View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

13 33.33%
  • Batum

15 38.46%
  • Mayo

2 5.13%
  • Lin

2 5.13%
  • Lee

1 2.56%
  • Fields

4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

1 2.56%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • L.Williams

0 0%
  • Green

1 2.56%
Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1585

Thread: Free Agency 2012

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Illyasove for 10mil is too much. He broke out yes, but I cant see us paying more than 8 mil. I guess it depends on where the salary cap is.

Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The 76ers have elected to use their amnesty clause on Elton Brand, according to sources.

Brand has one season at $18 million left on his contract, which will come off Philadelphia's cap.

The 76ers must wait until July 11th to officially amnesty Brand.

Brand will go on waivers and become an unrestricted free agent if he goes unclaimed.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1zr9X5t4o
    I don't know if we even can get him but he would be great to play C and mentor JoVal

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there will be a lot of interest in Brand. But him, Val and Bargnani would actually make a well balanced front court rotation.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote connected wrote: View Post
    I don't know if we even can get him but he would be great to play C and mentor JoVal
    really interesting i thought phili could move him because he is a huge exipiring...well i think they might keep iggy they just freed 18 mil so whats the point of giving up AI for a 10 mil expiring. I honestly dont think iggy is a good fit like others have said he cannot make his own shot which is what we desepratley need. Its going to be interesting on what BC does next.

back to brand i dont think the raps will go after him...there is a log jam at PF and brand isnt a C

Post Thanks / Like

How much do you think Brand is looking for? I doubt he still thinks he is worth max.

Post Thanks / Like

Also does he play PF or can he step in as SF?

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    How much do you think Brand is looking for? I doubt he still thinks he is worth max.
    Brand isn't looking for anything right now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but as I understand it: if he is amnestied teams under the cap can bid on him with the highest bid winning. Phili only pays his contract minus what the new team bids.

If no team makes a bid he can clear waivers and becomes a free agent (with Phili paying his complete salary (but over a longer time - but that doesn't matter to us)). I doubt he clears waivers as he is still a pretty productive player and above average defensive player. It wouldn't be a bad idea to put in a (lowball) offer.

No way in hell he can play sf; he can only be used in a big man rotation.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he just goes to the highest bidding team who is still under the salary cap - but geo might be right not sure if he can play the C because he's not the player he use to be and he's only 6-9 but he still blocks shots at a decent rate

Post Thanks / Like

Also does he play PF or can he step in as SF?
    Brand's definitely a PF/C. Other than a decent mid-range jumper, he has no perimeter game to speak of.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

honestly stop talking about Brand
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Coming from the guy worshiping Forbes...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    lol did he touch you inappropriately?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Brand isn't looking for anything right now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but as I understand it: if he is amnestied teams under the cap can bid on him with the highest bid winning. Phili only pays his contract minus what the new team bids.

If no team makes a bid he can clear waivers and becomes a free agent (with Phili paying his complete salary (but over a longer time - but that doesn't matter to us)). I doubt he clears waivers as he is still a pretty productive player and above average defensive player. It wouldn't be a bad idea to put in a (lowball) offer.

No way in hell he can play sf; he can only be used in a big man rotation.
    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q67

But amnesty is different from the normal waiver process in that it allows teams to make either a full or partial waiver claim. Full waiver claims have precedence over partial waiver claims -- if one team makes a full waiver claim and another makes a partial waiver claim, the team making the full waiver claim is awarded the player. If multiple teams make full waiver claims, the player is awarded to the team with the worst record.

A partial waiver claim is a bid for a single dollar amount. If no team makes a full waiver claim, the player is awarded to the team submitting the highest bid in a partial waiver claim. If multiple teams bid the same amount, the player is awarded to the team with the worst record. When a team is awarded a player via a partial waiver claim, it pays the following portion of the player's salary:

The amount of their bid, spread pro rata across all remaining guaranteed years of the player's contract
    All non-base compensation, such as bonuses
    100% of the player's salary in non-guaranteed seasons

If instead the above player's salary was 100% guaranteed in all three seasons, the minimum bid amount would be $4,200,178 -- the sum of the minimum salaries for a 10+ year veteran for those three seasons.

In order to submit a bid for a partial waiver claim, the bidding team must have cap room equivalent to the portion of their bid that would be charged to team salary in that season, plus the amount of any likely bonuses (see question number 72) for that season. If necessary, teams can create this cap room by waiving non-guaranteed players, but not by making trades. The team must make the cap room available immediately upon being awarded the amnesty claim.

Might be worth a try
    Last edited by jbml; Fri Jul 6th, 2012 at 12:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

johnhollinger John Hollinger
    RT @jrfingerCSN: Sixers source confirms that they will not re-sign Lou Williams

Philly needs a PF and PG now... if only we knew a team that had depth to possibly address both areas of concern via trade, for a team that is now over the cap...

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we have the cap space for Brand even as a partial waiver claim. We'd have to amnesty someone or renounce the TPE I think.. Brand is a good player, but not sure he's a typical 5. We have too many PF's as it is. I'd rather go after a solid SF with any money we have left over after Lowry/Fields, and then get a minimum contract guy for our backup center.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Philly needs a PF and PG now... if only we knew a team that had depth to possibly address both areas of concern via trade, for a team that is now over the cap...
    Are they still over the cap after amnestying Brand?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Are they still over the cap after amnestying Brand?
    If not over, then close to it after signing Hawes and Nick Young

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I don't think we have the cap space for Brand even as a partial waiver claim. We'd have to amnesty someone or renounce the TPE I think.. Brand is a good player, but not sure he's a typical 5. We have too many PF's as it is. I'd rather go after a solid SF with any money we have left over after Lowry/Fields, and then get a minimum contract guy for our backup center.
    It is going to be tight for sure. The minimum bid is the veteran's minimum. What would he be worth at the trade deadline?

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Clippers got Billups for just over $2 mil last year, if we could do that with Brand that'd be HUGE.

Imagine him here for a year, strong down low presence, not a star but a smart player that could start for us and he'd definitely be able to show JV a thing or two about the NBA game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Not really, I can see a T. Young/Lavoy Allen platoon at PF working pretty well for them.

Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast

Thread Information