View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

13 33.33%
  • Batum

15 38.46%
  • Mayo

2 5.13%
  • Lin

2 5.13%
  • Lee

1 2.56%
  • Fields

4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

1 2.56%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • L.Williams

0 0%
  • Green

1 2.56%
Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1585

Thread: Free Agency 2012

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Nash deal goes down with a s&t incl. Jose then it's a wash (there are murmurs that the Nash deal is for 30 mill/3 yrs). This allows the Raps to go for another above-moderately priced FA. No? The TPE can also come into play I think (I dont know the rules here vis a vis the cap position).

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Marc Stein: Just going online and on SportsCenter: Hawks have agreed in principle to deal Marvin Williams to Utah for Devin Harris to shed even more $ Twitter
    Does this open a spot up for Calderon or have Utah picked up another PG
    Edit: Mo williams was picked up
    Brian T. Smith: Harris-Williams trade has not been finalized but both sides are hopeful it will go through. Twitter
    Last edited by jbml; Mon Jul 2nd, 2012 at 08:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't think Ilyasova is a SF but could there be some out there in Raptor front office who do?

They have been adamant that SF is the #1 priority after Nash.
    Unless they're planning to take care of that priority via a trade?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Unless they're planning to take care of that priority via a trade?
    It is definitely a possibility but given the amount of financial flexibility, young players, high draft pick, and extreme hype leading up to the draft, I'm not sure the trade market is necessarily open to Colangelo on his terms.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

now that's a trade. Joe Johnson for 4 guys who've never been in my kitchen. Sure it's a big contract but that's one of the best players at his position. From all i've heard, this is the trade (but for a SF) that Colangelo is looking for. Get it done! As for who, I have no idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    now that's a trade. Joe Johnson for 4 guys who've never been in my kitchen. Sure it's a big contract but that's one of the best players at his position. From all i've heard, this is the trade (but for a SF) that Colangelo is looking for. Get it done! As for who, I have no idea.
    Who would be options? All salary figures approximate for 2012-13 and certainly not mean to be an exhaustive list (just off top of head):

Gay $16M
    Iguodala $14M
    Smith $13M
    Chandler $6M
    Wright $4M
    Marion $8.5M
    Prince $6.5M
    Granger $12M
    George $rookie deal (if IND matches max contract to Roy "12/8" Hibbert, hmmmmmmm)
    Deng $13M
    Dudley $4.5M

FWIW, I like Dudley and would love to see him come in a S&T for Nash. He is a real value contract in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    $12.5M per for Batum? Please... Seems a little crazy if you ask me.
    I have to agree.

I really like his game but he is very much like DeRozan in the sense he has shown tremendous flashes but has never put it all together - and he is much more skilled than DD.

If a team pays $12.5M they are paying for what they think he could be and not what he is.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoopsworls has Batum under "done deals" along with Garnet, Hibbard, Hill and Miller

Nicolas Batum, 4 years, $45-50 million (offer sheet), Minnesota Timberwolves – Like with any restricted free agent, the Timberwolves had to overshoot Batum’s value a little (okay, a lot) to ensure that his former team, the Portland Trail Blazers, would not match the offer sheet. While Batum is undeniably talented and an argument could be made pretty easily that he’s got more to give as a player than what he was able to show in Portland, this is a huge chunk of change. The scary thing for the Blazers is that they’ll have to decide on matching this within the same time frame that they’ll be waiting for Indiana to make a call on Hibbert. They might not be able to splurge on both, so it’ll be interesting to see how they deal with everything.

For Minnesota, though, they’ll have the shooting guard they’ve been wanting for a couple of seasons now, even if it cost a pretty penny to get it done.
    Nash and Allen under Standing Offers
    Standing Offers:

Steve Nash, 2 years, $36 million, Toronto Raptors – Nash also met with the Knicks on the first day of free agency, but it’s the Raptors’ offer that leaked after a day’s worth of meetings. For $12 million a year, the Raptors get the guy for which Canadian basketball fans have been praying for years, instilling civic pride in the Raps and boosting attendance for what really is a great fan base. Nash doesn’t make this team a championship contender, but he helps Toronto in a lot of other ways, and there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s kind of fun envisioning Nash wrapping up his career in Canada.

The Knicks, however, are quite a bit more interesting. That’s a team Nash could help make a championship contender, and if Jeremy Lin ends up with an impossible Omer-Asik-type deal from some other team, Nash would be a very logical fit with the Knicks, assuming he’d be interested in playing there for quite a bit less than $12 million a year.

Nash will meet with other teams, but these are the two most intriguing. Almost everyone seems to be rooting for him to end up in Toronto.
    And under Up Next Williams and Lin

Jeremy Lin, New York Knicks & Others – Just like with Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin likely to get a “poison pill” offer sheet from some team thanks to the Gilbert Arenas provision in the new CBA. He’ll get offered around $5 million for the first two years of the deal, then $14-15 million for the last two years, making it hard for the Knicks to match. They obviously want to keep him, but Toronto, Dallas, and Brooklyn have interest, too, though only Toronto is likely to offer the back-loaded deal, and then only if Nash spurns them.

