View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

13 33.33%
  • Batum

15 38.46%
  • Mayo

2 5.13%
  • Lin

2 5.13%
  • Lee

1 2.56%
  • Fields

4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

1 2.56%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • L.Williams

0 0%
  • Green

1 2.56%
Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    If he is cleared by doctors and passes all his physicals I don't see any reason not to sign him
    I agree. Plus, last time I checked he didn't retire and was a damn good player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Dude, you can't just stay away from players because they have disagreements with a coach. You wouldn't have enough to fill the roster then.

Taking Gray over Camby makes as much sense as it doesn't.

Plus, Camby doesn't even play in portland anymore and he isn't known for beefs.

His declining production fits perfectly with his declining role on a team. Nobody is talking about him being a starter or a long term fix, so if anything his age is a positive because of the experience he can share. His Injury history, i'd be shocked if a late 30's 7 foot man didn't have an injury history. Never mind one that has played basketball for the past twenty something years.

But, I do agree that he shouldn't be coming here nore will he. He's at the age where he just wants to settle in and play out his last few years. If he does move, he wants it to be to a legit contender and wants a guaranteed role where his minutes don't constantly fluxuate.
    He wants to play in Houston where he plans to retire and just built a house.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, I know that.

But, I imagine that would be what he wants if Houston doesn't want him.

I was just arguing your reasons of him not being a good signing.

I guess something got misinterpreted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Ya, I know that.

But, I imagine that would be what he wants if Houston doesn't want him.

I was just arguing your reasons of him not being a good signing.

I guess something got misinterpreted.
    I think my reasons were legit.

38 year olds should be past the point of beefing with coaches or in this case they should give a sh!t and step forward to be a leader - especially when looking at a candidate for a rebuilding team such as Toronto.

His injury history is brutal regardless of his age.

Taking Gray makes more sense if he gives you better production and is cheaper. The declining role is a good point though.

Post Thanks / Like

If he is cleared by doctors and passes all his physicals I don't see any reason not to sign him
    That's a massive if. Aortic aneurysms are nothing to take lightly. One of the recommendations for post Aortic aneurysm surgery patients is that they avoid heavy lifting. I assume Green will attempt to make a comeback, but jeez, it's really iffy and how effectively and how much of a contribution he would make I would assume would be limited.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to make it clear AK47 is one year older than Gerald Wallace and has way more playoffs experience. Is to contributing to winning unlike GW. AK47 shoots the ball better(a need like DC BC said) than GW

Also it's the first time that Andrei has been actually healthy in the last couple years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Just to make it clear AK47 is one year older than Gerald Wallace and has way more playoffs experience. Is to contributing to winning unlike GW. AK47 shoots the ball better(a need like DC BC said) than GW

Also it's the first time that Andrei has been actually healthy in the last couple years.
    I think Wallace, AK47, and Ilyasova would all command around the same amount of money.

Given age and shooting and rebounding ability, I'd really like to see Ilyasova over the other guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Batum and Mayo are certainly on my list. Now that the Raptors aren't signing Sasha they should have the cap space to land one of these guys.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A definite "HELL YES" to Mayo. He's everything we're hoping DeRozan one day turns into.

And if it's a choice between Wallace or Kirilenko, I'd go with Kirilenko. He provides almost as much value, but at a noticeably cheaper price (I assume).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

What about Courtney Lee? he's no mayo or batum, but a capable wing (starter or bench) with good IQ and all around ability (and a finals run under his belt)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'd sign Lee to shore up the bench

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Yeah I'd sign Lee to shore up the bench
    I think the Raps biggest need is a starter, not another bench guy. Lee is okay, but I actually like Kleiza more. Kleiza averaged 9pts and 4rbs in 21 mins. Lee averaged 11pts and 2rbs in 30 mins. I like Kleiza's output better, and he's a bench guy. Also 2.8 career rbs for a SF is pretty weak.

And I also think Kleiza's defense is underrated.

Post Thanks / Like

a healthy Jeff Green is the answer with Wilson Chandler as the 6th man spelling off both Green and DeRozan.

I think Jeff Green is obtainable. I think Chandler was signed by Denver solely because other teams want him and they know he could be a valuable trade chip especially at 6.5 million

Post Thanks / Like

a healthy Jeff Green is the answer with Wilson Chandler as the 6th man spelling off both Green and DeRozan.

I think Jeff Green is obtainable. I think Chandler was signed by Denver solely because other teams want him and they know he could be a valuable trade chip especially at 6.5 million
    Green is a UFA (Boston withdrew their QO in December when he failed his physical). So he is available but I'd be worried about him going forward. A heart condition cannot be taken lightly. I could see him going for $9M a year, and that's a lot of money for a guy coming out of heart surgery. If he can return to form like he was in OKC then its a no brainer for me, but that's a big if.

Wilson Chandler I think will be available too (for the right price).. however he had a big hip injury and I hope he can recover from that.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd stay away from Green at all costs. I'd feel more comfortable signing Stephen Hawking as our SF.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Green is a UFA (Boston withdrew their QO in December when he failed his physical). So he is available but I'd be worried about him going forward. A heart condition cannot be taken lightly. I could see him going for $9M a year, and that's a lot of money for a guy coming out of heart surgery. If he can return to form like he was in OKC then its a no brainer for me, but that's a big if.

Wilson Chandler I think will be available too (for the right price).. however he had a big hip injury and I hope he can recover from that.

I think we could have Green at below market value. His heart condition if it is the result of a defect is actually an arterial birth defect. If corrected properly he has a long life left in the league with no drop off. IF it is the result of an underlying condition, which is even more RARE than the birth defect itself, then yeah it could be a problem. There are only two causes of his condition though, and I never heard which one that was from any articles I read. So THAT is the question mark on him. If its the defect I sign him at below market value and laugh all the way deep into the playoffs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'd stay away from Green at all costs. I'd feel more comfortable signing Stephen Hawking as our SF.
    I hear he has a decent 3...on his keyboard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The Raptors have enough wings with no dribble drive.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we know for a fact he doesn't have that? He played 4 most of his career thus far

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think he can dribble drive:

Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread Information