View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

13 33.33%
  • Batum

15 38.46%
  • Mayo

2 5.13%
  • Lin

2 5.13%
  • Lee

1 2.56%
  • Fields

4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

1 2.56%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • L.Williams

0 0%
  • Green

1 2.56%
Page 28 of 80 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    That's not "there you go." You said 37% as a starter; is that number wrong or where does it come from?

Now you give two years of his stats and leave out the worst years, including last year. I'd say the last year normally should be the most important so why leave that one out?

The fact is that he is a career below average threepointshooter (even shooting 30% last year) while, during his time in Oklahoma he took over 3,5(!) per game. That's just terrible when you shoot them that bad.
    I left out last year because he was a backup on a new team with a new coach in a new system oriented to defense oh and also his heart was about to rupture

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Wait, so you want to trade a 4th year Derozan for another rookie Derozan to teach all over again?
    Well we are a glorified feeder/farm team after all

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I left out last year because he was a backup on a new team with a new coach in a new system oriented to defense oh and also his heart was about to rupture
    He started 49 games with the Thunder before he was traded. How did his heart condition affect his play?

Post Thanks / Like

Isnt it usually a degenerative thing? Anyways I'm with Mango, no thanks. Any medical red flag is a automatic no-go for me.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How 'bout Courtney Lee?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

if we could manage to wrestle courtney lee and dragic away from houston, get batum or draft barnes or MKG, i'd be one extremely happy camper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Wait, so you want to trade a 4th year Derozan for another rookie Derozan to teach all over again?
    Trade a starter who has suspect handles, no outside shot and is about to get a big payday, for a rookie who will be a much cheaper 2nd unit player next season, who's got an excellent long-range shooting stroke? ummmm yes, exactly. AK47 and Mayo would start, allowing Beal to develop on the 2nd unit with lowered expectations and much less pressure, on a rookie-scale contract for the next few years. Absolutely.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Trade a starter who has suspect handles, no outside shot and is about to get a big payday, for a rookie who will be a much cheaper 2nd unit player next season, who's got an excellent long-range shooting stroke? ummmm yes, exactly. AK47 and Mayo would start, allowing Beal to develop on the 2nd unit with lowered expectations and much less pressure, on a rookie-scale contract for the next few years. Absolutely.
    Plus, it wouldn't be far-fetched to say that Beal (in terms of SG skills) is already more developed than DeRozan. Beal can shoot, pass, dribble, and rebound well.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Can we please stop talking about AK47 like its a thing it's making me nauseous.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Plus, it wouldn't be far-fetched to say that Beal (in terms of SG skills) is already more developed than DeRozan. Beal can shoot, pass, dribble, and rebound well.
    Don't forget he has the tools to play solid D as well - quick, strong, and long wingspan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Can we please stop talking about AK47 like its a thing it's making me nauseous.
    Why no love for AK47? I certainly don't think he's a superstar, but he'd be a veteran with a good work ethic, high bbiq, decent defender and good outside shooter... all of which BC/DC said they were looking for. I wouldn't suggest him as the answer to all the Raptors woes, but I think he would be a decent piece of the puzzle to add, especially if he comes for 2/3 years @ around $7-8M per season. I'm curious why you would disagree...

Post Thanks / Like

My only concern with Ivan Drago is his proneness to injury. All other things considered, he seems like a good fit.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Why no love for AK47? I certainly don't think he's a superstar, but he'd be a veteran with a good work ethic, high bbiq, decent defender and good outside shooter... all of which BC/DC said they were looking for. I wouldn't suggest him as the answer to all the Raptors woes, but I think he would be a decent piece of the puzzle to add, especially if he comes for 2/3 years @ around $7-8M per season. I'm curious why you would disagree...
    he's just way past his prime. he didn't even play in the nba last season, which is puzzling if he's such a good commodity. he's just looking for a payday at this point, and while i don't blame him (C.R.E.A.M.) thats not whats in our best interests. the last i remember watching him he was pretty meh offensively. i'd rather WAY overpay for Batum or Chandler than spend 7-8 mil for a declining 30 year old with career averages of 12 and 5.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't he choose to stay in Russia because of the lockout? I don't think it's an indication of his diminishing skills. It's a similar situation as Wilson Chandler and Sonny Weems.

Post Thanks / Like

If we get Ilyasova, I would be a happy camper. Anything else we do would be gravy.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    he's just way past his prime. he didn't even play in the nba last season, which is puzzling if he's such a good commodity. he's just looking for a payday at this point, and while i don't blame him (C.R.E.A.M.) thats not whats in our best interests. the last i remember watching him he was pretty meh offensively. i'd rather WAY overpay for Batum or Chandler than spend 7-8 mil for a declining 30 year old with career averages of 12 and 5.
    I already explained why he didn't play in the nba; it's got absolutely nothing to do with nobody wanting him on their team (except maybe not for the money he wanted).

Post Thanks / Like

which is a pretty big thing?
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    If we get Ilyasova, I would be a happy camper. Anything else we do would be gravy.
    where would we play him? don't think he could play the 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Don't forget he has the tools to play solid D as well - quick, strong, and long wingspan.
    Don't forget he's also got experience at an NBA level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    My only concern with Ivan Drago is his proneness to injury. All other things considered, he seems like a good fit.
    I must crush you!!!

Thread Information