View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

13 33.33%
  • Batum

15 38.46%
  • Mayo

2 5.13%
  • Lin

2 5.13%
  • Lee

1 2.56%
  • Fields

4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

1 2.56%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • L.Williams

0 0%
  • Green

1 2.56%
Page 23 of 80 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2012

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    I hope so too...the only problem is that I don't see why the Grizz would do it. Apparently they tried an OJ for Ray swap this year suggesting they are up for tinkering. Maybe they take on a salary there, give up Gay's salary and use our draft pick. I don't know...it's all hypothetical and based on nothing. Maybe time to lower the sight lines.
    I'm sure a lot of Heisley's decision making will depend on how the Grizz fair this year. If they get bounced in the 1st round, he might be willing to deal Gay (considering they advanced farther a season ago without him).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Deron Williams doesn't resign with the Nets, I see Gerald Wallace opting out. I would LOVE to have him come play for us, he will fit right in with Casey's philosophy, a good rebounder, great defender, and can get to the line.

Gerald Wallace ftw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    If Deron Williams doesn't resign with the Nets, I see Gerald Wallace opting out. I would LOVE to have him come play for us, he will fit right in with Casey's philosophy, a good rebounder, great defender, and can get to the line.

Gerald Wallace ftw.
    Opting out of $11.5 million might be a tough decision to make. Wallace won't be getting that kind of coin with a new contract. He's one bump to the head away from retirement.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Gerald Wallace ftw.
    I'd rather have AK47 - and I really don't want AK47.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gerald Wallace ftw.
    he hates Toronto so it aint happenin

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to focus on the small forward but that seems to be the thought of the day. Check out this list of SF's from TSN's ranking http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=10039 (free agent or not) and let your mind wander as to who might be available if their team was looking to create cap room.

Not saying that I want all of these guys or that they would all fit...but they're small forwards

Granger (already mentioned by Chisolm in his review today)..have to sign Hibbert
    Iggy...phily is remodling on the fly
    rudy gay (there's got to be something wrong with the finances of that team)
    pierce (boston may blow it up)
    marion (freeing up room for williams)...oops, done that
    Tayshaun, Caron...both teams are in flux
    I'll skip number 16
    Batum..everyone here knows him
    And the list goes on from there.

Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

maybe the Matrix but i feel we already have a younger version of him in James Johnson

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Not to focus on the small forward but that seems to be the thought of the day. Check out this list of SF's from TSN's ranking http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=10039 (free agent or not) and let your mind wander as to who might be available if their team was looking to create cap room.

Not saying that I want all of these guys or that they would all fit...but they're small forwards

Granger (already mentioned by Chisolm in his review today)..have to sign Hibbert
    Iggy...phily is remodling on the fly
    rudy gay (there's got to be something wrong with the finances of that team)
    pierce (boston may blow it up)
    marion (freeing up room for williams)...oops, done that
    Tayshaun, Caron...both teams are in flux
    I'll skip number 16
    Batum..everyone here knows him
    And the list goes on from there.

Any thoughts?
    Did anyone notice that their are 30 players there, and 30 teams in the league?
    The raptors are one of only 3 teams (I think) that dont have a player up there.

SA, Houston, Lakers , Chicago and PHX each have two
    Raps, SAC, Charlotte and Minni arent in there.
    Think im missing one or two teams

Post Thanks / Like

Kyle Korver is actually dec in his role, not sure he should be on the list. But, dec.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Opting out of $11.5 million might be a tough decision to make. Wallace won't be getting that kind of coin with a new contract. He's one bump to the head away from retirement.
    I read Wallace will opt out of his deal to look for a longer term contract. Same with Jameer (though i would stay clear)

I would really want to get a good SF on our team. Granger or andre iggy are great targets. Granger is too expensive for them, especially after paul george grew 2 inches to become their new sf, and having to sign all star hibbert to a new contract (which i assume will be around 14 mil, marc gasol contract). Iggy wants out of philly, has been for many years.

For RFA/FA, i would go after wallace or Jeff GReen, not nic Batum. Nic Batum, RFA, would command 8-10 mil, and because he is restricted and portland really likes him there, i would hate to overspend on him. Wallace would be great, hard slasher and great defender. Also Jeff Green, who is a FA this summer after being waived by Boston earlier this year, would be great offensive player for us.

