Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If the Raptors desire Batum then they'll have to strike hard and early to have any shot at signing him.
    hopefully portland ties themselves up in the mentioned use of their own cap space first so our 9-10 offer for batum is 18-20 for them.

Comment

• You guys are a bit nuts with Batum.
      You act as if he's LBJ, I don't see Colangelo and co. going hard after him.

Why would you want to throw like 50 or 60 mill. at Batum, when you can draft a guy with possibly more potential for a ninth of the price.

Doesn't minny have a bit of a log jam at SF?why not throw something their way and see if you get any nibbles?
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
        You guys are a bit nuts with Batum.

Why would you want to throw like 50 or 60 mill. at Batum, when you can draft a guy with possibly more potential for a ninth of the price.

Doesn't minny have a bit of a log jam at SF?why not throw something their way and see if you get any nibbles?
        pretty sure free agency happens after the draft with no guarentees we get, mkg? is that who you are comparing him to? if so i am all for mkg and not batum but if we don't get mkg a player like batum at 5 for 45-50 isn't a bad deal at all. i would actually be happy that someone else paid for the development of a player and we took them instead of vice versa.

from the wolves i had suggested beasley in another thread and got shut down by a bunch of fellow republicans. just today i was reading that he was kevin durants best friend. i actually think him on the thunder might be able to help him get his shit together.

Comment

You guys are a bit nuts with Batum.

No way I'd throw 12-15M per year at Batum. He will command $9-10 easily though based recent contracts.

The log jam in MIN is cleared after this year. Beasley is gone.

And no, Bealey is not and should not be an option in free agency.

Comment

• Fool's gold or the real deal?

27. I can't believe I haven't mentioned Goran Dragic's epic free agency run yet! Thrust into Houston's starting lineup with Kyle Lowry sidelined, Dragic morphed into a delightful cross between Steve Nash, Manu Ginobili and Tiny Archibald and helped keep Houston's playoff hopes glimmering. In 20 games as a starter, he's averaging 18.2 points and 8.7 assists with 50/42/84 shooting splits, and that doesn't even tell the whole story because he's a killer at the end of games. According to 82games.com, he's shooting a sizzling 70 percent in crunch time. Seventy percent!!!!

Given that he's only 25, what's Dragic worth on the open market to a team with cap space like Portland, Indiana, Toronto or Dallas? Or would Houston be better off re-signing Dragic, then dealing Lowry with their two first-rounders (theirs and New York's) and/or Kevin Martin/Luis Scola for a proven All-Star like LaMarcus Aldridge, Chris Bosh or (in the irony of ironies) Pau Gasol? And by the way, shouldn't we mention that Dragic (a throw-in for the vetoed L.A./N.O./Houston three-teamer) is now more valuable than anyone in that trade except for Chris Paul and Eric Gordon (the prize of New Orleans's eventual haul for Chris Paul)? You gotta love the NBA! There can't be a weirder sport. There just can't.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-miami-madness

What do you think?

Is Dragic a team's saviour at PG or the most regretted 2012 free agent signing to be?

Comment

• I think Dragic could be either, depending on the team he goes to. If he signed with the Raps then I don't think he'd a bust; he would give the team a lot of what it needs in the backcourt. Given his lack of 3 point shooting he's not an ideal fit beside DeRozan and Johnson, but he should mesh well with a Bargs/Val frountcourt. He's also not just a flash in the pan at the end of the season: he's posted a PER of 18 and a WS/48 of .143 over 1500 minutes this year. Those two numbers are better by a hair than anyone on the Raps this season. The catch is that it's not much better than Bayless' numbers, so how much you pay for Dragic when you have the option of simply matching a Bayless offer would be the main determining factor.

Comment

What do you think?

Is Dragic a team's saviour at PG or the most regretted 2012 free agent signing to be?
                I would say we would need a closer look, and even then proceed with caution.
                If we can sign him to a decent deal then yes, but definitely do not oversign him.
                Only management knows how much they should be spending on him

Comment

• Dragic is Ricky Rubio with a clutch jumper.

Raps need to sign this dude, he's reminds me of Drazen.
                  NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• could have used some more seasoning under nash if you ask me.

I don't dig him. He was pretty dec in phoenix though.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

What do you think?

"Regret"?

The only way that would be is if there is a character flaw with him and he pulls a Hedo after signing a big deal. A little due diligence should clear that up. The guy obviously has talent and is entering his prime.

On the Bosh trade comment in the article...lol. A trade is a distinct possibility if the Heat dont win it this year. It'll be because of their lack of a true pg and big man and of course their bench. The Bulls keep showing them this each time they play. Boy, does Houston have assets!

Comment

• If we are trading Calderon (which I am opposed to) we have to go for Dragic or Nash. Nash would be better IMO as we might end up drafting Kabongo in the 2013 draft.

Comment

could have used some more seasoning under nash if you ask me.

I don't dig him. He was pretty dec in phoenix though.
                          I don't see why you're even on this forum. You constantly bash other users ideas, and believe you're the most intelligent being on this planet. If you believe you're so smart, go be the GM and make some executive decisions. Dragic and Batum look like fantastic players, and if we did manage to get MKG like you want, we would definitely make the playoffs next year. Prolly have to amnesty Kleiza though.

Calderon/Dragic/Myck
                          Batum/Derozan/Forbes
                          MKG/JJ/FA Wing
                          Bargs/Amir/Ed
                          Jonas/Gray

Comment

• stefan5301 wrote: View Post
                            I don't see why you're even on this forum. You constantly bash other users ideas, and believe you're the most intelligent being on this planet. If you believe you're so smart, go be the GM and make some executive decisions. Dragic and Batum look like fantastic players, and if we did manage to get MKG like you want, we would definitely make the playoffs next year. Prolly have to amnesty Kleiza though.

Calderon/Dragic/Myck
                            Batum/Derozan/Forbes
                            MKG/JJ/FA Wing
                            Bargs/Amir/Ed
                            Jonas/Gray

agree with most except i am the most intelligent being on the forum. best to let the admin and mods deal with the trolls. don't feed the flames. read between the lines and there is usually a point in there somewhere.

Comment

• stefan5301 wrote: View Post

Calderon/Dragic/Myck
                              Batum/Derozan/Forbes
                              MKG/JJ/FA Wing
                              Bargs/Amir/Ed
                              Jonas/Gray
                              I don't see how that was offending to anyone.

Maybe, I misread, but, I'm pretty sure Matt was asking everyone their feelings on Dragic and I was expressing mine like everyone else. I even said "if you ask me."

To the guy who said I'm a troll or trolling. Consider the amount of posts I have and how long I've been on this forum. You really think I would have been on here for as long as I have if I was trolling?

I don't really care what you think about me. But, just think before you speak.

Comment

• One more thing and maybe someone else can confirm this. I haven't said anything about MKG, I only found out today that stood for Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

I honestly know nothing about that guy but his name. I don't even watch college sports for god sakes.

The only thing I've said about the draft is that the raps shouldn't draft a PF.

Comment

Working...
                                X