Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Just say no to 4-years, 32 million. That's utterly insane.
    I agree. Anything over $6.5M per year is too much. 4 years, $26M.

I don't think Toronto has a shot in hell. Dragic will be a Blazer.

Comment

• Dont underestimate BC's convincing techniques(if there is such a thing). He'll bring Dragic here if he really wants to

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Dont underestimate BC's convincing techniques(if there is such a thing). He'll bring Dragic here if he really wants to
        The technique is called 'overpaying'. I hope he doesn't resort to that.

Comment

• mangokid wrote: View Post
          the technique is called 'overpaying'. I hope he doesn't resort to that.

+1, lmfao
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I wonder if Dragic realizes that NBA games are played INDOORS....even in Canada :|
            Considering over half of them are deadbeat dads with a bunch of illegitimate children and go bankrupt after their career...

I wouldn't be surprised.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
              The technique is called 'overpaying'. I hope he doesn't resort to that.
              lol no

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I wonder what Brotherston's sources are (other than the Ingram piece referenced above).
                His Source, is also what he shits out of.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• I'll pass on Dragic if those comments about toronto are true. Its not worth bringing in a player who is not interested by overpaying him (unless it is a franchise player with a big ego). I would rather keep Bayless and Uzoh here as 2nd and 3rd to Calderon.

Comment

• I have to admit, the thoughts of Dragic starting, and Calderon backing him up are pretty intriguing. That is, assuming Dragic's current play isn't a direct result of being in a contract year.

Like others have mentioned, there is legit fear of Colangelo opening his wallet based on "hope", rather than proven results.

Comment

• Word is the market for Batum is going to be 10-11 milli per and the spurs are going to go hard.

I like Batum but I think that's a little steep, personally. That said, if the spurs do sign him (keep in mind he always wanted to play there, especially with Parker) what happens with Kawhi? He's been pretty fantastic as a rookie. Who knows, he could be our 3 after all.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I was hoping for Kemba or Kawhi last summer.

But even if San Antonio signs Batum, wouldn't it be in their best interest to keep Kawhi on the bench (especially if Batum can play SG as Manu's career winds down)?

Comment

• That's certainly true. I forgot to ask how long they have S-Jax for?
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• After Big Val or Kanter i wanted Kawhi so you'll have to excuse my boner for him.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              That's certainly true. I forgot to ask how long they have S-Jax for?
                              S-Jax has 1-year at $10 million left.

Comment

• http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingbl...32&feedID=5212

Not sure how San Antonio signs Batum. Sign and trade? Renounce Duncan on a winky-winky and sign him on an exception or minimum contract? Will Duncan retire?

The Trail Blazers had a chance to extend Batum's deal at the Jan. 25 deadline, however Batum's agent Bouna Ndiaye and Trail Blazers management couldn't come to terms on a deal.

Negotiations got so heated that it prompted this response from Batum's agent: "When Batum becomes a restricted free agent, we'll look at the other 29 teams before we talk to the Blazers," Ndiaye told CSNNW.com. "The Blazers had their chance."

Back then, Batum's agent was demanding less than what he'll seek for his client this time around. Also, those talks were before Batum was inserted into the starting lineup and became easily the second best player on the team.

The Trail Blazers took a gamble, and it appears that Batum will come out on top when it's all said and done.

Now the question will be, are the Trail Blazers willing to spend that much on Batum?

The other question is, can the Trail Blazers afford not to spend that much money on Batum?

With the way this season has played out, letting go of one of your most likable players can't be a good thing going forward.

What would you do?
                                Portland really dropped the ball. They were seeking less than $10-11M i.e. they were seeking less than Gallinari money.

Comment

Working...
                                X