Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Jalen Rose had a bigger impact in Toronto than T-Mac in my opinion. After J left they had Jorge Garbajosa who was as solid as they come: tough as nails, strong defender, one of the smartest guys on the court, could knock down shots, rebounder, dived for loose balls, took charges no matter the violent impact coming his way and he was a strong leader. Jorge actually in my opinion is one of the most underrated players in Raptors history and arguably the most effective SF we've ever seen here.
    Agreed, and part of the reason i'd kind of prefer signing a guy like Rush or trading for Wright instead of overspending for Batum or throwing a bunch of players and picks at Gay.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Count Lee Out

NBA sources told FOX 26 Sports the Rockets plan to give Lee the required tender by June 30 that will make him a restricted free agent, giving Houston the right to match any offer he gets.

League sources told FOX 26 the Rockets will exercise that right, matching any offer Lee gets, keeping him in a Houston uniform.
      Source: Fox

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Well there goes our plan of getting him ...

Comment

• There goes the old: "move derozan to SF and sign Courtney Lee to play SG" strategy. I kind of liked this idea too.
          "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• Donte Greene

Didn't get a QO from the Kings. If the team doesn't get a SF through the draft or trade what do you think about Greene in free agency? He's a underrated defender and very athletic.

As far as FA goes I prefer Rush but Greene would be way cheaper.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• He couldn't get burn in Sacramento.
              His numbers are dreadful.
              He adds nothing to what the Raptors need/want.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

(all my opinion of course).

Comment

• Jamal Crawford has sent his letter to Portland saying he is becoming a free agent.

Portland has about $30-32M committed to salaries next year - including 2 possible picks.

Everyone can put Batum to Toronto hopes/dreams/thoughts to rest..... it is not going to happen.

Comment

• Andrei Kirilenko and Mo Williams

The raptors may keep their draft pick tomorrow and wait for free agency to make trades and get talent. If so, what does everyone think of Andrei Kirilenko, and Mo Williams?

In my opinion Kirilenko is just a winner. He doesn't even have to score, because he impacts the game in so many way. The Raps could use a player like this.

Mo Williams was on the verge of being an all star before Lebron left. Plus you could get him cheap.

Comment

• Negs on both
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Negs on both

Comment

• Yep, their not my first option, but I could see their names in play this summer... and they could be the best value for the buck.

Comment

• Colangelo's interest in AK was written about earlier in the year.

Comment

• speedbag wrote: View Post

Mo Williams was on the verge of being an all star before Lebron left. Plus you could get him cheap.
                            for me this just says mo was close to having lebron get him to the all star game before reality came back. mo to me is a 6th man shooter/playmaker but mo to mo is the all star that lebron almost made him.

Comment

• After a rocky start to his career that has been challenged by hip surgery and two trades since being selected No. 6 out of Syracuse in the 2009 NBA draft, Jonny Flynn is seeking a fresh start this offseason and just might find it with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Flynn has identified six teams -- the Lakers, Portland, Phoenix, Toronto, Chicago, and Brooklyn -- as potential destinations and should find mutual interest from the potential suitors, according to a source close to the unrestricted free agent point guard.
                              Flynn, 23, averaged 13.5 points and 4.4 assists per game in his rookie season with the Minnesota Timberwolves when Sessions was his backup, but has struggled to find a consistent role since then. During the 2011 draft, he was traded from Minnesota to the Houston Rockets where he was the third point guard in coach Kevin McHale's rotation behind Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic. Houston traded Flynn to the Portland Trail Blazers in March. Flynn backed up Raymond Felton and Nolan Smith in Portland before getting a chance at significant playing time late in the season. Flynn averaged 10.7 points and 7.3 assists when given the opportunity to play 20 minutes or more in four games for the Blazers, including 18 points and 11 assists in Portland's regular-season finale.
                              http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...on-flynns-list

If his hip was healthy I'd have no problem giving Flynn a shot on a VERY cheap contract in a third PG role. He might actually surprise and earn his time at backup...... and if he doesn't, it was a minimal risk.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...on-flynns-list

If his hip was healthy I'd have no problem giving Flynn a shot on a VERY cheap contract in a third PG role. He might actually surprise and earn his time at backup...... and if he doesn't, it was a minimal risk.
                                Except if it is very cheap and for 3rd string he goes to the Lakers or Bulls. Not saying I would pay more just saying he wouldn't be here.

Comment

Working...
                                X