• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.newsday.com/sports/basket...pail-1.3742508

North Babylon's Danny Green brings Spurs' lunch pail

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
      Dragic is expected to be targeted by several teams offering that opportunity, but Morey said the Rockets intend to sign Dragic. The GM and McHale met with Dragic after the season.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...e-to-move-on/? utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

i wonder if Lowry is available at all then?
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        i wonder if Lowry is available at all then?
        Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Comment

• oh my god oh my god oh my god
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Just read that Lowry and Alvin Williams are really close, too. Villinova connection.

HMMMMMMMMM
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Danny Green brings Spurs lunch pail

Danny Green is living out his dream with the San Antonio Spurs, not long after self-doubt had him questioning whether he would make it in the NBA.

The North Babylon native has bounced around since graduating from North Carolina in 2009, but he enjoyed a breakout season for the NBA's best team and doesn't want it to end just yet.

Green will start at shooting guard Sunday night when the Spurs, winners of 18 consecutive games dating to the regular season, open the Western Conference finals against the Oklahoma City Thunder. That's surreal for Green -- and could be topped only by starting in the NBA Finals in two weeks.

"I'm living my dream right now," Green said. "It would be one of my long-term goals accomplished sooner than I thought it would. A lot of my long-term goals have been accomplished this year, faster than I thought.

"Everything is coming so fast for me; it's hard for me to let it sink in or believe it. I'm starting. I'm playing in the playoffs. I'm starting in the Western Conference finals."

Green, 24, admits to pinching himself every now and again, and for different reasons. Sometimes he does it because he's playing for Gregg Popovich and with Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. (When he was growing up, Green said, he had a Duncan jersey.) Other times, it's because his road here left Green thinking the NBA wasn't in his future.

The Cavaliers drafted Green in the second round in 2009 and cut him before the start of the 2010-11 season. The Spurs picked him up and waived him two weeks later. He played for three D-League teams, and for Union Olimpija in Slovenia during the 2011 lockout.

"When I got cut from Cleveland, they weren't one of the best teams in the NBA at the time, so I had some doubts," Green said. "I didn't think I was going to get back into the league. I wasn't sure it was going to happen for me. When I was let go from here the first time, teams weren't calling. I didn't think it was going to ever happen then. I was home for two months and I didn't know what was going on."

Green might be the perfect embodiment of the Spurs. They're a team that gets little publicity, is overlooked or underappreciated, and thrives through hard work, dedication and following the game plan.

Through his ups and downs, Green, who went to North Babylon High and graduated from St. Mary's in Manhasset, believed he belonged in the NBA. His family gave him support and encouragement and he remained hungry and driven.

Even now, after establishing himself with San Antonio and showing he can knock down shots and defend multiple positions, Green won't allow himself to lose that drive and believe he has arrived. He plans to continue to prove he belongs in the NBA, much the way he did when he stepped in for Ginobili after he broke his hand in January.

"I gained confidence and Pop's trust and my coaching staff and my teammates that they trust and believe in me," Green said. "They can count on me to be that guy that knocks down the shot when they need it or plays good defense when they need somebody to play good defense or make the little plays or winning plays that they need."

Green started 38 regular-season games for the Spurs and averaged 9.1 points. In the playoffs, he's averaging 10.4 points, including 12.3 in the Spurs' sweep of the Clippers in the conference semifinals.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basket...pail-1.3742508
              If DeMar was traded, I'd look at Green to start - this assumes a big time SF is also starting.

If DeMar was kept, I'd look at Green to play heavy minutes off the bench.

Comment

• something tells me he'll stay with the spurs for less
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  Just read that Lowry and Alvin Williams are really close, too. Villinova connection.

HMMMMMMMMM
                  Morey has a reputation around the league to overvalue his players and picks.

Outside of the 8th pick and JV or DD (if Martin was traded), I'm not sure what the Raptors could offer that would get the attention of Morey.

Comment

• http://blogs.canoe.ca/courtside/gene...ick-the-tires/

I have to admit, I haven't watched a ton of Houston games over the past few seasons, so I don't know Lowry's game as well as I'd like to... aside from what I hear being said/written about him. I'm curious to get RR's take on Lowry and, more importantly from a Raptors perspective, what it might cost BC to acquire him.

Comment

• I'm a big Lowry fan. He's a excellent defender and rebounder. Good scorer, runs the pick and roll pretty effectively. I know Casey loves him too.

Like Matt said though, the price would probably be way too steep. They'll most likely flip him for Gasol in some manner of trade.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Would you guys be willing to trade our pick for Lowry?
                        Assuming its not top 3.

Comment

• I will add to Ceez' remarks that he also has an alpha personality (leader type which is desirable in your pg). I am curious though what it is that made his relationship with McHale problematic to the level it has. I mean you dont want to have someone so strongheaded (D Will comes to mind) that he starts throwing around ultimatums. And he hasnt really done anything.

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
                            Would you guys be willing to trade our pick for Lowry?
                            Assuming its not top 3.
                            I would for the 8th spot but I would check my concerns (see above post) first.

Comment

• The Alvin Williams connection would play a huge role if this happens.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind giving up some assets to get Lowry, but I'd rather not giveup this year's lottery pick. However, if the Raps stay at #8, it might not be a bad idea to swap it for Houston's 2 lower 1st round picks. The Raps could conceivably come away with a pair of players like Marshall and a wing, in addition to Lowry. In that scenario, Calderon immediately becomes a trade chip.

Comment

Working...
                                X