View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

13 33.33%
  • Batum

15 38.46%
  • Mayo

2 5.13%
  • Lin

2 5.13%
  • Lee

1 2.56%
  • Fields

4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

1 2.56%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • L.Williams

0 0%
  • Green

1 2.56%
Page 58 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1585

Thread: Free Agency 2012

Post Thanks / Like

"cool hair"
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    Right, because Calderon is me-first and lacks leadership skills. /s

Don't let this Nash thing get to your head.
    jose is a good PG hes just not suited for the offence were trying to run.. as for team guy.. ull never find more team first guys then nash & jose.. both class in that regard..

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    Right, because Calderon is me-first and lacks leadership skills. /s

Don't let this Nash thing get to your head.
    Nash is not getting to my head.. but Calderon is not really a leader. He may not be 'me-first', but that doesn't make him a leader. Can you give me examples that show Calderon is a leader? He has definitely not won many games for us, that's for sure. I don't think he's ever stepped it up in the playoffs. Guys don't huddle around him and listen to what he has to say. I like Calderon, but he is no where near Nash in terms of what he can do on the court.

Post Thanks / Like

... also why bring up Calderon? Isn't this thread about Dragic?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jbml wrote: View Post
    Leandro Barbosa: "I'm really happy because seven teams have already made a proposal for me. I'm relaxed as my market is doing good. There is a lot of free agents in the same situation and this is normal in the NBA. Now I just have to control my anxiety and look forward to a good contract." Basketeria
    Rumors tagsFree Agency, Leandrinho Barbosa | share Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

Leandro Barbosa: "I'd ratter not talk about proposals. I still have the option to re-sign with the Indiana Pacers. I am carefully analyzing that. I don't like to change from here to there. I came in the middle of the season, it was hard, but seems that they liked me there." Basketeria
    Rumors tagsIndiana Pacers, Free Agency, Leandrinho Barbosa | share Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

Leandro Barbosa: "When I'm on the court, I focus entirely on the work I'm doing with the Brazilian Team. The problem is when I'm resting at the hotel. I end up thinking about my future. I get really anxious." Basketeria
    Rumors tagsFree Agency, Leandrinho Barbosa | share Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
    Can't believe no mention here yet about the Raptors signing Landry Fields to a poison pill contract (verbal). Sorry cannot post the link since on my phone. On ESPN.com.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Can't believe no mention here yet about the Raptors signing Landry Fields to a poison pill contract (verbal). Sorry cannot post the link since on my phone. On ESPN.com.
    Oh, we know already Maleko!

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ar-offer-sheet

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris Broussard just said that Toronto has a good shot of getting Nash at the :33 second mark of this video while talking about Jason Terry and the Dallas Mavs. Don't know where he got that idea about Nash and the Raps from but I like hearing that instead of all the other people saying that Nash is not going to Toronto. Just thought I would throw that out there. Peace! http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...ct-sources-say

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Ive been saying this since last season. I really see no reason to get Nash over Dragic other than selling seats.
    +10000000000000000000
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Rookie pillowmint's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    "cool hair"
    +2
    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam Amick: Source confirms Brooklyn is nearing a sign & trade deal with the Clippers for F Reggie Evans. Nets would send future 2nd rounder to Clips. Twitter

I guess we will have to sick Acy after him

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

ason Terry on why he likely will sign with Boston: “I just love that they have a championship pedigree. And I think their point guard (Rajon Rondo) is the best in the business at controlling both ends of the floor. And they’ve got Hall of Famers.’’
    25 minutes ago
    Alex Kennedy: Boston was zeroing in on O.J. Mayo, but he wanted more than the mid-level exception. Celtics couldn't afford Mayo so Jason Terry was Plan B. Twitter
    Adrian Wojnarowski: As @Marc J. Spears reports, Celtics finalizing deal with Jason Terry. Boston is still determined to keep Ray Allen too, sources say. Twitter
    Terry to Boston

Hurts Dallas's chance for Nash?
    Last edited by jbml; Tue Jul 3rd, 2012 at 04:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

if anything its better, they have mo money
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

planetmars wrote"For those wanting Dragic.. are you seeing him as the PG of the future.. the guy that we can eventually win a championship with? Or do you just see a guy running the ship for a few years until we find that guy?

