Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBF wrote: View Post
    Why would you want to throw like 50 or 60 mill. at Batum, when you can draft a guy with possibly more potential for a ninth of the price.
    so who are you talking about that has more potential than batum? and a troll can live under a bridge for decades happily.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      so who are you talking about that has more potential than batum? and a troll can live under a bridge for decades happily.
      No one specifically. I was merely saying wouldn't you rather take a chance on a cheap guy you drafted than a guy you have to give a substantial amount too?
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

No one specifically. I was merely saying wouldn't you rather take a chance on a cheap guy you drafted than a guy you have to give a substantial amount too?
        because batum is a proven player given starter's minutes. he's the type of player we desperately need, someone with perimeter shooting with the ability to drive and defender wing players well. can you name a wing with this versatility (who can play a swingman role) that can be picked up from the 5-8th pick in the draft?

Comment

yes if we were in year one of the rebuild. but i think that our position right now needs instant upgrades. so to me if it isn't a player who is coming in to start and help right away the best move might be in trade.

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
            If we are trading Calderon (which I am opposed to) we have to go for Dragic or Nash. Nash would be better IMO as we might end up drafting Kabongo in the 2013 draft.
            They're better off keeping Jose and biding their time if we're seriously talking about a guy like Dragic being a must have if the Raptors trade Jose. What's the point in dealing Jose if they're going to have to downgrade? I'm leaning more and more towards Jose stays and finding a few prospects to teach in the process.

If they do trade Jose then Hinrich is the must have if we're talking we want someone who is consistent with a proven all around game. I actually think (if the price is right) they should sign Hinrich no matter what actually...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              They're better off keeping Jose and biding their time if we're seriously talking about a guy like Dragic being a must have if the Raptors trade Jose. What's the point in dealing Jose if they're going to have to downgrade? I'm leaning more and more towards Jose stays and finding a few prospects to teach in the process.

If they do trade Jose then Hinrich is the must have if we're talking we want someone who is consistent with a proven all around game. I actually think (if the price is right) they should sign Hinrich no matter what actually...
              I was interested in Hinrich previously but he looks like he ran in to the wall of old lately. I'm basing this off the Atlanta game last night and his stats since returning from injury. It will be interesting to see him again tonight.

Comment

• It's one game.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  It's one game.
                  I realize and said that. I followed up with reference to his stats which don't mean much. I finished with looking forward to him tonight implying looking to see if it was more than just one game. If I was not clear, I do apologize.

While his minutes are down this year compare to his career averages, his production is down too. He has been back for 41 games. I'm not sure at this point if it can be blamed on injury - that excuse is only good for 10 games around here Given how Felton has responded since McMillan's departure, I'd rather have Felton over Hinrich - although Felton's turnovers are ridiculous.

Comment

• Kirilenko was asked about a possible return to NBA next season :

As for the possible return… I was always saying that I would love to play in the best league in the world. So, yes, in the end of the season I will consider all the offers from the NBA again. But that does not means I will definitely go.

source

Sign him up please.

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                      Kirilenko was asked about a possible return to NBA next season :

source

Sign him up please.
                      Whenever I think of Kirilenko, this is what I think of:

