View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

13 33.33%
  • Batum

15 38.46%
  • Mayo

2 5.13%
  • Lin

2 5.13%
  • Lee

1 2.56%
  • Fields

4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

1 2.56%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • L.Williams

0 0%
  • Green

1 2.56%
Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1585

Thread: Free Agency 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Oh...and Minnesota's offer to Batum...

Batum has offer from Minnesota and meetings with Toronto, New Orleans

Sunday, July 01, 2012, 1:45am
    Chris Haynes, CSNNW.com Trail Blazers Insider (@ChrisBHaynes)

Portland Trail Blazers restricted free agent forward, Nicolas Batum, has been contacted by the Minnesota Timberwolves and what is being called a "serious offer" has been made and discussed and the two sides will meet in Minnesota later today to deliberate on it further, according to a source very close to the situation.

The detailed figures that are being mulled over is a four-year, $45-50 million deal.

LINK

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Minny is going hard after Batum. According to Zach Lowe (CNNSI), they would need to amnesty Webster, get Miller to retire and renounce all their free agents, in order to offer Batum $10M.

Obviously Toronto could achieve that by using amnesty Calderon. I still think a S&T could interest Portland if they knew they couldn't match. I bet they'd at least be interested in Davis as a backup for Aldridge, given that they didn't tender Hickson.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Apparently Minny is going hard after Batum. According to Zach Lowe (CNNSI), they would need to amnesty Webster, get Miller to retire and renounce all their free agents, in order to offer Batum $10M.

Obviously Toronto could achieve that by using amnesty Calderon. I still think a S&T could interest Portland if they knew they couldn't match. I bet they'd at least be interested in Davis as a backup for Aldridge, given that they didn't tender Hickson.
    I think Minny has better assets for a S&T unfortunately. They could trade a package including guys like Pekovic and Derrick Williams. Portland is rebuilding/retooling, I think Williams would be a good guy to have on the roster. Calderon is an expiring asset, but Portland has a lot of cap space already - not sure if that would interest them that much.

Just trying to play devil's advocate.

I'm 50/50 on Batum. He has potential - not sure if $12M a year is worth it. Although I'd take him over Ilyasova.

Post Thanks / Like

Default SG bargains

Some potential bargains at SG = C.J Miles, Jamal Crawford, Josh Howard, Danny Green, Micheal Redd, Gerald Green, Brandon Roy
    Source: Twitter @TommyBeer

I realize they just drafted a wing but if they could get a guy like Redd for very cheap they should do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post

I realize they just drafted a wing but if they could get a guy like Redd for very cheap they should do it.
    Totally agree. Redd still has knock-down shooting capability.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Portland has bird rights on batum

Max offer to hibbert means n

Post Thanks / Like

.... Means n

Post Thanks / Like

Fucking phone....

Means nothing.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Portland offering a max deal to hibbert...have to pay aldridge $14 mill this year. Is Batum going to complete their big three? I guess they have a cheap young point guard though. Maybe a front loaded deal would help. Is he worth it?

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    Totally agree. Redd still has knock-down shooting capability.
    I'll take a pass on Redd. He shot 32% last year from the 3 (which was his best % in 3 years). I know he has been hurt through the last few years, but there are much better shooters out there that are a lot younger and healthier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Fucking phone....

Means nothing.
    at some point the salaries add up though, no (luxury wise)? $14 mill for LA this year, max for hibbert (about $14)and 10-12 for batum. $40 million for three guys and going up. I'm not sure..maybe that still makes sense these days. As i mentioned elsewhere, if lillard works out, they've got a cheap point guard for a while

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    at some point the salaries add up though, no (luxury wise)? $14 mill for LA this year, max for hibbert (about $14)and 10-12 for batum. $40 million for three guys and going up. I'm not sure..maybe that still makes sense these days. As i mentioned elsewhere, if lillard works out, they've got a cheap point guard for a while
    Indiana will match the max offer for Hibbert... and Portland will then match any offer for Batum.

I really don't see Hibbert/Batum leaving teams this year.. just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Indiana will match the max offer for Hibbert... and Portland will then match any offer for Batum.

I really don't see Hibbert/Batum leaving teams this year.. just my opinion.
    thus far indiana has said they won't match it but plenty of time still to go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    thus far indiana has said they won't match it but plenty of time still to go
    According to ESPN rumors, Portland is just one of two teams that have already offered max money to Hibbert. I wonder who the other team is and if Indy will match?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post

I would add Barbosa to that list as well. I'm not sure what it would take, but I couldn't see it being any more than $4M a year (ie, less than the MLE).

Post Thanks / Like

We all agreed on Danny Green a month ago. I'll send Stefanski a email.

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What is max money these days (surely much more than 14 mill as mentioned above)?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rudy Fernandez anyone?

Source - @KBergCBS

The Nuggets did not extend a qualifying offer to Rudy Fernandez, making him an unrestricted free agent, league source says.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't understand the appeal of a guy like Batum. What makes him worth $45-50 M? He's long, somewhat athletic, and he can shoot...but he only averaged around 14PPG and 5RPG in 30+ minutes per game. This is worth max money? That money would be much better spent when allocated to a Gay, Igoudala, or Granger that can give you upwards of 18 and 6 in a starting role. Plus they're all veterans that are just about to prime and they all have playoff experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    What is max money these days (surely much more than 14 mill as mentioned above)?
    If Batum's max is same as Hibbert's, it would be 4yr/$58M ($14.5M per). From what I've ready, Minnesota likely can't offer more than $10M per season.

Thread Information