No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derrick Williams seems like he's going to be good to me. I don't know why the Raptors would want him though... He's destined to be a PF in my opinion.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      If Minnesota didn't have Beasley on their roster, Williams would've likely been contending Irving for ROY.
      Being stuck behind Michael Beasley is hardly a resounding endorsement for Williams.
      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
        Being stuck behind Michael Beasley is hardly a resounding endorsement for Williams.
        Beasley's a dumbass off the court, but there's no denying his talent level.

Comment

• For those interested in Mayo

Mayo stated he wants to play point guard going forward, and he'll certainly be looking for a deal that pays more than the $5.6 million he earned this season. Despite obvious limitations on the ball and inconsistent shooting, what Mayo might command could be too steep for the Grizzlies.

"It just keeps getting better and better," Mayo said, campaigning to stay in a Grizzlies uniform. "Why not stick around and finish it out and see where we can get?"
          http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...stions-remain/

Two things for those who are interested in Mayo:

1) He apparently wants to be a PG from here out
          2) He is saying he wants to stay in Memphis

I don't really buy that he wants to stay in Memphis if he is basically saying that they are playing him out of position.

I was interested in him for the right price in order to come off the bench, but I have no interest in him if he is desiring to be a starting PG.
          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• enough about Mayo lets talk about trading for Bledsoe

dude did some things in that series. i was impressed.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              enough about Mayo lets talk about trading for Bledsoe

dude did some things in that series. i was impressed.
              a big plus 1 to that. There is something about him that screams solid.
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                a big plus 1 to that. There is something about him that screams solid.
                I was thinking about a simple Davis for Bledsoe trade last summer since the Clippers needed a back Pf, but they got Reggie who seems to be a good locker room presence for them. I think he may have improved his price with his play in the playoffs though.

Comment

• I hope all these calls for a Mayo/ Demar swap goes away now. I don't care if Mayo has better handles.what you do with it matters more to me. Demar is the player with more upside.

Bledsoe's numbers may not radically improve even if he is given extended minutes. But he is a quick and composed point guard who is definitely worth a shot.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    vince has to be one of the biggest NOs for us. we shouldn't be his last contract. he lost his right to play on our team. playing for the raptors is a privilege not a "if no one else will pay". when someone burns a bridge you don't build it back up for them. i would feel like an abused wife if he comes back "it's going to be different this time" "i've learned a lot about quitting" "i've changed" "one more chance and i'll show you who i really am".

remember the awesome feeling you had when he did the spinning windmill dunk and then mcgrady drop passed him the ball? he was all "raptor for life" we were all "canada, fuck yeah" and then after hakeem......fast forward to the greatest center toronto ever had, alonzo mourning and then a kick right in the dick. stomp stomp stomp. ow our collective balls, 10 years of suckage. fuck vince, mourning and kenny anderson
                    Vince quit on Raptors PERIOD.
                    You want a quitter to be first Raptor whose number is retired?
                    It is not about holding a grudge. VC burned the bridge.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      +1 again.

DeRozan can't create something out of nothing but give him some space via screen or a lane via ball movement with a couple of shooters to ensure the lane doesn't get closed by the help and he can definitely create something. If the defense cheats on the screen or closes out to take away the drive, he does have a good mid-range game.

Which reminds me.... a lot of players in today's game can drive and shoot the three but they do not have a mid range game. I give DeRozan as much grief as anyone but a good mid-range game is a valuable skill and there are a lot of teams out there who have players lacking the skill.
                      Lets look at it from a different angle. It is not about "who is better" but can JJ Redick "push" DD?
                      Maybe a bit of competition for a starter & 2nd guy gets to be a prime option with second unit

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        "Kevin Love and guard Ricky Rubio moving forward. Kahn said beyond those two players, any possibility to make the team better is on the table and all potential moves will be explored. "

don't know about you guys but I would ship out quite a bit if it could land us Derrick Williams and Nicola Peckovic
                        I think you are dreaming. The way djetic (Pekovic) played this year, he is all but untradable.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                          The way djetic (Pekovic) played this year, he is all but untradable.
                          I'll have to agree with this.

If Pekovic is as good as the TWolves think, he'll have to prove them wrong before they let him go.

A guy that big, putting up the numbers that he did? Rare commodity.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            if williams could be had for ed or amir wouldn't you do it? he would be an immediate upgrade at the 3 to what we have, he didn't have a horrible rookie year, came off the bench a couple times shooting lights out. is two years removed from being the best player in college ball. he is one of the few from last years draft that didn't artificially get bumped up from others dropping out. only barnes might have gone higher than him last year.
                            By all means. If we could get him for Ed and/or Amir -I'd say yes. If our draft choice is involved....click.
                            Lets face it. He did not have a defined role. Back and forth with Beasley...
                            However, since Minnie if set to part ways with Beasley, Williams is not going anywhere.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              I'll have to agree with this.

If Pekovic is as good as the TWolves think, he'll have to prove them wrong before they let him go.

A guy that big, putting up the numbers that he did? Rare commodity.
                              In addition: Pekovic does not require (yet) too many plays for him. Most of his points are on putbacks & broken plays.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                                The way djetic (Pekovic) played this year, he is all but untradable.
                                Apologies if this is a silly questions, but I'm just a wee bit curious; is djetic his actual name? Or something along those lines?

Comment

Working...
                                X