Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    That's not "there you go." You said 37% as a starter; is that number wrong or where does it come from?

Now you give two years of his stats and leave out the worst years, including last year. I'd say the last year normally should be the most important so why leave that one out?

The fact is that he is a career below average threepointshooter (even shooting 30% last year) while, during his time in Oklahoma he took over 3,5(!) per game. That's just terrible when you shoot them that bad.
    I left out last year because he was a backup on a new team with a new coach in a new system oriented to defense oh and also his heart was about to rupture
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
      Wait, so you want to trade a 4th year Derozan for another rookie Derozan to teach all over again?
      Well we are a glorified feeder/farm team after all
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        I left out last year because he was a backup on a new team with a new coach in a new system oriented to defense oh and also his heart was about to rupture
        He started 49 games with the Thunder before he was traded. How did his heart condition affect his play?

Comment

• Isnt it usually a degenerative thing? Anyways I'm with Mango, no thanks. Any medical red flag is a automatic no-go for me.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• How 'bout Courtney Lee?

Comment

• if we could manage to wrestle courtney lee and dragic away from houston, get batum or draft barnes or MKG, i'd be one extremely happy camper.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                Wait, so you want to trade a 4th year Derozan for another rookie Derozan to teach all over again?
                Trade a starter who has suspect handles, no outside shot and is about to get a big payday, for a rookie who will be a much cheaper 2nd unit player next season, who's got an excellent long-range shooting stroke? ummmm yes, exactly. AK47 and Mayo would start, allowing Beal to develop on the 2nd unit with lowered expectations and much less pressure, on a rookie-scale contract for the next few years. Absolutely.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Trade a starter who has suspect handles, no outside shot and is about to get a big payday, for a rookie who will be a much cheaper 2nd unit player next season, who's got an excellent long-range shooting stroke? ummmm yes, exactly. AK47 and Mayo would start, allowing Beal to develop on the 2nd unit with lowered expectations and much less pressure, on a rookie-scale contract for the next few years. Absolutely.
                  Plus, it wouldn't be far-fetched to say that Beal (in terms of SG skills) is already more developed than DeRozan. Beal can shoot, pass, dribble, and rebound well.

Comment

• Can we please stop talking about AK47 like its a thing it's making me nauseous.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Plus, it wouldn't be far-fetched to say that Beal (in terms of SG skills) is already more developed than DeRozan. Beal can shoot, pass, dribble, and rebound well.
                      Don't forget he has the tools to play solid D as well - quick, strong, and long wingspan.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        Can we please stop talking about AK47 like its a thing it's making me nauseous.
                        Why no love for AK47? I certainly don't think he's a superstar, but he'd be a veteran with a good work ethic, high bbiq, decent defender and good outside shooter... all of which BC/DC said they were looking for. I wouldn't suggest him as the answer to all the Raptors woes, but I think he would be a decent piece of the puzzle to add, especially if he comes for 2/3 years @ around $7-8M per season. I'm curious why you would disagree...

Comment

• My only concern with Ivan Drago is his proneness to injury. All other things considered, he seems like a good fit.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            Why no love for AK47? I certainly don't think he's a superstar, but he'd be a veteran with a good work ethic, high bbiq, decent defender and good outside shooter... all of which BC/DC said they were looking for. I wouldn't suggest him as the answer to all the Raptors woes, but I think he would be a decent piece of the puzzle to add, especially if he comes for 2/3 years @ around $7-8M per season. I'm curious why you would disagree...
                            he's just way past his prime. he didn't even play in the nba last season, which is puzzling if he's such a good commodity. he's just looking for a payday at this point, and while i don't blame him (C.R.E.A.M.) thats not whats in our best interests. the last i remember watching him he was pretty meh offensively. i'd rather WAY overpay for Batum or Chandler than spend 7-8 mil for a declining 30 year old with career averages of 12 and 5.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Didn't he choose to stay in Russia because of the lockout? I don't think it's an indication of his diminishing skills. It's a similar situation as Wilson Chandler and Sonny Weems.

Comment

• If we get Ilyasova, I would be a happy camper. Anything else we do would be gravy.

Comment

Working...
                                X