Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    he's just way past his prime. he didn't even play in the nba last season, which is puzzling if he's such a good commodity. he's just looking for a payday at this point, and while i don't blame him (C.R.E.A.M.) thats not whats in our best interests. the last i remember watching him he was pretty meh offensively. i'd rather WAY overpay for Batum or Chandler than spend 7-8 mil for a declining 30 year old with career averages of 12 and 5.
    I already explained why he didn't play in the nba; it's got absolutely nothing to do with nobody wanting him on their team (except maybe not for the money he wanted).

Comment

• which is a pretty big thing?
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
        If we get Ilyasova, I would be a happy camper. Anything else we do would be gravy.
        where would we play him? don't think he could play the 3

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Don't forget he has the tools to play solid D as well - quick, strong, and long wingspan.
          Don't forget he's also got experience at an NBA level.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            My only concern with Ivan Drago is his proneness to injury. All other things considered, he seems like a good fit.
            I must crush you!!!
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
              I must crush you!!!
              *break
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Ok, now I go back to lab and scientist inject more stare oid!

Comment

• If you are going to get another SF, at least get 1 that is a starter & a major improvement over 3+ that you have (JJ, Anderson & Kleiza). Same goes for PF. IMO, only Batum, G Wallace & AK47 would be an improvement possibly worth taking (Ersan's D would be a step back. Remember we still have Bargs at 4, 19 year old JV at centar & so-so D at 1 & 2).
                  I might be interested in Mayo or hold your breath James Harden. OKC already has 2 max guys. They MAY add 1 more next year -likely choice between Ibaka & Harden. Guess what -bigs are harder to find. How is this: DD plus our first this or next year for Harden. I firmly believe outside 3 or 4 teams -teams will not want to exceed cap (even Cuban let several key pieces go rather than pay. I know he is hoping to get Deron, but lets be realistic -I think we have as much chance of landing Deron as Dalas does).

Comment

• Green was also looking at 8-10 mil per year (comparable to Wallace, W Chandler, Batum or AK47). With his heart situation is he that much better than others to justify the risk?

Comment

• I think it is more that Memphis has no interest in paying him 6.5 mil next year. Way too much money tied in 4-5 guys. Besides at 6.5 mil what is wrong with him starting & DD 6th man -better looks as he would be playing other team's 2nd unit. You can also play small ball with Jared, DD, Mayo JJ & Bargs. Quick team & lots of offence (nice if you are behind in 4th).

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Don't forget he has the tools to play solid D as well - quick, strong, and long wingspan.
                        That's the thing about D though -- lots of people have the tools to be good defenders, not many are actually good defenders. I think Derozan is an ironic case in point there.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          where would we play him? don't think he could play the 3
                          I really think you don't know Ersan Ilysova is. Google is a helluva tool. As is youtube.

Comment

• Another thing people have to consider: No one really wants to come here, so brass is tough to have to severely overpay to get guys to come here.
                            Batum said he'd never want to play for the Raptors, so we're going to have to pay at least 11-12 million per. At least. Mayo isn't going to come here for the MLE. It"s gonna take at least 7-8 million. Some guys around here are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              Another thing people have to consider: No one really wants to come here, so brass is tough to have to severely overpay to get guys to come here.
                              Batum said he'd never want to play for the Raptors, so we're going to have to pay at least 11-12 million per. At least. Mayo isn't going to come here for the MLE. It"s gonna take at least 7-8 million. Some guys around here are setting themselves up for disappointment.
                              i would gladly give mayo 5 and 40 if he would come play at our house.

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                                That's the thing about D though -- lots of people have the tools to be good defenders, not many are actually good defenders. I think Derozan is an ironic case in point there.
                                Good point.

But it is better to have the tools than not.

I think Beal will be a good defender in time. He is a player.

Comment

Working...
                                X