Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    If Batum's max is same as Hibbert's, it would be 4yr/$58M ($14.5M per). From what I've ready, Minnesota likely can't offer more than $10M per season.
    AFAIK, in the new CBA, the originating team can offer 5 years. So Indiana can offer 5 years to Hibbert, and Portland can offer 5 years to Batum. So they have leverage that way as well if they don't want to spend $14.5M per.

Comment

• Now thats a surprise. But we dont need more SGs. He'll get a few offers.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Fucking phone....

Means nothing.

Comment

• why would minny?

do they plan
          C:Love
          PFerrick Williams
          SF:Batum
          SG:Wes Johnson
          PG:Rubio

???

that's plausibly in the top 3 lineups on paper.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Fucking phone....

Means nothing.
            ya, i'm sure it was the phone...

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              We all agreed on Danny Green a month ago. I'll send Stefanski a email.
              I wouldn't bother. I am sure he stayed away from the wedding to keep up with RR posts

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                What is max money these days (surely much more than 14 mill as mentioned above)?
                from wikipedia

The maximum amount of money a player can sign for is contingent on the number of years that player has played and the total of the salary cap. The maximum salary of a player with 6 or fewer years of experience is either $9,000,000 or 25% of the total salary cap (2010–11: $14,511,000), whichever is greater. For a player with 7-9 years of experience, the maximum is $11,000,000 or 30% of the cap (2010–11: $17,413,200), and for a player with 10+ years of experience, the maximum is $14,000,000 or 35% of the cap (2010–2011: $20,315,400)

Comment

• Via sportsnet:

Pietrus loves Toronto. Do they love him?

Mickael Pietrus' agent, Bill McCandless, tells Sporting News he got two calls and a text about MP. He has not heard from the #Celtics.
                  “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                  ― John Wooden

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    Portland offering a max deal to hibbert...have to pay aldridge $14 mill this year. Is Batum going to complete their big three? I guess they have a cheap young point guard though. Maybe a front loaded deal would help. Is he worth it?
                    Whoa! Max contract for Hibbert? Well I guess Indiana will begin their return to bottom dweller status once again. On the bright side opportunity for Toronto to sneak into the playoffs is getting better and better.

Comment

• Chris Haynes: I'm being told Minnesota is Nicolas Batum's preferred destination. They have a great shot at coming to terms on an agreement. #Blazers Twitter

Comment

• Portland has like the 2nd richest owner in the league. I think they will match offers for Batum.

Really and truly
                        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• @ JClaw

Thanks.

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                            Portland has like the 2nd richest owner in the league. I think they will match offers for Batum.

Really and truly
                            If it was only about money, I would 100% agree.

Unfortunately, the way the CBA works with regards to time to offer/sign/accept, maneuverability for the remainder of this off-season, and future flexibility, it may not be that simple.

But I 100% agree, if it was just about money, it is a non-issue. Allen opens up his change purse and out falls $60M.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              We all agreed on Danny Green a month ago. I'll send Stefanski a email.
                              If the Raptors could somehow manage a sign and trade with Portland for Batum (I know it is not likely) with DeRozan, JJ, and ED or Amir going out, then use the MLE for Green, that would be a sweet wing rotation: Green, Batum, Ross. All can dribble, shoot, and play D.

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                                Chris Haynes: I'm being told Minnesota is Nicolas Batum's preferred destination. They have a great shot at coming to terms on an agreement. #Blazers Twitter
                                I'm sure his preferred destination is whatever team gives him the biggest contract putting the ball back in Portland's court.

Comment

Working...
                                X