Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickaël Piétrus?

Hey guys what about my man Mike Pietrus?
    I would love to see him on the Raptors and he already mentioned in the past that he would be really open to sign in Toronto.
    And we all know BC really likes the guy.

Thoughts?

And how much money could we offer him? His agent already said that he's not going to play for the veteran's minimum.

Comment

• Not many are in favour, there was a thread discussing him already.. For a 3rs string I wouldn't mind, but we already have Anderson..
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        Not many are in favour, there was a thread discussing him already.. For a 3rs string I wouldn't mind, but we already have Anderson..
        We already have Anderson?

And Pietrus is much better than Anderson.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          Hey guys what about my man Mike Pietrus?
          I would love to see him on the Raptors and he already mentioned in the past that he would be really open to sign in Toronto.
          And we all know BC really likes the guy.

Thoughts?

And how much money could we offer him? His agent already said that he's not going to play for the veteran's minimum.
          Sure if he comes cheap. You can't go wrong with depth.

Comment

• There's better, cheaper players out there.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Sure if he comes cheap. You can't go wrong with depth.
              Oh man, in Europe they used to say that phrase all the time, but we thought they said "you can't go wrong with debt." Geez man, I gotto do something, make some calls. Something went wrong.

Comment

• Calderon and DD to OKC for Maynor and Harden (provided he signs and extension). Would that be a fair trade for both sides? Is it doable? Sorry, my knowledge of how trades work is piss poor.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  Calderon and DD to OKC for Maynor and Harden (provided he signs and extension). Would that be a fair trade for both sides? Is it doable? Sorry, my knowledge of how trades work is piss poor.
                  Definitely not fair for OKC.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    Calderon and DD to OKC for Maynor and Harden (provided he signs and extension). Would that be a fair trade for both sides? Is it doable? Sorry, my knowledge of how trades work is piss poor.
                    I don't believe it would work because OKC does not have the cap space to take on Jose's salary without giving as much back. Both Maynor and Harden are on rookie deals so are not making that much. Conceivably they could use Perkins instead of Maynor but we have enough bigs, and I can't stand Perkins.

Also I see OKC keeping Harden this year, and will probably amnesty/trade Perkins next off season to help them keep both Ibaka and Harden. But some team will offer a max to both Ibaka and Harden, and OKC will have a tough decision to make. I don't see them trading either one of them until this season plays out.

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
                      Definitely not fair for OKC.
                      It seems pretty even to me.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Brandon Rush got resigned by the Warriors for 8 mil over 2 years. That's a hell of a bargain.

Golden State having themselves a hell of a offseason. If everyone stays healthy (huge if) I could see them challenging for a playoff spot.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I like Mehmet Okur at least he does more than rebound like Gray

Comment

• Interesting to note that Barbosa has not signed anywhere and seemingly has drawn almost no interest or news. I guess that would lend credence to why BC couldn't get a high first round pick or a borderline star in a trade for him as some on here think should have happened.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                              Interesting to note that Barbosa has not signed anywhere and seemingly has drawn almost no interest or news. I guess that would lend credence to why BC couldn't get a high first round pick or a borderline star in a trade for him as some on here think should have happened.
                              Man all the whining when he couldn't get top notch talent of lottery picks for Barbosa. People act like all you have to do is want something and the magic trade fairy will make it happen. As if BC isn't trying to get the best value back for anything. If it doesn't happen, it is not likley because BC didn't try. More likley because he couldn't find a dance partner. All the haters should realize there are reasons that they aren't pulling down the big coin as General Managers. It's because it isn't an easy job. And wanting to get Dwight Howard for a TPE and bag of navel lint doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                Brandon Rush got resigned by the Warriors for 8 mil over 2 years. That's a hell of a bargain.

Golden State having themselves a hell of a offseason. If everyone stays healthy (huge if) I could see them challenging for a playoff spot.
                                Golden State owned his rights though (restricted free agency). Easier to get bargains when you hold the majority of the leverage. If the Raps (or any other team) made that offer or any reasonable offer, it would have been matched guarantteed.
                                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Aug 2, 2012, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X