X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Is JL3 official yet?
    I don't think so.

Last I heard they were waiting on JJ to pass physical with SAC. Must have happened because they announced his new # is 52.
    Sign JL3 in cap space.
    Sign Andersen and Magloire to minimum deals.
    Use Room exception to sign Gray.

Above is just my thoughts/speculation.

I'm sure the only 2 players who have been given definites have been JL3 and Gray. I would imagine they are holding off signing them as long as possible so if a couple of million in cap space makes the difference in a trade going down or not, they have the space to make it happen.

With the Calderon situation I'd imagine AA and JM have been told something like, "We intend on signing you but need to let the Calderon situation play out before we make any deals."

Comment

• Bam

John Lucas III ‏@Luke1luk

Headed to Toronto 2morrow to finalize becoming a Raptor!. I know there's nothing like a Bulls fan, but Raptor fans I hear your close, I'm
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• employee wrote: View Post
        bam
        yes!
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Why has the Swirsk not said anything yet? Probably eating his onions.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            Why has the Swirsk not said anything yet? Probably eating his onions.
            lol

Comment

Why has the Swirsk not said anything yet? Probably eating his onions.
              I did see a tweet from swisky to Lucas saying he's gonna have to switch from Arby's to Tim's.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Raptors current roster:

PG: Lowry, Calderon, JL3
                SG: DD, TR
                SF: Fields, Kleiza
                PF: Bargnani, Amir, ED, Acy
                C: JV

http://www.hoopsworld.com/toronto-raptors-team-salary

12 players under contract. Gray, Magloire, Andersen is 15.

Anyone in the list that would appeal?
                Raps only have $1.2M in cap space, $2.5M room exception, and minimum contracts to offer.

I like Ronnie Brewer. Can play 2/3, would be a defensive stopper, and could kick the poop out of DD and TR in practice. I don't think he will happen though.
                Derek Fisher bringing veteran experience I would like on this team, but signing JL3 makes it a no.

Carlos Delfino anyone?! The guy played great for the Bucks! Always killed us when we played Milwaukee!

Mehmet Okur. Veteran, stretch, face-up big man. Good post defender, good size.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I have always liked Delfino...maybe inconsistent on offense sometimes but had a decent allround game...a good depth player. He would do really well on a good team like the Spurs. He'll cost too much at this stage of our cap position.

Comment

I have always liked Delfino......
                    I liked him as well. I thought he was a good defender. I think he wound up suffering from the curse of the Raptors roster...thinking he deserved more playing time then he was getting because he looked better than he actually was while playing on a poor team.

Comment

• I like Delfino but one of the reasons BC had to trade him was he refused to come back to play with the Raptors. Don't see him choosing to come back now.

Comment

• http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012...sct=nba_bf2_a8

Great article from SI (even with the justifiable dig at AB). Sound like any team we know? Where did they find that gm?

Comment

• Denver has done a great job with the guys they bring in but much like the Spurs what makes those players go from good to great is their head coach. Jevale McGee was like a new man under George Karl, and unbelievably worth the 11 mil a year he's getting, and the same goes for a handful of other players on that team over the years.

Comment

• without george carl that team would be worse than the raptors last season. Thats how much of an impact george carl has on that team

Comment

• But he couldn't get Melo to play defense!!

Comment

But he couldn't get Melo to play defense!!
                                Denver was still an elite team with melo. A million times better than the knicks

Comment

Working...
                                X