View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

    13 33.33%
  • Batum

    15 38.46%
  • Mayo

    2 5.13%
  • Lin

    2 5.13%
  • Lee

    1 2.56%
  • Fields

    4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

    1 2.56%
  • Kidd

    0 0%
  • L.Williams

    0 0%
  • Green

    1 2.56%
Page 47 of 80 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1585

Thread: Free Agency 2012

  1. #921
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But did he get a triple double?!

  2. #922
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,284
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    But did he get a triple double?!
    Much like Flynn's 18/11 game, it was the last game of the season - lol.

  3. #923
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,498
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    But did he get a triple double?!
    haha...but did that triple d cost us at least a couple of spots in the draft?

  4. #924
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...on-flynns-list

    If his hip was healthy I'd have no problem giving Flynn a shot on a VERY cheap contract in a third PG role. He might actually surprise and earn his time at backup...... and if he doesn't, it was a minimal risk.
    If the Raps can't get Lillard via the draft, Flynn is a decent young guy with upside that I wouldn't mind taking a flier on to backup Nash.

  5. #925
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    To Flynn's defense he's battled some injuries but obviously has a lot of talent. I think he will come a lot cheaper than Bayless' $4M qualifying offer.

  6. #926
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,371
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Flynn on 1 leg is >>>> Uzoh
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  7. #927
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If we pick Lillard he'd most likely be a third string. But that would be useful because if we sign nash also, he's probably going to go down with an injury sometime throughout the season looking at his age. So having 2 young capable PG's would really help

  8. #928
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Immediately wanted to trademark flynnsanity, but apparently the term already exists in relation to some guy named matt flynn in some other sport.

  9. #929
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    If we pick Lillard he'd most likely be a third string. But that would be useful because if we sign nash also, he's probably going to go down with an injury sometime throughout the season looking at his age. So having 2 young capable PG's would really help
    I doubt a guy like Flynn would be acquired if the Raps draft Lillard. I'm guessing Uzoh has the inside track on being the 3rd string/emergency PG. I can't see BC tying more than a minimum salary into a 3rd string spot, given his track record. I expect a veteran (ie: Nash, Calderon or Lowry) starting, with a young player (ie: Lillard, Flynn) backing up the veteran, with either Uzoh or a cheap veteran (similar to D.Martin, A.Carter) assuming 3rd string duties.

  10. #930
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Uzoh can play defense, hence he's better than Flynn.
    -"You cant run from me. I mean, my heart dont bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"I aint no diva! I dont have no blond hair, red hair. Im Reggie Evans.

  11. #931
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Give Uzoh a chance ! Only thing the guy has to improve on is shooting & he will be a solid back-up. But since he can't shoot, he's a 3rd stringer. But he can play D, big point guard & can rebound. That's a good PG to have with a ball dominant PG like Dion Waiters!
    I dont create controversies. Theyre there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.

    -- Charles Barkley

  12. #932
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Flynn is the worst

  13. #933
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,284
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But its clear there remain some hard feelings from the winter, when the Blazers and Ndiaye were unable to reach a contract extension that would have prevented Batum from becoming a free agent.

    He called to let me know he was on board and he said some good things, Ndiaye said of his talk with Olshey. But for me, the Blazers are still the same. They have a new GM, but its still the same owner, still the same management. So nothing has changed.

    http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in..._talk_but.html

    I wonder how this works out. Portland has cap space and Bird Rights but I wonder what their limit is on him?

    The problem with Batum is you are paying for potential which is a tougher pill to swallow than drafting for potential.

    A 3 guard/wing rotation of Ross/DD/Batum would be dynamic.

  14. #934
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I wonder how this works out. Portland has cap space and Bird Rights but I wonder what their limit is on him?

    The problem with Batum is you are paying for potential which is a tougher pill to swallow than drafting for potential.

    A 3 guard/wing rotation of Ross/DD/Batum would be dynamic.
    Agreed. Batum would be cheaper than Gay and would also require less additional assets to acquire. I wonder how open Portland might be to a S&T, given Toronto's wealth of assets, if Toronto let it be known that they would make a crazy high offer to him?

  15. #935
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,284
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Agreed. Batum would be cheaper than Gay and would also require less additional assets to acquire. I wonder how open Portland might be to a S&T, given Toronto's wealth of assets, if Toronto let it be known that they would make a crazy high offer to him?
    Portland's roster is interesting:

    PG: Lillard, Williams, Smith, Taylor
    SG: Matthews, Barton
    SF: Babbitt
    PF: Aldridge
    C: Leonard, Thomas

    They have Batum and HIckson as free agents.

    Payroll is currently $28M. Add a little over $5M for 1st round picks. Add $7M caphold for Hickson and $6.4M for Batum. They suddenly only have $12M for free agency and a number of holes.

    If Toronto struck early, they might be able to force their hand - especially if BC says, "Call me July 11th. Whatever they offer, we'll beat." If a sign and trade was done Toronto still has MLE and TPE.

    Somehow adding Batum or Gay with Nash would make absolve BC for the sins he has committed in the last few months.

  16. #936
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Portland's roster is interesting:

    PG: Lillard, Williams, Smith, Taylor
    SG: Matthews, Barton
    SF: Babbitt
    PF: Aldridge
    C: Leonard, Thomas

    They have Batum and HIckson as free agents.

    Payroll is currently $28M. Add a little over $5M for 1st round picks. Add $7M caphold for Hickson and $6.4M for Batum. They suddenly only have $12M for free agency and a number of holes.

    If Toronto struck early, they might be able to force their hand - especially if BC says, "Call me July 11th. Whatever they offer, we'll beat." If a sign and trade was done Toronto still has MLE and TPE.

    Somehow adding Batum or Gay with Nash would make absolve BC for the sins he has committed in the last few months.
    I would be so happy with either of those two.

  17. #937
    Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The plan is clearly to get Nash and a top-tier 3. No question. The only question is whether Colangelo can get other teams to cooperate. I have faith that Nash is already on board, which immediately makes selling other players on Toronto easier. There's not an offensive player in the league that wouldn't love to play with Nash.

    I think we'll be looking at a starting roster of Nash, Bargnani, Valanciunas, Derozan or Ross, and one of Gay, Iguodala, or Batum. And I'd be pretty interested in seeing what kind of damage that team could do over the next 3 years...
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

  18. #938
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    The plan is clearly to get Nash and a top-tier 3. No question. The only question is whether Colangelo can get other teams to cooperate. I have faith that Nash is already on board, which immediately makes selling other players on Toronto easier. There's not an offensive player in the league that wouldn't love to play with Nash.

    I think we'll be looking at a starting roster of Nash, Bargnani, Valanciunas, Derozan or Ross, and one of Gay, Iguodala, or Batum. And I'd be pretty interested in seeing what kind of damage that team could do over the next 3 years...
    I absolutely agree. My only concern is that my gut feeling is that Iguodala is the likely target. He would be a distant 3rd choice from that short list, especially since he could walk after just one season (player option for 2013-14). Now if BC also decided to target Chandler from Denver... Gay will be making about $18M per season on average over the next three years, while Iguodala & Chandler would make about $22M combined... just saying :-)
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:01 AM.

  19. #939
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here's a question: what happens if they don't land Nash?

  20. #940
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,284
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Here's a question: what happens if they don't land Nash?
    That is a very good question.

    Honestly, I can't see them passing on Lowry when no player that was in Plan A was on the board without a little inside knowledge.

Page 47 of 80 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •