Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    Ugh 10 is way too much for a SF that can't create his own shot
    You're entitled to your own opinion as do everyone in this forum. I have watched a few times over the past two years and I think that he is a good player. Like 8 to 9 mil per year good. Of course, my man-crush on Batum cannot be more obvious. The intangibles for me at the 3 position is the ability to defend and shoot the three rock. Chandler can shoot but his defense is not as good as Batum's IMO.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      i want chandler on the team. even if you had to amnesty kleiza. chandler would be a great pickup for our team. might be able to jettison some players for garbage to make room.

i think we could even release butler and pay him over 2 years to free up some money and not waste the amnesty. do the same thing with magloire or forbes.

also just thought that if he comes back after we have traded leandro away from picks if possible we could have some extra cash
      Considering JVs arrival in 2012, it would be a stretch to amnesty Kleiza. His contract is not exorbitant and his knee is getting better. A fellow Lithuanian that knows the North American culture will prove to be valuable to JVs growth if Kleiza can provide it. I don't understand this need to amnesty a perfectly good, serviceable player.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

DJ Augustine makes my pants wet. I meant that figuratively of course.

Comment

Nicolas Batum

So I know this has been discussed already on this board, but now that he officially did not sign an extension :

# Do you try to sign him ?
          # How much do you give him ?
          # What kind of stats/achievements do you expect from him on this team ?

Comment

again, i am all about wilson chandler for sf and i do not want batum on the team. but if he were signed (he is restricted so you are over paying or it is getting matched) it should be somewhere between 6-8 a year. i just looked and he is getting 24 minutes a game with a much more talented team so i would be surprised if anything other than his scoring went up on our team. it is hard to say with portland because they are a deep team though.

Comment

Considering Gallinari got 10 million, it's seems excessive. But Batum would definitely complement any team very well. I'd wait and see how the draft goes.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                Considering JVs arrival in 2012, it would be a stretch to amnesty Kleiza. His contract is not exorbitant and his knee is getting better. A fellow Lithuanian that knows the North American culture will prove to be valuable to JVs growth if Kleiza can provide it. I don't understand this need to amnesty a perfectly good, serviceable player.
                just throwing out a scenario on how to get my man. watching him smash the cba players gave me a woody for him. i also don't think they will let klieza go when he will help bigvs transition over the pond. purely hypotheticals

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                  Considering Gallinari got 10 million, it's seems excessive. But Batum would definitely complement any team very well. I'd wait and see how the draft goes.
                  It would be interesting to see what Batum would do given the opportunity Gallinari has had in Denver.

Marvin Williams $7.5M
                  Travis Outlaw $7M
                  Thad Young $8.5M
                  Arron Afflalo $7.5M
                  Danillo Gallinari $10M
                  Shawn Marion $8M
                  Tayshaun Prince $7M
                  Caron Butler $8M
                  Trevor Ariza $7M
                  Turkeyglue $10M
                  Grant Hill $6.5M
                  John Salmons $8M
                  Richard Jefferson $9.5M
                  Looking around at the other contracts to wings in the leauge and considering the fact he is a restricted free agent, if the Raps really want him I think $9-10M will be the price.

Comment

anyone else see a restricted free agent pattern happening. it seems like the teams are not extending and using some of their own leverage right now. some players, like love, etc really need to be kept happy and paid but the fringe players are all going to have to find someone to overpay them or take the rookie scale pay increase. i think its a great way to try to keep salaries down. as long as the teams stick to their guns.

and on a side note i would love to see a team like los angeles get howard sign him to an extension and then trade him right away for an entire team. that would put the players back in their places.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      anyone else see a restricted free agent pattern happening. it seems like the teams are not extending and using some of their own leverage right now. some players, like love, etc really need to be kept happy and paid but the fringe players are all going to have to find someone to overpay them or take the rookie scale pay increase. i think its a great way to try to keep salaries down. as long as the teams stick to their guns.

and on a side note i would love to see a team like los angeles get howard sign him to an extension and then trade him right away for an entire team. that would put the players back in their places.
                      The new CBA has significantly increased the qualifying offer for restricted free agents. Also, once they play out the qualifying year they become unrestricted free agents. If a team truly wants a player as part of the future, they will find a deal.

David Lee is a good example of a player who got showed no love when it came to contract talks, played out the qualifying offer and became unrestricted signing a huge deal with GSW. Ray Felton did the same in Charlotte.

Comment

• Chandler over Batum all day, everyday in my books. I think Chandler is an underrated defender having played for D'Antoni to start his career.

Comment

• My guess is that the Blazers will trade Batum before the deadline. Someone somewhere will want to overpay him, and they will have to choose between overpaying him or letting him go for nothing. The guy is not a superstar, but he is versatile and doesn't have any real weakness, apart from inconsistency (which might get better with experience).

So he can bring them some nice assets through trade, and as high as they are on him, i believe they can't take this risk.

Comment

• No to $40M.

Batum's career to date doesn't warrant $10M/yr. His upside doesn't warrant $10M/yr. Matt had asked me a while ago, maybe in this thread or maybe another, what I thought was fair and I think I said around $7.5M/yr. I think that holds true. I think that Raptors should get in on the bidding action but there are other players out there and they don't need to be in a bidding war for him. A bidding war is the only way he gets $40 over four years.

It's funny that we're even talking about $10M/yr as I read countless posts in here about how a seven footer who posts 24PPG and 6 boards isn't even worth $10M/yr.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Batum's career to date doesn't warrant $10M/yr. His upside doesn't warrant $10M/yr. Matt had asked me a while ago, maybe in this thread or maybe another, what I thought was fair and I think I said around $7.5M/yr. I think that holds true. I think that Raptors should get in on the bidding action but there are other players out there and they don't need to be in a bidding war for him. A bidding war is the only way he gets $40 over four years.

It's funny that we're even talking about $10M/yr as I read countless posts in here about how a seven footer who posts 24PPG and 6 boards isn't even worth $10M/yr.
                              Given the contracts around the league, I think $7.5 is very fair. The problem is Portland probably feels the same and would match. I agree he is not worth the $9-10M, it is just what I think it would take to get him.

I would like to see the Raptors clear a few million off their books before the trade deadline and sign RFA Wilson Chandler to a contract Denver would not match. I think 4 years and $6.5-7M might do it.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                I would like to see the Raptors clear a few million off their books before the trade deadline and sign RFA Wilson Chandler to a contract Denver would not match. I think 4 years and $6.5-7M might do it.
                                That's a good idea as almost the entire league would be out of the running. The only problem I see with that is the most the Raptors can give him is a four year deal. He might do the math and come to the conclusion that he's better off to sign for the vet minimum with a contender for the rest of the season and then sign a four year deal in the off-season. That way he locks up a lot more guaranteed money.

Comment

Working...
                                X