• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I'd sign Lee to shore up the bench
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Yeah I'd sign Lee to shore up the bench
      I think the Raps biggest need is a starter, not another bench guy. Lee is okay, but I actually like Kleiza more. Kleiza averaged 9pts and 4rbs in 21 mins. Lee averaged 11pts and 2rbs in 30 mins. I like Kleiza's output better, and he's a bench guy. Also 2.8 career rbs for a SF is pretty weak.

And I also think Kleiza's defense is underrated.

Comment

• a healthy Jeff Green is the answer with Wilson Chandler as the 6th man spelling off both Green and DeRozan.

I think Jeff Green is obtainable. I think Chandler was signed by Denver solely because other teams want him and they know he could be a valuable trade chip especially at 6.5 million
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          a healthy Jeff Green is the answer with Wilson Chandler as the 6th man spelling off both Green and DeRozan.

I think Jeff Green is obtainable. I think Chandler was signed by Denver solely because other teams want him and they know he could be a valuable trade chip especially at 6.5 million
          Green is a UFA (Boston withdrew their QO in December when he failed his physical). So he is available but I'd be worried about him going forward. A heart condition cannot be taken lightly. I could see him going for $9M a year, and that's a lot of money for a guy coming out of heart surgery. If he can return to form like he was in OKC then its a no brainer for me, but that's a big if.

Wilson Chandler I think will be available too (for the right price).. however he had a big hip injury and I hope he can recover from that.

Comment

• I'd stay away from Green at all costs. I'd feel more comfortable signing Stephen Hawking as our SF.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Green is a UFA (Boston withdrew their QO in December when he failed his physical). So he is available but I'd be worried about him going forward. A heart condition cannot be taken lightly. I could see him going for $9M a year, and that's a lot of money for a guy coming out of heart surgery. If he can return to form like he was in OKC then its a no brainer for me, but that's a big if.

Wilson Chandler I think will be available too (for the right price).. however he had a big hip injury and I hope he can recover from that.

I think we could have Green at below market value. His heart condition if it is the result of a defect is actually an arterial birth defect. If corrected properly he has a long life left in the league with no drop off. IF it is the result of an underlying condition, which is even more RARE than the birth defect itself, then yeah it could be a problem. There are only two causes of his condition though, and I never heard which one that was from any articles I read. So THAT is the question mark on him. If its the defect I sign him at below market value and laugh all the way deep into the playoffs
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I'd stay away from Green at all costs. I'd feel more comfortable signing Stephen Hawking as our SF.
                I hear he has a decent 3...on his keyboard

Comment

I'd stay away from Green at all costs. I'd feel more comfortable signing Stephen Hawking as our SF.
                  The Raptors have enough wings with no dribble drive.

Comment

• Do we know for a fact he doesn't have that? He played 4 most of his career thus far

Comment

• Yeah, I think he can dribble drive:

Comment

• I never thought Green was any good, the Thunder did a really good job in that trade. We shouldn't sign him even if he is fully healthy.

Comment

• I'd like the Raps to find a way to add both AK47 and Mayo (perhaps S&T for a top-3 protected 2013 1st round pick). Both would fit the 'veteran shooter' profile that BC/DC talked about during their press conference. It would also mean that regardless who is drafted, they would be able to develop on the 2nd unit (less pressure), perhaps opening the door for a PG to be drafted in the 8-10 range (ie: Marshall/Lillard).

C: Valanciunas
                          PF: Bargnani
                          SF: Kirilenko
                          SG: DeRozan
                          PG: Calderon
                          6th Man: Mayo

Bench
                          C: Amir, Gray
                          PF: Davis, Amir, Kleiza
                          SF: JJ, Kleiza
                          SG: Mayo, Forbes
                          PG: Marshall/Lillard, Forbes

* In this scenario (13 man roster), Davis and JJ would seem the most expendable. I'd love to be able to package them both for another draft pick, so the Raps could somehow wind up drafting one of MKG/Beal AND one of Marshall/Lillard. In that case, just remove Davis from the lineup and replace JJ with MKG.
                          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Apr 30, 2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• If it's a choice between Mayo or DeRozan as my starter, it's Mayo 100%.

Comment

If it's a choice between Mayo or DeRozan as my starter, it's Mayo 100%.
                              Mayo > DD, but I like the idea of Mayo being able to be a better sparkplug/scorer off the bench as the 1st scoring option on the 2nd unit, which would also help balance the starters/backups. Even in the 6th man role as technically the backup SG, I could see Mayo easily being top 4/5 in minutes played.

Comment

• If his actually healthy. He would be the perfect fit on this team. He guards, he can shoot the 3, he a good athlete. His been in big playoffs game and he would come at a good market value. I think MLE would get him here and that would be a steal for the old Jeff Green. It would also be such a good story too.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X