Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Wow. Some of the comments in that link are just mean.

AI 2-3 years ago would have been great. I wouldn't go after him now. His game is more built on his athletic abilities and given his age and when the current group are hitting their peak, he'll be well past.

I'd take a pass on AI.
    He is a very sound defensive player. I think he doesn't solely rely on his athleticism and wouldn't mind to have him here .... for less money.

I also don't mind him publicly calling out a teammate who continues to refuse to spend a lot of energy on the defensive end, making it almost impossible for the team to win in the play-offs and making AI's job an almost futile one. As Casey always says: "Effort on D or gtfo."

Comment

• Haha yeah I remember him saying that at the presser
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        Haha yeah I remember him saying that at the presser
        I like him but pass at this time.

Comment

• Hi guys, I know this is total speculation, but let's say this is our roster after the draft, some trades and FA signing.

Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire
          Okafor/Davis
          Barnes/Johnson
          DeRozan/Forbes/Weems
          Harris/Dragic/Rookie

To complete that roster, would you rather bring back Reggie Evans or bring in Andrei Kirilenko?

Thanks y'all.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            Hi guys, I know this is total speculation, but let's say this is our roster after the draft, some trades and FA signing.

Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire
            Okafor/Davis
            Barnes/Johnson
            DeRozan/Forbes/Weems
            Harris/Dragic/Rookie

To complete that roster, would you rather bring back Reggie Evans or bring in Andrei Kirilenko?

Thanks y'all.
            did we trade bargs for okafor?
            and calderon for harris?

Comment

• Yes Sir. But forget it, I think I'd rather keep Kleiza. Anyway, end of the topic, act as I never posted that sh*t.

Comment

• What would u guys be willing to throw at ilyasova? He's an ufa and has been beasting the stat sheet since bogut went down. Haven't seen too many bucks games so can't comment on his D but if Casey can get drea to focus at that end ersan shouldn't be an issue.
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• An all euro front court would be interesting to say the least. JV/AB/EI...3 seven foot white guys causing announcers around the league to shake in fear at the prospect of a vala/bargs/illy sequence
                  LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• no thanks. We already have a log jam at the 4

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      no thanks. We already have a log jam at the 4
                      Ersan is skilled enough to play the 3 though. But I'm not too big on tweeners.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Ilyasova plays the 3 a lot and he's much, much better than Amir or Ed @ the four so I don't see the log jam as being an issue.
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          Ersan is skilled enough to play the 3 though. But I'm not too big on tweeners.
                          What if we draft a wing? then this is out of question. I think BC will go after a Vet like brand and trade one of ed or amir

Comment

• Brand?? Are you serious? EB is done, stick a fork in him. He was never a great defender but his length and athletisicm let him cover that up with blocks n steals. Without any hops he's very exposed plus he's injury prone and old. His salary and PT demands on a rebuilding team will be detrimental to say the least. He could still benefit a contender but for the raps? No way.

Ersan would fit in in so many (youth, activity level, experience, skill set etc) ways and is already better than any rookie wing is going to be next year. I think he's worth 7-8/year at his current rate but is still pretty inconsistent. When he's on he puts up crazy numbers though.
                            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• minks77 wrote: View Post
                              Brand?? Are you serious? EB is done, stick a fork in him. He was never a great defender but his length and athletisicm let him cover that up with blocks n steals. Without any hops he's very exposed plus he's injury prone and old. His salary and PT demands on a rebuilding team will be detrimental to say the least. He could still benefit a contender but for the raps? No way.

Ersan would fit in in so many (youth, activity level, experience, skill set etc) ways and is already better than any rookie wing is going to be next year. I think he's worth 7-8/year at his current rate but is still pretty inconsistent. When he's on he puts up crazy numbers though.
                              He's a veteran Presence. Bargnani is basically a much much better version of Ilyasova so no thank you. I'm not a fan of Ilyasova

Comment

• If the Raptors desire Batum then they'll have to strike hard and early to have any shot at signing him.

There is also the possibility of acquiring talent via the trade route, including sign-and-trade options with all of their current roster players who will become free agents.

Batum seems likely to command a contract in the neighborhood of $9 million per season.

"Right now, our plan is to retain him," Miller says. "Hopefully, (another team) doesn't make him a crazy offer."

Hickson has played well enough to earn an offer from Portland, too -- perhaps in the $5 million-per-year range.

"J.J. has shown some good things in his short time with us," Miller says. "We'll see what his situation works out to be."

The Blazers would like to take care of free-agent acquisitions before getting to the contracts of Batum and Hickson.

"We'd like to spend our cap room first," Buchanan says. "Then you can go over (the cap) to re-sign your own guys."

http://portlandtribune.com/sports/st...18143401359700

Comment

Working...
                                X