Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• koncept wrote: View Post
    Bargs has great quickness, I'm thinking Kleiza at the 1, Bargs at the 2, Ed Davis 3, AJohnson 4, Gray 5.
    amir at the 4? are you crazy?

Comment

• Lol please guys show me a real answer...

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        we could go big with jj at the point dd at the 2 bargs davis bigv
        lol james johnson isn't magic johnson bro. He cant handle the rock that well and he made a lot of stupid passes last night

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          Lol please guys show me a real answer...
          If Bargnani was the answer at the 3, believe me, the coaching staff would have already had the guy playing there. However, the matter of the fact is that he can't play the 3 because most wings would blow right past him. Bargnani doesn't have the footspeed to keep up. The club tried him at the 3 years ago and he wasn't comfortable there.

The answer right now is James Johnson.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
            If Bargnani was the answer at the 3, believe me, the coaching staff would have already had the guy playing there. However, the matter of the fact is that he can't play the 3 because most wings would blow right past him. Bargnani doesn't have the footspeed to keep up. The club tried him at the 3 years ago and he wasn't comfortable there.

The answer right now is James Johnson.
            Thanks for your answer. But if we get Anthony Davis, considering we also have Valanciunas coming, what would you do with Bargnani?

Comment

Thanks for your answer. But if we get Anthony Davis, considering we also have Valanciunas coming, what would you do with Bargnani?
              You can explore trading him - or you can keep him. A guy who is 7-feet, 250 lbs, has a solid inside-out game and averages 20 ppg and averages about 10 million a season? I don't think there will be a shortage of suitors. However, neither Davis nor Valancuinas have proved anything at the NBA level. The deal for Bargnani would have to be for a wing - and it would have to be for a solid wing.

Comment

• http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...-Anthony-Davis Take a look a this and tell me what you think!

Comment

Back when Bargnani was only playing one end of the floor, a lot of the talk was that he would be a great bench big 6th man for a contending team. WHY doesn't anyone think he could be the same here. If Davis comes in and establishes himself as a starting caliber then JVal, AD starting with Bargnani off the bench! I understand the argument that Bargnani would return more in a trade, and have made the SAME argument, however if we can utilize our cap space and assets and gain a Kabongo as well in the draft, and sign/trade for a decent wing I am more than happy next year with:

PG: JCalderon, GDragic (FA?), MKabongo
                  SG: DDerozan, Forbes, FA-WING
                  SF: JJ, FA-WING, LKleiza
                  PF: ADavis, ABargnani, Amir/ED
                  C: JVal, AGray

This is where Batum would be great since he could play time at the 2 or 3, but the big man depth is great.

Comment

• Bargnani is too talented to be a bench player. Which is why i would trade him to a western conference team if we get AD.

Comment

• The only FA we might have a shot at is Nash. But even with that being said, I think he'll either re-up in Phoenix or sign on to play with his BFF in Dallas. We should be saving cap space for next year's FA group.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        The only FA we might have a shot at is Nash. But even with that being said, I think he'll either re-up in Phoenix or sign on to play with his BFF in Dallas. We should be saving cap space for next year's FA group.
                        The time to spend money is this summer if free agency is a big part of the master plan.

Any cap space next year will be spent on re-signing DD (or letting him walk for nothing) and JJ (or letting him walk for nothing) first.

Comment

• Goran Dragic

Hope the Raptors get him this summer Raptors have alot of money to spend this offseason + Daron willaims is not a realistic PG options + No good PGs in the draft that we can target with our pick + Huston already has a decent PG in Lowry.

He's a tough, gritty PG who can use his speed in the open floor AND in the half court set. Not a bad set shooter either, and has some underrated passing skills. He's really stepped in nicely for Lowry since he's went down with some type of STD (joke).

Comment

• Dragic is a solid player, but would he really be any different than Calderon? numbers are pretty similar and Dragic isn't going to get much better in all likelihood, he'd be a nice pickup but wouldn't improve the Raptors from where they are now in my opinion

Comment

• In Phoenix he appeared to be the perfect backup,he was good in transition,he hit some clutch shots,he wasnt a great defender,but he was perky & relentless,has good size....So why did the Suns trade him? Did they feel he was an overachiever,that was only playing well becuz of their system? That couldnt be the reason,becuz he's still doing the same thing in Houston..

As a fan seeing how successful he was in limited minutes in Phoenix and Houston,i have to say alot teams should go after him..There was a rumor during the trade deadline, that the Lakers were trying to get him....

Comment

• GP MPG FG% RPG APG BLKPG STPG PFPG PPG
                                10 36.3 .514 3.7 8.8 0.1 1.8 3.2 16.7

Last 10 games he's played

Comment

Working...
                                X