View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

13 33.33%
  • Batum

15 38.46%
  • Mayo

2 5.13%
  • Lin

2 5.13%
  • Lee

1 2.56%
  • Fields

4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

1 2.56%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • L.Williams

0 0%
  • Green

1 2.56%
Page 25 of 80 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Gerald Wallace is now going to be a free agent. I would kill to have him

Post Thanks / Like

I also want to sign Marcus Camby to a 2 year deal. So that we have a starting quality backup while Valanciunas figures out how not to foul

Post Thanks / Like

What makes you think Camby wants to sign here?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    What makes you think Camby wants to sign here?
    I can think of 5 million reasons (mid level exception) probably the most he is going to get in the twilight of his career

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes you think Wallace wants to sign here? he hates toronto

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Camby said he wanted to re-sign in Houston

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I also want to sign Marcus Camby to a 2 year deal. So that we have a starting quality backup while Valanciunas figures out how not to foul
    I'd stay away from Camby. There were rumblings he was part of the issues going on in Portland through out the year. Then I was reading this today:

If there were a leader, the players' discontent with coach Nate McMillan never would have spread to the point where the team flat out quit on him. The whining whispers of Raymond Felton, in particular to Gerald Wallace, would have been stopped. The sulking of Jamal Crawford would have been stifled. And the indifference of Marcus Camby would have been challenged.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...among_tea.html
    Not to mention his injury history, age, and declining production. If I had to take Camby or Gray, I'd take Gray.... and I bet he'd be a lot cheaper as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ersan Ilyasova?

What about Ersan?

When looking at Casey's checklist of desires in players, he is a close fit.

He will be 25 next year.
    He is a great shooter.
    He is experienced and proven.
    Statistically he is not a great defender but if Calderon can look like a decent defender in Casey's system, Ilyasova should look godly.

Given Bargnani's known deficiencies statistically, he could have a field day clearing the glass as long as Bargnani continues to box out.

If it came down to giving AK47 $8M or Ilyasova $8M, I'd go with Ilyasova.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

but he's more of a 4 than a 3

Post Thanks / Like

I can think of 5 million reasons (mid level exception) probably the most he is going to get in the twilight of his career
    You want to give Marcus Camby 5 million a season? Maybe 5 million Mexican pesos or 5 million Indian rupees, and that still might be too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    What about Ersan?

When looking at Casey's checklist of desires in players, he is a close fit.

He will be 25 next year.
    He is a great shooter.
    He is experienced and proven.
    Statistically he is not a great defender but if Calderon can look like a decent defender in Casey's system, Ilyasova should look godly.

Given Bargnani's known deficiencies statistically, he could have a field day clearing the glass as long as Bargnani continues to box out.

If it came down to giving AK47 $8M or Ilyasova $8M, I'd go with Ilyasova.
    I heart Ilyasova. Whatever money anyone was thinking about giving Kirilenko, I'd give Ilyasova. That kid is gritty, tough, decent defender, good rebounder and he'd got a decent midrange game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    So is James Johnson, but that doesn't stop him from being a 3. Ilyasova is better rebounder than Johnson and has a better offensive game. I'd throw cash at that kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Gerald Wallace is now going to be a free agent. I would kill to have him
    Wallace makes sense for a team looking for that one piece to vault them into contender status, not a team in a rebuilding status. He's looking for a long term contract starting at $10 mil a season. And we'd have to overpay for him, so probably 12 mil a season. No thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Besides the obvious stars, Raptors should be gunning for one of the big young RFA wings: Eric Gordon, OJ Mayo or Nic Batum.

One player I think would be a huge difference maker for the Raps is Gerald Wallace -- Looks like he is going to opt out. He would be a monster in Casey's system, but at what price?

others i would personally like to see on short contracts : Steve Nash, Ray Felton, Bayless and
    Even Landry Fields could become a much improved player under Casey, he is a good glue guy seems to do everything pretty well.

The fanboy in me wants OJ Mayo. Can start or come off the bench, sharpshooter, playoff experience, loves Johnny Davis from Memphis, has a game-breaking offensive game.
    Batum is nearly a lock to be retained and I wouldn't want the Raps to over-overpay to get him (plus Portland has even more cap space than the Raps). Eric Gordon has an injury bug, too much risk for the price he will come at (although a very high reward if he shakes his injury woes, although I don't think BC would go for it, messing with his plan and with one year left on his deal).

Exciting times, boys. kinda sad that it gets more exciting when the season ends...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Maybe. But put a guy in who can create his own shot and create for others at the 2 guard and suddenly that is no longer as big of an issue on offense as he is able to stretch the defense with his 3 point shooting and is savvy at cutting to the hoop.

On defense, I don't have enough conviction in stating if he could reasonably guard SF's in the NBA.

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe. But put a guy in who can create his own shot and create for others at the 2 guard and suddenly that is no longer as big of an issue on offense as he is able to stretch the defense with his 3 point shooting and is savvy at cutting to the hoop.

On defense, I don't have enough conviction in stating if he could reasonably guard SF's in the NBA.
    I like his game and whoever was commentating (Jack or Leo) raved about him when the Bucks played the Raps. We have to be interested in him if not for any other reason than the fact he averaged 25ppg this year against us.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like

lets sign Jeff Green

Post Thanks / Like

lets sign Jeff Green
    I really hope you're joking. That poor kid is one hard workout from dropping dead on the court.

Post Thanks / Like

If he is cleared by doctors and passes all his physicals I don't see any reason not to sign him

Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention his injury history, age, and declining production. If I had to take Camby or Gray, I'd take Gray.... and I bet he'd be a lot cheaper as well.
    Dude, you can't just stay away from players because they have disagreements with a coach. You wouldn't have enough to fill the roster then.

Taking Gray over Camby makes as much sense as it doesn't.

Plus, Camby doesn't even play in portland anymore and he isn't known for beefs.

His declining production fits perfectly with his declining role on a team. Nobody is talking about him being a starter or a long term fix, so if anything his age is a positive because of the experience he can share. His Injury history, i'd be shocked if a late 30's 7 foot man didn't have an injury history. Never mind one that has played basketball for the past twenty something years.

But, I do agree that he shouldn't be coming here nore will he. He's at the age where he just wants to settle in and play out his last few years. If he does move, he wants it to be to a legit contender and wants a guaranteed role where his minutes don't constantly fluxuate.

Page 25 of 80 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread Information