Nash is a perennial all-star, a two time MVP, and possibly future HOFer. He has not regressed even at his age. He like Chris Paul (and possibly Rondo) make guys around him better. No other PG really does that. Nash is a team-first guy and is a true leader that we haven't had for years (possibly since Oak was here). Remember, Nash is the guy that lead a mediocre Phoenix team to the conference finals in 2010 before losing out to the Lakers. They nearly made the playoffs in the West last year when they have essentially nobody except Nash. Nash is not just good, he's one of the best.

If the goal is to continue to tank then yes, Nash is a bad move - but as this past year showed us - we suck hard at tanking. Plus next years draft is supposed to be really bad.

If the goal is to get a young PG that can become an all-star then IMO Dragic is not the guy. He's good but I'd rank him as maybe above average. I don't see him ever being an all-star. He can carry a team, but you won't get anything spectacular out of him. Plus he'd be commanding about $10M a year as well. I'd rather give that money to Nash. It's kind of ironic too, because I don't think Dragic would be commanding $10M a year if it wasn't for Nash.

My opinions have nothing to do with Nash selling seats. I don't give a rats ass if Toronto sells out its games. I want the Raps to become champions, and even though I don't see it happening in the next 3 years - I do see a winning culture shift with Nash on board - and that's the direction I want this team to head towards."

I absolutely do see Dragic as a possibility for PG Of The Future. There is no way to look at a guy that young who has just auditioned for a starting job by posting solid points/assists/percentages during his stint as the starter in Houston as a 2 year, stop gap solution. That's the kind of response to being thrust into a starting role that you look for.

If you sign Nash to that big deal are you not also resigning your team to continuing the search for your PG of the future?
    Last edited by camanda; Tue Jul 3rd, 2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: adding quote from another poster

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I would rather take a chance on Bayless than on Dragic. I still like what Bayless can bring and would take a chance on him for say 4-5 mil/year then Dragic at 10. Calderon is a decent PG but lets look at Bayless. he was solid as a starter.

Another possibility is Jonny Flynn. He really impressed me in his college days and I want to see what he can bring at the NBA level given a ligit chance. He has some canadian fans too considering he grew up in Niagara

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote camanda wrote: View Post
    planetmars wrote"For those wanting Dragic.. are you seeing him as the PG of the future.. the guy that we can eventually win a championship with? Or do you just see a guy running the ship for a few years until we find that guy?

Nash is a perennial all-star, a two time MVP, and possibly future HOFer. He has not regressed even at his age. He like Chris Paul (and possibly Rondo) make guys around him better. No other PG really does that. Nash is a team-first guy and is a true leader that we haven't had for years (possibly since Oak was here). Remember, Nash is the guy that lead a mediocre Phoenix team to the conference finals in 2010 before losing out to the Lakers. They nearly made the playoffs in the West last year when they have essentially nobody except Nash. Nash is not just good, he's one of the best.

If the goal is to continue to tank then yes, Nash is a bad move - but as this past year showed us - we suck hard at tanking. Plus next years draft is supposed to be really bad.

If the goal is to get a young PG that can become an all-star then IMO Dragic is not the guy. He's good but I'd rank him as maybe above average. I don't see him ever being an all-star. He can carry a team, but you won't get anything spectacular out of him. Plus he'd be commanding about $10M a year as well. I'd rather give that money to Nash. It's kind of ironic too, because I don't think Dragic would be commanding $10M a year if it wasn't for Nash.

My opinions have nothing to do with Nash selling seats. I don't give a rats ass if Toronto sells out its games. I want the Raps to become champions, and even though I don't see it happening in the next 3 years - I do see a winning culture shift with Nash on board - and that's the direction I want this team to head towards."

