Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maleko wrote: View Post
    Seems this has come from a Ryan Wolstat tweet where he refers to a French interview. Who knows the accuracy but plausible.

Brings us back to the draft for a SF and perhaps a depth move with Wilson Chandler.
    Via Twitter:

WolstatSun Ryan Wolstat
    Back from a Twitter vacation. Re: Batum, don't remeber him ever bad-mouthing Raps, but the team did say he had a heart issue which might ...
    WolstatSun Ryan Wolstat
    ... Might have hurt his draft stock and was never proven or brought up again IIRC. Plus his dad died from heart issue I believe

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I find Batum incredibly overrated anyway.
      agreed. not the answer at small forward.

Comment

I don't think Westbrook was EVER on the table. Why would he come to Toronto? Just another unrealistic pipe dream by Raptor fans.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Paul agreed not to opt-out of his final year (I thought I heard the Clippers would only agree to the trade if they had Paul for 2 years).

But definitely count me in for offering Westbrook max.

As for Gallo, I think I'd rather see Wilson Chandler in a Raptors uniform.
          Westbrook already signed an extention with OKC

Comment

Eric Gordon makes so much sense it hurts
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Also, that team of basically the same roster plus Batum is not going to win anything. If the past couple years of mediocre basketball has led up to a final goal of JV, Bargs, Batum, DeRozan and Calderon -- kill me now.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                Also, that team of basically the same roster plus Batum is not going to win anything. If the past couple years of mediocre basketball has led up to a final goal of JV, Bargs, Batum, DeRozan and Calderon -- kill me now.
                In that case: post your adress.

But seriously, you are always so negative. You should get out more, you know, do something fun. Maybe catch a nice movie, a comedy even! Maybe go to a bar and meet some new people who don't care about basketball at all.

Do it and you'll see, tomorrow the birds will be singing again.

Comment

Ebrain is sorta right tho. That team will be mediocre 7th or 8th seed team. We need the guy who will push us over the top, the Franchise player aka Quincy Miller.

Comment

Yeah, he's right.

Sign Gordon and draft MKG or Miller.

Lineup next season:

Calderon
                    Gordon
                    MKG/Miller
                    Bargs
                    Big Val

With DeMar/Ed/Amir/Forbes coming off the bench. That's a team.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

lol, completely agree.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, he's right.

Lineup next season:

Calderon
                        Gordon
                        MKG/Miller
                        Bargs
                        Big Val

Gordon's a restricted free agent. I don't think the Hornets gave up Paul with the idea of renting Gordon for one year. I can see them matching any offer a team makes. Plus, I'm not too comfortable offering someone as injury-prone as Gordon a hefty contract.

But I must admit, that lineup (at least on paper), has potential to make some noise. But with 2 rookies in the starting lineup, it'll take a good 25-30 games before the whole team starts clicking.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, he's right.

Lineup next season:

Calderon
                          Gordon
                          MKG/Miller
                          Bargs
                          Big Val

..and you're assuming that MKG and or Miller enter this year's draft.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                            In that case: post your adress.

But seriously, you are always so negative. You should get out more, you know, do something fun. Maybe catch a nice movie, a comedy even! Maybe go to a bar and meet some new people who don't care about basketball at all.

Do it and you'll see, tomorrow the birds will be singing again.
                            I'm just being realistic. You should get out more, see the world for what it really is. Maybe catch the news, even the local news! Maybe go to a bar and meet some new people who do care about basketball.

Do it and you'll see, tomorrow the team will suck as it does, and you'll see my point of view.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

I'm just being realistic. You should get out more, see the world for what it really is. Maybe catch the news, even the local news! Maybe go to a bar and meet some new people who do care about basketball.
                              Actually, that last part is pretty difficult over here. I have some sportsfanatics as friends, but none of them watches and follows the nba consistently.

Do it and you'll see, tomorrow the team will suck as it does, and you'll see my point of view.
                              If I had that point of view, I'd be watching more football (Europe) and less basketball (and I certainly wouldn't continually post on a forum showing my disgust). And I would have become a fan of, let's say the Lakers or the Celtics. But I'm a Raptors fan for I guess almost 10 years now, and I enjoy the ride even without results.

Comment

Actually, that last part is pretty difficult over here. I have some sportsfanatics as friends, but none of them watches and follows the nba consistently.
                                I was being facetious.

If I had that point of view, I'd be watching more football (Europe) and less basketball (and I certainly wouldn't continually post on a forum showing my disgust). And I would have become a fan of, let's say the Lakers or the Celtics. But I'm a Raptors fan for I guess almost 10 years now, and I enjoy the ride even without results.
                                I guess I must be a masochist then, because regardless of how badly my team is doing I have no intention of switching teams. I want to see things done right, and if my negativity bothers you, then please feel free to ignore my posts. I'm not a negative person unless there is a driving force behind it, and right now, if you look at recent history and where the team is headed at least in the immediate future, I think most would agree that my negativity is rightly justified.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X