Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geo wrote: View Post
    Clips ammneistied ryan gomes to make room for grant hill..would you guys take him?

He can play the 3/4 and can shoot the 3..i think he is worth a bid
    Yes on min deal.

Comment

• Wouldn't bother since Kleiza is basically the same player
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        Wouldn't bother since Kleiza is basically the same player
        Yup. Healthy Kleiza>Gomes.. IMO

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          Wouldn't bother since Kleiza is basically the same player
          Ya I could be wrong but I think the Olympics will really help kleiza. If he gets better this offseason he'll be much better than Gomes.

Comment

• Just finally being healthy will be huge
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The Toronto Raptors are trying to find a new home for Jose Calderon, but so far no proposed deal has been good enough and the point guard may still be with the team when training camp opens in late September.

Whether they keep Calderon or not, the Toronto Sun reports the Raptors will sign another point guard.

Free agent point guards who remain unsigned and might draw interest from Toronto include Keyon Dooling, John Lucas III, Nate Robinson, Randy Foye, Ronnie Price and Jonny Flynn.

Was on ESPN insider rumours...thoughts?
              Keyon Dooling was really solid backing up Rondo this past season, being Bradley played most minutes at the two.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Dooling sucks
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The Toronto Raptors are trying to find a new home for Jose Calderon, but so far no proposed deal has been good enough and the point guard may still be with the team when training camp opens in late September.

Whether they keep Calderon or not, the Toronto Sun reports the Raptors will sign another point guard.

Free agent point guards who remain unsigned and might draw interest from Toronto include Keyon Dooling, John Lucas III, Nate Robinson, Randy Foye, Ronnie Price and Jonny Flynn.

Was on ESPN insider rumours...thoughts?
                  Flynn and Foye are really the only two that appeal. Since they have Lucas now, I am not sure if they make a move now, doing so would indicate to other teams that Jose is going to be gone before the season starts, I think BC wants to keep him until the trade deadline and have someone overpay for him.
                  @RavNation

Comment

• poor nate robinson eh. just can't get away from me ball or doesn't have the skills to get away from it and can't get picked up by anyone.

for those who haven't seen lucas play, he is pretty similar to nate without the dunks, of course, but he definitely passes about the same amount. that kid gets the ball, and there is a wormhole right at the basket and it's all he sees.

Comment

• I was going to talk about Kryptonate... How ‘bout him if Jose gets traded?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        I was going to talk about Kryptonate... How ‘bout him if Jose gets traded?
                        I want nothing to do with Nate. A shooting guard in even BARELY a point guard's body..

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          I want nothing to do with Nate. A shooting guard in even BARELY a point guard's body..
                          The only reason why I would want Nate is his energy off the bench. He might not be an amazing player and he might be undersized for his position, but that guy is pretty damn entertaining. He seems to have the unique ability to get the whole stadium crowd get into and put some energy into the crowd. Other than that, he can't really do anything else.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                            The only reason why I would want Nate is his energy off the bench. He might not be an amazing player and he might be undersized for his position, but that guy is pretty damn entertaining. He seems to have the unique ability to get the whole stadium crowd get into and put some energy into the crowd. Other than that, he can't really do anything else.
                            Well, he's a really good scorer, he's quick, his leaping abilities are amazing, he can shoot, and can be able to run the point (4.5 assists on 23 minutes last season if I remember). And he's not a bad defender. Plus he has high energy, high caracter guy. I say give him a one year contract with the remaining of the cap space with a team option.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              Well, he's a really good scorer, he's quick, his leaping abilities are amazing, he can shoot, and can be able to run the point (4.5 assists on 23 minutes last season if I remember). And he's not a bad defender. Plus he has high energy, high caracter guy. I say give him a one year contract with the remaining of the cap space with a team option.
                              He was never under control when he was out there, he couldn't calm down in terms of on the court. I poor mans, undersized Russel Westbrook.

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                              The only way I would ever have Nate is once Lowry, or whatever the situation in the future may be, equals to an elite point guard, one where you don't have to worry about being able to run an offense easy. Nate is a turnover waiting to happen, there's a reason why he plays spot minutes, to be a spark-plug, over time he'll lose control of his game and will become shot happy.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                Not that I don't see where you're going with this. But, your explanation is way too broad.

"A sg in barely a pg's body"!?

Isn't that what Iverson was? how 'bout spudd webb? The list goes on.

I'm giving you the benefit of strengthening your argument because I'm on your side.
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X