Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N wrote: View Post
    Where's this point guard of the future coming from?

From 15th-20th picks in the draft while Nash is here? Rondo's don't just come around every year.

If you're going to go for it with an aging superstar actually go for it, stop doing shit half assed. We half ass tanking, we half ass free agency, don't half ass this.
    Beautiful. Thank you very much.

Comment

• To Joey and CRF: I think Nash is a real possibility in TO, but the team I'd keep my eye on the most are the Dallas Mavericks. They have cap space and i know Nash would love to play with his best buddy in the whole world, Dirk Nowitzki.

Comment

• I've wanted Nash on the Raps for a long time.. but $12M a year is a little much. Hopefully that's a front loaded deal.. don't want to spend all our cap on Nash when we still need a SF, a backup C, and a backup PG.

I'd love a S&T.. that way we can give back assets and still have cap room for other free agents.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I've wanted Nash on the Raps for a long time.. but $12M a year is a little much. Hopefully that's a front loaded deal.. don't want to spend all our cap on Nash when we still need a SF, a backup C, and a backup PG.

I'd love a S&T.. that way we can give back assets and still have cap room for other free agents.
          $12m is not a lot for an elite PG... Thats not to say I am down for the signing.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            $12m is not a lot for an elite PG... Thats not to say I am down for the signing.
            Looks like KG got 3 years / $34M from Boston. Nash will most likely get a similar contract.

Perhaps first 2 years @ $12M, 3rd year player option @ $10M? Was hoping for a 3 year / $30M contract, but there is no way Nash makes less than KG.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
              To Joey and CRF: I think Nash is a real possibility in TO, but the team I'd keep my eye on the most are the Dallas Mavericks. They have cap space and i know Nash would love to play with his best buddy in the whole world, Dirk Nowitzki.
              Totally agree. Especially if you believe the rumor that Kidd will sign wherever DWill signs, to be his backup, whether it's in Brooklyn (more likely) or Dalls (less likely). If DWill/Kidd sign in Brooklyn and Nash signs in Toronto, Dalls could get screwed, with regards to PG. I wonder who they look to then? Trade for Lowry or Calderon perhaps? Calderon would be a decent PG to play alongside Dirk, but he's probably their 'Plan H'.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                Where's this point guard of the future coming from?

From 15th-20th picks in the draft while Nash is here? Rondo's don't just come around every year.

If you're going to go for it with an aging superstar actually go for it, stop doing shit half assed. We half ass tanking, we half ass free agency, don't half ass this.
                No. This is a 2-3 year plan else I am not on board. If Nash is coming on it's not because he wants to get a ring or get deep into the playoffs while he is playing. I would lose respect for his intellect and in his reasons for the choice. He comes for "larger" reasons. To get this franchise on a path of at least upper eastern seed sustainability. I even see him thinking of being the GM of the future here and be the attraction for valued free agents signing here. I have no idea who the free agent PGs are going to be or who might be available in a trade over that period.

I do believe you are thinking very short term. And I do not discount that this off season is a very important period and the decision making and execution here is most important but must NOT be hastened.
                Last edited by Bendit; Sat Jun 30, 2012, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• i guess Rashard Lewis (the newly free agent rashard lewis) is a bit past his prime, no?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    i guess Rashard Lewis (the newly free agent rashard lewis) is a bit past his prime, no?
                    If this was directed to me ...yes.

RL is not on the same plane as Nash and has not been for a few years now...if ever, to deserve the contract he got. Nash would not over stay his welcome and is as altruistic a player and person as they come. Call me a fan of his.

Comment

• If we land Nash, we probably need another SF. What y'all thinking of the 40 yrs old Grant Hill?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        If we land Nash, we probably need another SF. What y'all thinking of the 40 yrs old Grant Hill?
                        I feel the obligation to trot out the "he's married to a Canadian". From Windsor no less. Maybe we can get Stevie Y to make a pitch

Comment

• Sorry I don't understand your answer :P You think we should try to sign him for cheap or not?

Comment

Sorry I don't understand your answer :P You think we should try to sign him for cheap or not?
                            I guess it wasn't really an answer either way. In the end, you can never go wrong by having grant hill on your team (for the right price). Unfortunately, I think we made need a bit more that Hill. Just read that D12 has once again poked his head out and asked for a trade...to the Nets. Seeing as though I have more players signed so far than the Nets, I assume they have the cap room. But what can they trade? Can't trade a 1st yr pick again (not next year's). Will the magic have to take Broken Lopez and spare parts with a gun to their head? If it goes down, the atlantic just got a lot tougher. Should be an interesting showdown between D12 and the new GM. All this, of course, is based on accepting tweets as facts.

Comment

• I know we need more than Hill. Just as much as we need more than Nash as our point guard of the future. But building a great team takes time. Surrounding our core young guns with those type of players, with the coach we have, I think this would simply be great. We could wait next summer to see who will be our starting small forward for years to come. Hill, JJ and Kleiza? I think that's a pretty good start.

Comment

I know we need more than Hill. Just as much as we need more than Nash as our point guard of the future. But building a great team takes time. Surrounding our core young guns with those type of players, with the coach we have, I think this would simply be great. We could wait next summer to see who will be our starting small forward for years to come. Hill, JJ and Kleiza? I think that's a pretty good start.
                                Don't get me wrong...I'd be happy with Hill as a piece of this team. I was just reacting to the news that Dwight has asked for a trade to the Nets again. And between this post and the last, I see that the Nets are in discussions to get Joe Johnson from atlanta for a bunch of expiring contracts. Hmmmm, isn't that the kind of deal we're looking for. Well, not $20 million of Joe Johnson but hopefully that starts a trend.

Comment

Working...
                                X