There’s still plenty of hope for Lin in New York, but he’s good enough for other teams to complicate things for them.

This is by no means a comprehensive list of everything that’s going on in the world of free agency right now, but it is a far scorecard of all the known information currently out there. To keep an eye on what changes throughout the day (and the rest of free agency for that matter) keep refreshing our Free Agency Diary for the latest.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/free-agent-scorecard
    Last edited by jbml; Mon Jul 2nd, 2012 at 09:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

There was talk yesterday about Toronto and Batum's agent discussing in the next couple of days I thought.

Did BC say, "We are not going there so never mind?"

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...rom-steve-nash

The Raptors, meanwhile, are still having cursory discussions with other free agents but itís unlikely anyone is asked for a formal commitment until the Nash situation is resolved.

There were indications late last week that they might have some interest in Knicks restricted free agent Jeremy Lin but it would likely take a back-loaded contract that pushes New York over the more punitive tax level thatís coming to make anything happen.

Of course, the two Houston guards are on Torontoís radar: The Rockets were meeting with free agent Goran Dragic on Monday ó they added his brother Zoran to their summer league team ó and itís doubtful Houston would open the season with both Dragic and Kyle Lowry under contract.

Other than that, the list of available small forwards ó general manager Bryan Colangelo has admitted itís a position that needs addressing ó is underwhelming.

One name mentioned by one league source Monday was former Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko. After playing last season is his native Russia, Kirilenko has expressed an interest in returning to the NBA and it was long thought he would be looking at Brooklyn as a landing spot. But with the Nets having locked up Gerald Wallace and, apparently, Joe Johnson to go along with current centre Brook Lopez and emerging young guard MarShon Brooks, there would seem to be no room for Kirilenko, the kind of multi-positional big man Colangelo loves.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Who would be options? All salary figures approximate for 2012-13 and certainly not mean to be an exhaustive list (just off top of head):

FWIW, I like Dudley and would love to see him come in a S&T for Nash. He is a real value contract in my opinion.
    +1

It will not be easy to get him though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ak47

One name mentioned by one league source Monday was former Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko.
    the kind of multi-positional big man Colangelo loves.
    Source: The Star

This is not a new idea by any means. There were AK rumors still while the season was ongoing. I think AK would be an excellent pick up if his durability wasn't a major question mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I'm not big on Kirilenko .. not sure why.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    cause he looks like a thinner dolph lundgren?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how the offer gets done in Minnesota without someone getting amnesty (likely Darko).

According to HoopsHype.com salary page, the Wolves have $48.7M committed in salary. This does not include the team options on Brad Miller or Martell Webster. Those deals are not guaranteed but add about another $1.45M with what they are owed. That takes the Wolves to just over $50M for 2012-13.

The most they can offer RIGHT NOW - NOT INCLUDING TRADE OR AMNESTY - is $8M.
    From the rumors I read, they would amnesty Webster and expect Miller to retire.

Post Thanks / Like

Man the t-wolves are hilarious

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You know it sucks when names like Kirilenko and Ilyasova are coming up as potential SF targets for the Raps... at this point I'd be all over that Deng deal. Perhaps we can take Deng off Chicago's hands so that they can match Houston's offer for Asik?

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He isn't pretty but I love his game... even at 31 years of age:

MVP - Andrei Kirilenko, CSKA Moscow
    It took him 11 years to return to the Turkish Airlines Euroleague but small forward Andrei Kirilenko has proved to be instrumental in CSKA Moscow's comeback season. Kirilenko had a sudden impact in the competition, earning regular season Games 1 and 4 MVP honors and being chosen as the bwin MVP for October. He also leads the 2011-12 Euroleague in performance index ranking (24.1 per game), rebounds (7.2 rpg.) and blocks (1.87 bpg.). Kirilenko is second in steals (1.53 spg.) and was the Euroleague's only player to rank among the 10 best in scoring, rebounding, steals and blocks. His intensity, energy and quickness allowed Kirilenko to become the 2011-12 Best Defender Trophy winner, but he was a decisive factor on offense, too. Kirilenko was the playoffs best scorer (17.5 ppg.), ranked fourth in fouls drawn (5.1 per game) and second in free throws made (4.6 per game). A EuroBasket winner with Russia in 2007 and a bronze medalist in 2011, Kirilenko's last trip to a Final Four was at age 20, back in 2001, when CSKA played the SuproLeague. A world-class player nowadays, Kirilenko is hungrier than anyone to win his first Euroleague title, dominating at both ends of the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    From the rumors I read, they would amnesty Webster and expect Miller to retire.
    Retirement still counts towards the cap. Remember Hakeem?

Interesting on Webster. Amnestying him would be a cost of $5.7M when they could pay him $860k to go away. That is a near $5M hit. I'd have to see a link to believe that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I'm worried because he is made of glass and has shown he is unable to withstand the rigours of an NBA season.

Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast

Thread Information