I absolutely do see Dragic as a possibility for PG Of The Future. There is no way to look at a guy that young who has just auditioned for a starting job by posting solid points/assists/percentages during his stint as the starter in Houston as a 2 year, stop gap solution. That's the kind of response to being thrust into a starting role that you look for.

If you sign Nash to that big deal are you not also resigning your team to continuing the search for your PG of the future?
    remember the stint Bayless had starting the games.. with your reasoning he could be the PG of the future.. not tht i think he is..just saying, players can go on streches & look great..doesnt mean they can maintain it.. & i think Dragic will be average no more.. & def. not worth 10mill.
    i for one am hopeing for nash but if that falls through i hope they decide to stay with Jose rather then the others avail to us at the moment. other then D.Will Nash is the only other PG avail. right now that is better then Jose..IMO
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Jul 3rd, 2012 at 05:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote camanda wrote: View Post

The Raptors are years away from finding a super-star talent that can take us to the next level, or to help create a winning culture. I do not believe that Dragic can do that for us. He is a nice player, but no where near what Nash can do for us.

Yes you are right in that we would still need to find a PG for the future. But why is there such a hurry? I think if we can get Nash, he can help change our culture, and then in a year get a young PG (maybe via the draft) to work with Nash so that he could eventually become our guy in 2-3 years. Wall for example has a lot of potential to be great, but leading a bunch of young guys with no experience did nothing for Washington. Irving won ROY and has shown to be an excellent player, but again Cleveland ended up with a horrible record last year.

If the intention is to continue to tank, then yes Dragic is a good choice. Maybe even Bayless for a season. Personally I would rather keep Jose for a year then. But if the intention is to help change our identity and shift our culture into one that is no longer the laughing stock of the league, then I go for a guy that can do that. Nash is one of a handful of guys in the league that has that capability, even at his advanced age. I think it would be a mistake not to go after him.

Again my endorsement has nothing to do with how many tickets MLSE can sell.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    The Raptors are years away from finding a super-star talent that can take us to the next level, or to help create a winning culture. I do not believe that Dragic can do that for us. He is a nice player, but no where near what Nash can do for us.

Yes you are right in that we would still need to find a PG for the future. But why is there such a hurry? I think if we can get Nash, he can help change our culture, and then in a year get a young PG (maybe via the draft) to work with Nash so that he could eventually become our guy in 2-3 years. Wall for example has a lot of potential to be great, but leading a bunch of young guys with no experience did nothing for Washington. Irving won ROY and has shown to be an excellent player, but again Cleveland ended up with a horrible record last year.

If the intention is to continue to tank, then yes Dragic is a good choice. Maybe even Bayless for a season. Personally I would rather keep Jose for a year then. But if the intention is to help change our identity and shift our culture into one that is no longer the laughing stock of the league, then I go for a guy that can do that. Nash is one of a handful of guys in the league that has that capability, even at his advanced age. I think it would be a mistake not to go after him.

Again my endorsement has nothing to do with how many tickets MLSE can sell.
    I can see your point, while I still think that Dragic is more than a stop-gap I wouldn't howl if Nash came aboard and accomplished the things you've outlined.

I think that at the very least we can all agree that it's nice to be able to start having these options and possible outcomes to discuss! Maybe, finally, we're about to become a threat in the NBA!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Thanks... I was already worried about an AK47 signing, this just makes it worst. Unless we can get Nash in a S&T, it would mean we'd have to amnesty Jose, which I'm not a fan of. I hope Kirilenko is low on their wish list.
    you are not a fan of jose or amnestying him?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a way to keep calderon and sign dragic? Salary experts please find out!

That would be potent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    you are not a fan of jose or amnestying him?
    not a fan of amnestying him.. I think Jose should net us something whether it is a future pick or something.

Page 58 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast

Thread Information