Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't mind giving up some assets to get Lowry, but I'd rather not giveup this year's lottery pick. However, if the Raps stay at #8, it might not be a bad idea to swap it for Houston's 2 lower 1st round picks. The Raps could conceivably come away with a pair of players like Marshall and a wing, in addition to Lowry. In that scenario, Calderon immediately becomes a trade chip.
    Did I read that right?.....the 8th for Lowry plus their 2 first rounders? No way Morey does that. He apparently considered Lowry near untouchable at last trade deadline (in a deal with LAL). Parting with him is a kick in the nuts to his plans but he can resign Dragic as a FA but I think you ask a high price especially in this draft. One just needs to ask themselves who could possibly available at 8 who would guarantee being a starter day 1...and a productive one. Lowry is that, he is young and he has cut his teeth already in the NBA. Just a allround solid player and he has growth left in his game...imo.

Comment

• Just a thought, any chance a trade like this could happen?
      http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7yqrw8h

I know Calderon is less likely to go if Gasol is gone, but the Lakers have liked him for some time now.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        Did I read that right?.....the 8th for Lowry plus their 2 first rounders? No way Morey does that. He apparently considered Lowry near untouchable at last trade deadline (in a deal with LAL). Parting with him is a kick in the nuts to his plans but he can resign Dragic as a FA but I think you ask a high price especially in this draft. One just needs to ask themselves who could possibly available at 8 who would guarantee being a starter day 1...and a productive one. Lowry is that, he is young and he has cut his teeth already in the NBA. Just a allround solid player and he has growth left in his game...imo.
        What I understand a trade for Lowry involving some of our pieces, and then trade first round picks as an extra incentive.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          I assumed other assets would be involved, not just #8 for Lowry and 2 first rounders.

EDIT: as Hello assumed in his post... or possibly just one of Houstong's 2 first rounders, I was just thinking aloud

Comment

• As a general rule of thumb I'm not a fan of targeting assets that publicly go after their coach and management. It shows a lack of character and professionalism...something I think can go a long way towards putting a quality team on the floor. It shows an immaturity that can be toxic in a young locker room. Talent goes a long way but then again look how many talented players are on the Kings...
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Yeah, I can't say I'm terribly excited about Lowry either. He seems like a bit of a douche.

I would prefer Nash for 2 years.

Comment

• I agree....but I would impose the Dwight Howard exception if by some miracle he wanted to play here.

Comment

• Not making excuses for him, but Mchale has been known to rub players the wrong way, especially guards.

That said, no player should be calling for the coach's job, even if they're crappy.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
                    Just a thought, any chance a trade like this could happen?
                    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7yqrw8h

I know Calderon is less likely to go if Gasol is gone, but the Lakers have liked him for some time now.
                    I would do this, but with Lowry going out and likely before the free agency period, they may want Calderon and his expiring in Houston, especially with Gasol coming in. My thoughts.

ceez wrote: View Post
                    Not making excuses for him, but Mchale has been known to rub players the wrong way, especially guards.

That said, no player should be calling for the coach's job, even if they're crappy.
                    McHale if i recall was lanbasted by many a player, although bigs like to play for him, or at the least want to play for him...not so sure they want to stay afterwards but have not heard over the years one way or another.

Personally I have always seen McHale as a crap coach, and thought Houston made a huge error bringing him in.

Time will tell.

Comment

• In the ideal world our team could do this,

Trade Calderon for Lowry
                      Sign Dan Green
                      Draft Jeremy Lamb
                      Sign Omer Asik
                      Draft Tyshawn Taylor and Alex English
                      And move DDR to the 3

Our team would look like this

PG: Lowry/Bayless/Taylor
                      SG: Green/Lamb/English
                      SF: DeRozan/Kleiza
                      PF: Bargnani/Davis
                      C: Valanciunas/Asik

It could and probably would make the playoffs

Comment

• What happened to Amir ?
                        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                          What happened to Amir ?
                          or JJ & Forbes, for that matter.

Overall a pretty terrible idea, especially when it all starts by assuming a straight-up Calderon/Lowry trade would work.

Comment

• Yes, yes it would

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine#
                              Look an even better trade and possibly team!!!!!!!!
                              Of course it wouldnt work in real life, would it........

Comment

• TOR receives Lowry and Dalembert
                                HOU receives Calderon, Forbes, ED and a 2nd round pick

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7fwh4oj

They get a versatile player in Forbes who can cover the 2 if Courtney Lee doesn't return. They get an upside player in ED and one of the best pure PG in Calderon.

And we get Kyle Lowry. But I'm not sure if that'll enough for them to part with Lowry, well after all I'm not a GM and rightfully so.

Comment

Working...
                                X