2011/04/13 Missed the last 10 games of the regular season (bruised left knee).
                      2011/03/24 Bruised left knee, day-to-day.
                      2011/03/11 Missed 1 game (back spasms).
                      2011/03/09 Back spasms, day-to-day.
                      2011/02/23 Missed 2 games (sprained right ankle).
                      2011/02/15 Sprained right ankle, day-to-day.
                      2011/02/07 Missed 3 games (sprained left ankle).
                      2011/02/02 Sprained left ankle, day-to-day.
                      2011/01/01 Missed 2 games (back injury).
                      2010/12/29 Back injury, day-to-day.
                      2010/05/08 Missed the last 9 games of the regular season and 8 playoff games (left calf injury).
                      2010/03/27 Left calf injury, day-to-day.
                      2010/03/26 Missed 4 games (left calf injury).
                      2010/03/19 Left calf injury, day-to-day.
                      2010/03/17 Missed 2 games (left calf injury).
                      2010/03/14 Left calf injury, day-to-day.
                      2010/03/01 Missed 1 game (back spasms).
                      2010/02/27 Back spasms, day-to-day.
                      2010/02/26 Missed 2 games (back spasms).
                      2010/02/22 Back spasms, day-to-day.
                      2009/12/14 Missed 5 games (sore back).
                      2009/12/05 Sore back, day-to-day.
                      2009/12/04 Missed 1 game (back spasms).
                      2009/11/30 Back spasms, day-to-day.
                      2009/02/17 Missed 11 games (right ankle injury).
                      2009/01/21 Right ankle injury, day-to-day.
                      2008/12/05 Missed 2 games (right ankle injury).
                      2008/12/02 Right ankle injury, day-to-day.
                      2008/11/17 Missed 2 games (finger injury).
                      2008/11/14 Finger injury, day-to-day.
                      2008/04/02 Missed 2 games (right calf injury).
                      2008/03/30 Right calf injury, day-to-day.
                      2008/03/11 Missed 3 games (hip injury).
                      2008/03/05 Hip injury, day-to-day.
                      2008/02/06 Missed 1 game (flu).
                      2008/02/04 Flu, day-to-day.
                      2008/01/12 Missed 3 games (back injury).
                      2008/01/04 Back injury, day-to-day.
                      2007/04/16 Missed 5 games (left thumb injury).
                      2007/04/11 Left thumb injury, remainder of the regular season.
                      2007/04/09 Left thumb injury, sidelined indefinitely.
                      2007/02/26 Missed 1 game (bruised left knee).
                      2007/02/24 Bruised left knee, inactive list.
                      2007/01/29 Missed 1 game (sprained right ankle).
                      2007/01/27 Sprained right ankle, day-to-day.
                      2006/11/24 Missed 5 games (sprained right ankle).
                      2006/11/14 Sprained right ankle, inactive list.
                      2006/04/19 Missed the last 2 games of the regular season (back spasms).
                      2006/04/17 Back spasms, day-to-day.
                      2006/03/03 Missed 1 game (back injury).
                      2006/03/01 Back injury, day-to-day.
                      2005/12/26 Missed 3 games (back injury).
                      2005/12/20 Back injury, inactive list.
                      2005/11/29 Missed 7 games (ankle injury).
                      2005/11/14 Ankle injury, day-to-day.
                      2005/04/20 Missed 14 games (left wrist injury).
                      2005/03/26 Left wrist injury, injured list.
                      2005/03/24 Left wrist injury, day-to-day.
                      2005/02/23 Missed 1 game (sprained right ankle).
                      2005/02/15 Sprained right ankle, day-to-day.
                      2005/01/22 Missed 26 games (sprained right knee).
                      2004/11/30 Sprained right knee, injured list.
                      2004/10/29 Re-signed by the Utah Jazz to a six-year contract extension.
                      2004/01/26 Missed 4 games (ankle injury).
                      2004/01/19 Ankle injury, day-to-day.
                      2003/10/17 Utah Jazz picked up the fourth-year option on his contract.
                      2002/11/19 Missed 2 games (lower back strain).
                      2002/11/15 Lower back strain, day-to-day.

http://tsn.ca/nba/teams/players/bio/?id=490

Comment

• Kirilenko is for a win now mode team.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Batum and Craig Smith Discuss future

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/nicolas-batum/

Just a couple words from Batum on his future, not really interested in Craig
                          Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• Just a quick thought, in a few years OKC will have to decide whether to give big money to either Serge Ibaka or James Harden. Who do you think they would give money to? I'm thinking Serge, leaving Harden open as a UFA. If we had wings like Harden and Batum, with Big Val anchoring the middle I think we'd go from a horrible team to a team fighting for 4-6 the first year we had Harden.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Whenever I think of Kirilenko, this is what I think of:
                              How true. Wonder if he had a similar pattern in the Russian league. I think not. Not to disparage the Russian peoples but he would probably get a visit from some very gruff individuals to encourage him to "get well soon" or...........

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                I realize and said that. I followed up with reference to his stats which don't mean much. I finished with looking forward to him tonight implying looking to see if it was more than just one game. If I was not clear, I do apologize.

While his minutes are down this year compare to his career averages, his production is down too. He has been back for 41 games. I'm not sure at this point if it can be blamed on injury - that excuse is only good for 10 games around here Given how Felton has responded since McMillan's departure, I'd rather have Felton over Hinrich - although Felton's turnovers are ridiculous.
                                If you do analysis of Probable Salary/probable production I think you'll come to the conclusion that Hinrich is probably going to offer a lot more value than Felton will; I think Hinrich is probably looking at $3-4M/yr versus Felton at $7-8M/yr. Felton might be the biggest name free agent PG this off-season. At least one team is going to offer something stupid in my opinion given that the draft is thin on PGs.

Comment

Working...
                                X