View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

13 33.33%
  • Batum

15 38.46%
  • Mayo

2 5.13%
  • Lin

2 5.13%
  • Lee

1 2.56%
  • Fields

4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

1 2.56%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • L.Williams

0 0%
  • Green

1 2.56%
Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2012

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    The only FA we might have a shot at is Nash. But even with that being said, I think he'll either re-up in Phoenix or sign on to play with his BFF in Dallas. We should be saving cap space for next year's FA group.
    The time to spend money is this summer if free agency is a big part of the master plan.

Any cap space next year will be spent on re-signing DD (or letting him walk for nothing) and JJ (or letting him walk for nothing) first.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goran Dragic

Hope the Raptors get him this summer Raptors have alot of money to spend this offseason + Daron willaims is not a realistic PG options + No good PGs in the draft that we can target with our pick + Huston already has a decent PG in Lowry.

He's a tough, gritty PG who can use his speed in the open floor AND in the half court set. Not a bad set shooter either, and has some underrated passing skills. He's really stepped in nicely for Lowry since he's went down with some type of STD (joke).

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragic is a solid player, but would he really be any different than Calderon? numbers are pretty similar and Dragic isn't going to get much better in all likelihood, he'd be a nice pickup but wouldn't improve the Raptors from where they are now in my opinion

Post Thanks / Like

In Phoenix he appeared to be the perfect backup,he was good in transition,he hit some clutch shots,he wasnt a great defender,but he was perky & relentless,has good size....So why did the Suns trade him? Did they feel he was an overachiever,that was only playing well becuz of their system? That couldnt be the reason,becuz he's still doing the same thing in Houston..

As a fan seeing how successful he was in limited minutes in Phoenix and Houston,i have to say alot teams should go after him..There was a rumor during the trade deadline, that the Lakers were trying to get him....

Post Thanks / Like

GP MPG FG% RPG APG BLKPG STPG PFPG PPG
    10 36.3 .514 3.7 8.8 0.1 1.8 3.2 16.7

Last 10 games he's played

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always liked Dragic since his Phoenix days. Phx made a mistake doing this and they even sent a first rounder along for Aaron Brooks who is not a pure point guard and wasnt getting along with coach Adelman in Houston. Dragic is probably one the most signable ufas available to the Raps for a position of need. We can still keep Jose but it also provides flexibility and better defense at the position. I have never seen a game where he hasnt played hard. He has just an all around game, is young, experienced now and stable personality (like Jose). As a Euro he may like what is happening in TO as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I have always liked Dragic since his Phoenix days. Phx made a mistake doing this and they even sent a first rounder along for Aaron Brooks who is not a pure point guard and wasnt getting along with coach Adelman in Houston. Dragic is probably one the most signable ufas available to the Raps for a position of need. We can still keep Jose but it also provides flexibility and better defense at the position. I have never seen a game where he hasnt played hard. He has just an all around game, is young, experienced now and stable personality (like Jose). As a Euro he may like what is happening in TO as well.

All he needs is (mins) and we could give him that next year and we could end up with a good pg going forward with the youth we got.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on a boat to sign Goran Dragic.

Raptors Republic Rookie Absinthe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GD vs JB

So the question becomes how do you weigh Goran versus Jerryd?

Is JB a better defender? Does Goran's better ability to facilitate the offense outweigh JB's ability to get his own?

Goran Dragic's Career Stats
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/goran_...eer_stats.html

Jerryd Bayless' Career Stats
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jerryd...eer_stats.html

Hint: you can click on any one of those, and use the nifty auto-trader compare a player feature, for a 2011-2012 comparison.

Nothing really jumps out at me, they both have similar numbers. JB turns the ball over a bit more, and scores a bit more, with better efficiency. Goran assists more.

I'm hanging with JB for now, hopefully we get to see more of him in the remaining games.

Edit: JB's out for the season - per Matt Devlin's tweet (Brought to my attention by RaptorsFan4Life).
    https://twitter.com/#!/MattDevlinRap...90814344482816

Sooo I guess disregard this post, lol.
    Last edited by Absinthe; Tue Mar 27th, 2012 at 08:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Absinthe wrote: View Post
    So the question becomes how do you weigh Goran versus Jerryd?

Is JB a better defender? Does Goran's better ability to facilitate the offense outweigh JB's ability to get his own?

Goran Dragic's Career Stats
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/goran_...eer_stats.html

Jerryd Bayless' Career Stats
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jerryd...eer_stats.html

Hint: you can click on any one of those, and use the nifty auto-trader compare a player feature, for a 2011-2012 comparison.

Nothing really jumps out at me, they both have similar numbers. JB turns the ball over a bit more, and scores a bit more, with better efficiency. Goran assists more.

I'm hanging with JB for now, hopefully we get to see more of him in the remaining games.

Edit: JB's out for the season - per Matt Devlin's tweet (Brought to my attention by RaptorsFan4Life).
    https://twitter.com/#!/MattDevlinRap...90814344482816

Sooo I guess disregard this post, lol.
    Goran Dragic is a better point guard than Bayless is, and the thing we need to address is the future point guard. Stats don't always tell the story, and that's always been the problem for Bayless. It's just his on-court game as a point guard isn't as reliable as a real point guard is. Hell he is one good scorer, defender and everything else. But he's not the point guard that is Goran Dragic who delivers about the same defense (system, and on-ball) good shooter, great quickness, very good passer, great court vision, great awareness, and those last two things are what Bayless struggles in deeply.

Overall greatly skilled, underrated athleticism, and still much potential left within' the guy.

IMO, whoever is the point guard, they're behind Calderon, and either of them I'm fine with.

Raptors Republic Rookie Fanchie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Batum interview

As your contract expires this summer, we have to ask : would you rather play for a contender with a minor role or for a team trying to reach the playoffs with a major role ?

I was expecting this one. I'll be honest : both. And I'll consider the offers when it's time, right now it's too soon. You want to win and play for a "win now" team. But if that means being benched, no thanks. A winning team with a big role, I'm ok. An average team that I help winning, I'm fine too.
    Source : http://www.basketusa.com/news/103929...de-basket-usa/

That's us !

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fanchie wrote: View Post
    Batum interview

Source : http://www.basketusa.com/news/103929...de-basket-usa/

That's us !
    Unfortunately that also means Portland.. and Portland has his RFA rights. He's most likely going to be staying in Portland as he doesn't really have much say as to where he will be playing (unless if Portland no longer wants him - but once they traded Wallace that seems less likely).

Post Thanks / Like

Gilchrist > Batum

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Gilchrist > Batum
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Gilchrist > Batum
    +2

Post Thanks / Like

You're going to need a top 3 pick to possibly get MKG though

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Batum is interchangeable between the 2 & 3. No need to be selective...if both are on the Raps!

Post Thanks / Like

That'd certainly be a wet dream. Imagine what the team could do defensively?

Post Thanks / Like

Neither Dragic or Bayless is the answer. Guys, seriously, the Raptors have money to spend and they can do better than this. Or they can wait as they currently have a starting PG after all.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Neither Dragic or Bayless is the answer. Guys, seriously, the Raptors have money to spend and they can do better than this. Or they can wait as they currently have a starting PG after all.
    what about from the draft? Maybe we can pickup a second round steal

Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread Information