Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Matt, I think it's far more reasonable to believe I can put a dog collar on the cute neighbor than of your scenario becoming reality.

I think you can do anything you set your mind to. If you can believe it, you can do it. Good luck in your pursuit, Hugmenot. A little inspirational music to help you on your way brought to you by Ray Charles and Elmo:

Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Feb 28, 2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Batum continues to thrive at SG in Portland.

Portland is going through some rough times. There appears to be a movement in the locker room against McMillan among a few vets. Obviously Felton is not going to be back and Camby is not looking like a starter.

They have $41M tied up in 7 players (assuming Wallace and Crawford pick up their $11M and $5M player options) - that does not include money for a starting PG, a starting C, or Batum.

Based on what Batum is doing as a starting SG, I would have NO problem paying him $10-$11M per season. The risk, of course, is will he continue once he gets paid.

Comment

• hasn't done anything in his career that shows he wouldn't. he's been consistent, minus when he wasn't getting many minutes earlier this season.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Batum continues to thrive at SG in Portland.

Portland is going through some rough times. There appears to be a movement in the locker room against McMillan among a few vets. Obviously Felton is not going to be back and Camby is not looking like a starter.

They have $41M tied up in 7 players (assuming Wallace and Crawford pick up their $11M and $5M player options) - that does not include money for a starting PG, a starting C, or Batum.

Based on what Batum is doing as a starting SG, I would have NO problem paying him $10-$11M per season. The risk, of course, is will he continue once he gets paid.
          Would you bring in Batum to play the 2? If so, does that make DeRozan expendable?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Would you bring in Batum to play the 2? If so, does that make DeRozan expendable?
            I think so. I would look to see what he could return or put him as part of a larger deal.

What strikes me most about Batum (besides the blocks and steals he contributes as well as his exceptionally low OppPER) is his shooting percentages. He is a very efficient scorer and a threat anywhere on the court.

Comment

• If Batum maintains his level of play that he's been rolling at over the past couple weeks he'll be looking at $10M/yr. Maybe the Raptors work a S&T with the Blazers? I ask because I don't know how they can just left Batum walk for any price right now. They have strong ownership so I don't see anyone outbidding them. They can make it work if they keep him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                If Batum maintains his level of play that he's been rolling at over the past couple weeks he'll be looking at $10M/yr. Maybe the Raptors work a S&T with the Blazers? I ask because I don't know how they can just left Batum walk for any price right now.
                If he maintained what he has done the last few weeks, I would happily sign Batum for $10M per.

Comment

• Actually the blazers owner is a notorious cheapskate and monumental asshole
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• if the raps do indeed trade jose before the trade deadline or in the offseason (or amnesty him, i guess) what does everyone think about Eric Maynor? him going down for the season hasn't been quite the blow to the thunder as i thought it was. especially when they drafted raptors republic favorite Reggie Jackson. he's a FA this year and frankly, probably my favorite PG in free agency. he's proven he can start and if we do end up drafting a PG this year, would be a fantastic stop-gap solution for 2-3 years.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      if the raps do indeed trade jose before the trade deadline or in the offseason (or amnesty him, i guess) what does everyone think about Eric Maynor? him going down for the season hasn't been quite the blow to the thunder as i thought it was. especially when they drafted raptors republic favorite Reggie Jackson. he's a FA this year and frankly, probably my favorite PG in free agency. he's proven he can start and if we do end up drafting a PG this year, would be a fantastic stop-gap solution for 2-3 years.
                      I would prefer taking a chance with augustin.
                      I think he still has quite a bit of potential

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        Actually the blazers owner is a notorious cheapskate and monumental asshole
                        Yeah, that's why he extended Roy and Aldridge over five years for a combined total $152M...

Portland also has the 5th highest salary total and their owner is only worth close on to $11B.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        If he maintained what he has done the last few weeks, I would happily sign Batum for $10M per.
                        I don't see how they can demote him to the bench after this.

Comment

• Batum is really struggling the last 4 games. The Blazers really are a mess right now.

Comment

• Jason Jones: Nothing new trade-wise for Kings. Heard they've inquired about availability of Portland SF Nicolas Batum. Not expecting anything yet. Twitter
                            Oh no! Competition this summer!

Comment

• Batum Considered Franchise Player by Blazers

This from ESPN.com Insider:
                              The Blazers are positioning themselves to have tons of cap room this summer and they don't want to do anything to eliminate their space as they try to rebuild around LaMarcus Aldridge and Nicolas Batum.
                              Source: ESPN.com

It goes on to say they're shopping Wallace(documented as hating Toronto, sorry), Felton(being called a cancer and overrated by some Portland media which raises my eyebrow), Camby(too old) and Crawford(no thanks, rumored to be traded to the Wolves).

Comment

• Key player/building piece =/= franchise player

Comment

Working...
                                X