I can't see the draft helping us out unless barnes or beal fall to us. It'll be a good trade bait for those looking for a PF. We can also trade down for kendal marshall, unless his stock increases after the draft combine and workouts and grabbing him with the 8th spot isn't a huge reach

Post Thanks / Like

how many highly productive years does Iggy have? I'd like to have him around here

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'd rather have AK47 - and I really don't want AK47.
    I think AK47 will be the guy. It will probably happen b4 july 1st.
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Barf

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Barf
    double barf

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A good vet that guards his position and good all-around player. Don't be a surprise if his the starting 3 next year. BC and DC both believe that DD, AB and jose can anchor this offensive. So their no reason why they would add a well proven stopper at the toughest position in the league to guard. Run the floor well and pushes the ball in transition and can shoot the ball, things they said they were looking for. I think he would be a great glue guy on this team and perfect fit for DC's philosophy. Lets not forget that BryCo already said earlier the season that their was interest in him. His been in big playoffs game and is used to playing for no BS coach. Really don't under stand why y'all wouldn't thin this would be a good get.

They've obviously been keeping an eye on him
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Apr 28th, 2012 at 03:35 AM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm sure a lot of Heisley's decision making will depend on how the Grizz fair this year. If they get bounced in the 1st round, he might be willing to deal Gay (considering they advanced farther a season ago without him).
    LETS GO CLIPS!

I'm married so I would totally rock a Gay jersey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote AJ360 wrote: View Post
    LETS GO CLIPS!

I'm married so I would totally rock a Gay jersey.
    I'm married too, but my wife probably wouldn't let me wear a Gay jersey, lol

Post Thanks / Like

Via HoopsHype.com:

Blazers F Nicolas Batum's eyes lit up & he offered funny, candid thoughts when talk turned to size of next contract: "I heard some numbers the last couple of days. I'm like, 'Give me that, I'll be very, very happy.'" What, 10 or 11 million per year? "Yeah, I'm like, 'Wow, I'm going to say yes.'" Batum said that his next "basketball situation" was more important than a particular city in assessing his future. Sulia

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Foreshadowing Nash?

I'm not sure who would be in charge of putting these videos together, but does anybody else find the video (at around 1:10 of the video) and what Colangelo is saying intriguing (Colangelo talking about using the money he has this summer at the exact time that they show a video of Casey embracing Nash)? Coincidence or somebody in the Raps TV organization's pipe dream?

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/pla...ews-conference

Does anyone else get the feeling that Colangelo has something already lined up? There have been a few interviews lately that have me thinking he is way too confident about a signing unless he already has something set up. I think Casey said something on the Val Centered videos that implied Val would not need to be the saviour coming in because others were coming in as well. Now I realize that the could mean a variety of things (the new draft pick, a trade, a role playing free agent signing); however, it sure sounded to me like something big is going to happen... maybe it's just me being hopeful and maybe Kirilenko is the signing and he's a big deal... or maybe Nash's comments about finishing in Canada (never heard this, but some have mentioned if before on here) are going to come to fruition.
    Last edited by The Coach; Sat Apr 28th, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like

Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure who would be in charge of putting these videos together, but does anybody else find the video (at around 1:10 of the video) and what Colangelo is saying intriguing (Colangelo talking about using the money he has this summer at the exact time that they show a video of Casey embracing Nash)? Coincidence or somebody in the Raps TV organization's pipe dream?

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/pla...ews-conference

Does anyone else get the feeling that Colangelo has something already lined up? There have been a few interviews lately that have me thinking he is way too confident about a signing unless he already has something set up. I think Casey said something on the Val Centered videos that implied Val would not need to be the saviour coming in because others were coming in as well. Now I realize that the could mean a variety of things (the new draft pick, a trade, a role playing free agent signing); however, it sure sounded to me like something big is going to happen... maybe it's just me being hopeful and maybe Kirilenko is the signing and he's a big deal... or maybe Nash's comments about finishing in Canada (never heard this, but some have mentioned if before on here) are going to come to fruition.
    LOL - great conspiracy theory!

Colangelo is a very confident guy and I do believe he has a plan that he feels is going to be a homerun. I don't think anything is set in stone or has been talked about early. Those types of risks are not worth it (see Joe Smith/Kevin McHale in Minnesota).

We'll have to see what happens May 30th but regardless, I expect big changes this summer. Toronto could make some trades that takes them up to the salary cap and then get Nash in a sign and trade with Bayless, ED or Amir, this year's 2nd round picks, and future 1st round pick going back to Phoenix. If Nash leaves Phoenix, I see him trying to ensure they get something in return that is beneficial to them (that is just speculation on my part).

Page 23 of 80 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread Information