Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Apologies if this is a silly questions, but I'm just a wee bit curious; is djetic his actual name? Or something along those lines?
    Djetic - a nickname for any brave, good looking, proud young man from Montenegro (only 99.8% qualify).
    Last edited by Mapko; Tue May 15, 2012, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Well, he may be young, talented, rich, and good looking. But, you know what... Fuck him!
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
        Well, he may be young, talented, rich, and good looking. But, you know what... Fuck him!
        Personally not my type, but he can play.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
          Well, he may be young, talented, rich, and good looking.
          Have you seen Pekovic?? haha

Comment

• He went into his barber shop and asked for the "Vlade Divac".

Comment

• Grain of salt needed

I found these tweets in Canada.com Raptors blog by Hasan Alanain suggesting Toronto is going to be the one pushing Portland's hand when it comes to signing Batum:

Mike Rice ‏ @mikerice6

Rumor has it that team that will give blazers run for nic wont be S.A.(no money) but will be raptors. Lots of money& love euro players
              Mike Rice ‏ @mikerice6

"@CHold: @mikerice6 there's more teams than that"not with money & desire to sign. It will be raptors & blazers in 3 day war

Btw, Mike Rice is the Trailblazers TV announcer so this is like getting a rumour from Matt Devlin on the Blazers. This is why I titled the post "Grain of salt needed".

In discussing Raptor options this summer, here is Alanam's write up on free agency:

If the Raptors waive the trade exception and everyone’s cap hold, excluding Bayless’, they would have roughly a little bit over $4 million in cap room along with the new Mini-Mid Level Exception. If they waive Bayless’ cap hold, they would have close to 12 million in cap room along with the mini exception. They can increase that number to a bit above $22 million if they use the amnesty provision on Jose Calderon, which the Raptors most likely won’t.
              That number is big enough to bring in two difference makers this summer. One of them could be restricted free agent Nicolas Batum of the Portland Trailblazers. His name has been linked to the Raptors and it will certainly take a big offer to pry him away from the Trailblazers.

Comment

• If they were to do a S&T then maybe they could include Amir or Kleiza. If they signed Batum for say $10M/yr that would offset the contract by $4-6M, leaving them with enough flexibility to pursue one more guy who fits in with the changes. Assuming they have the $12M cap space scenario and Batum comes in at $10M, the offset of Amir outbound would leave them with $8M in cap space. That's enough to also sign a guy like possibly Nash, Dragic, Lin, Lee, Mayo, Fields, Meeks, Augustin, Fernandez, etc...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  If they were to do a S&T then maybe they could include Amir or Kleiza. If they signed Batum for say $10M/yr that would offset the contract by $4-6M, leaving them with enough flexibility to pursue one more guy who fits in with the changes.
                  That would be ideal but I don't see the Blazers helping out the Raptors in acquiring Batum.

What I would like to see is a situation where the threat of the Raptors thwarting the Blazers plans see them make a trade with Toronto whereby the Raptors could move up or down in the draft and acquire Wesley Matthews.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I found these tweets in Canada.com Raptors blog by Hasan Alanain suggesting Toronto is going to be the one pushing Portland's hand when it comes to signing Batum:
                    Sometimes when I read post's like this (like the one about the interest in Nash) I'm wondering if the writers of those tweets and articles visit this forum and use your posts as a 'source' about what the Raptor's are going to do

Comment

• It would be better than the NY media who apparently use a Magic 8 ball as their primary source.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        Sometimes when I read post's like this (like the one about the interest in Nash) I'm wondering if the writers of those tweets and articles visit this forum and use your posts as a 'source' about what the Raptor's are going to do
                        Too funny - and hopefully far from the truth.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Too funny - and hopefully far from the truth.
                          Apparently some ESPN writer was just caught plagerizing a poster from a Spurs forum....
                          Would not be surprised if anyone reads these forums for ideas...

Edit:
                          Here is the link:
                          http://deadspin.com/5910612/?utm_cam...ium=socialflow

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
                            Apparently some ESPN writer was just caught plagerizing a poster from a Spurs forum....

Edit:
                            Here is the link:
                            Wow.... just wow.

Comment

• We need to start copyrighting our post before somebody gets a radio show thanks to "Everything Bargnani".

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post

Edit:
                                Here is the link:
                                BAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAAAAAAA! Wow! What an absolute moron, hahahahahaa.

Best abdominal workout in a long while.

Comment

Working...
                                X