. He'd be a good bench player and sometimes fill-in starter.
    100% agree.

  19. #259
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think Courtney Lee would fit in well in Toronto. He'd be a good bench player and sometimes fill-in starter.
    ...and Goran Dragic...thank you!

  20. #260
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    ...and Goran Dragic...thank you!
    HELL, why not bring in both?

Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •