No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Colangelo is going all in, Batum would be a great addition. The mechanics of how it happens I suspect requires a sign & trade either with or even better with both .....Phoenix for Nash or with Portland for Batum.
    So I would offer Calderon as a sign & trade for Nash. They will need a point guard when Nash even after drafting K.Marshall.
    We could offer a sign & trade with Portland..... A. Johnson, & J.Johnson since will we offer $10 mil + for Batum.

I will definitely need to keep Bayless as a combo guard to back up Nash. Then we need a veteran center to teach JV the ropes.

Comment

• lets use some of this flexibility i hear about
      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I wonder if this is why Stefanski didn't go with the contingent that is meeting with Nash?

The timing would be perfect, if Portland does indeed make a maximum offer to Hibbert. Portland may not be able to match the offer, if their cap space is tied up in the Hibbert offer... but I'm afraid to get my hopes up too much for a Valanciunas, Bargnani, Batum, DeRozan and Nash starting lineup...
        That is a real nice starting line-up and with i think we would be a deep team as well. I think we have a lot of players that we can ship out due to our depth at the bench if BC can land batum and nash (ed,jj, klezia, amir) a package of those players plus a draft pick or two can land us a servicable sixth man

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
          That is a real nice starting line-up and with i think we would be a deep team as well. I think we have a lot of players that we can ship out due to our depth at the bench if BC can land batum and nash (ed,jj, klezia, amir) a package of those players plus a draft pick or two can land us a servicable sixth man
          I could see Calderon (mentor for Marshall) or Bayless (hometown boy) going to Phoenix. Perhaps Weems and/or JJ too.

Portland might like Calderon as a mentor for Lillard and would probably like Davis as backup for Aldridge. They might even like JJ as a positional replacement for Batum.

Starters: Valanciunas, Bargnani, Batum, DeRozan, Nash

2nd Unit: Gray, Amir, Kleiza, Ross, ??? (Acy could replace Gray when they want to play with a smaller lineup)
          - Ross could become a great 6th man (or eventually replace DeRozan in the starting lineup, allowing DD to flourish in the 6th man role).

As for the backup PG, the Raps could go young (Jonny Flynn) or with another veteran (Kirk Hinrich would be a great fit behind Nash, especially with his 3pt shooting abilities). They could offer the MLE to Hinrich, perhaps. That would leave Toronto with a 14-man roster that is only about $5M over the salary cap.
          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Sun Jul 1, 2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Whatever happens, it will happen soon. Batum said several times that he wants to sign his contract in the first 5 days of July, cause right now he's sitting on the bench at France's olympic training camp for insurance reasons. He plans on flying to the US (or hopefully to Canada) once decided, but not after July 10th when they will move to London.

Time Pressure could actually in our favor...

Comment

• Toronto is going to have to offer a crazy amount of dollars for Portland not to match..like 14-15 mil a season. And at that point, he's nowhere near worth that kind of money.

Comment

• What they could do is contact Olshey, tell them that they're planning on putting forth an offer to Batum, and tell them that they'd be willing to offer something like DeRozan and Davis for a second round pick if Portland doesn't match.

Comment

• there seems to be alot of gross overspending (overoffering) going on right now..(Hibbert max deal from portland)(Asik & rockets at 8mill) heck even dragic thinks hes worth 10mill..its getting crazy already & its only 10:45am LOL T.O will need to back up the brinks truck...look for everyones TV bills to go up very soon LOL

Comment

• Toronto probably won't make a move until Nash decides... Ugh... They need to be on this NOW. Portland sounds like they won't match any offer if they're offer Hibbert max money(ridiculous).

On the flip side with this early overspending there will probably be some deals to be had later.

Comment

• Looks like Wallace is going to stay with the Nets (4yr/$40M):
                      http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ce-sources-say

.... phew

Comment

• Oh...and Minnesota's offer to Batum...

Batum has offer from Minnesota and meetings with Toronto, New Orleans

Sunday, July 01, 2012, 1:45am
                        Chris Haynes, CSNNW.com Trail Blazers Insider (@ChrisBHaynes)

Portland Trail Blazers restricted free agent forward, Nicolas Batum, has been contacted by the Minnesota Timberwolves and what is being called a "serious offer" has been made and discussed and the two sides will meet in Minnesota later today to deliberate on it further, according to a source very close to the situation.

The detailed figures that are being mulled over is a four-year, $45-50 million deal.

LINK

Comment

• Apparently Minny is going hard after Batum. According to Zach Lowe (CNNSI), they would need to amnesty Webster, get Miller to retire and renounce all their free agents, in order to offer Batum $10M.

Obviously Toronto could achieve that by using amnesty Calderon. I still think a S&T could interest Portland if they knew they couldn't match. I bet they'd at least be interested in Davis as a backup for Aldridge, given that they didn't tender Hickson.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            Apparently Minny is going hard after Batum. According to Zach Lowe (CNNSI), they would need to amnesty Webster, get Miller to retire and renounce all their free agents, in order to offer Batum $10M.

Obviously Toronto could achieve that by using amnesty Calderon. I still think a S&T could interest Portland if they knew they couldn't match. I bet they'd at least be interested in Davis as a backup for Aldridge, given that they didn't tender Hickson.
                            I think Minny has better assets for a S&T unfortunately. They could trade a package including guys like Pekovic and Derrick Williams. Portland is rebuilding/retooling, I think Williams would be a good guy to have on the roster. Calderon is an expiring asset, but Portland has a lot of cap space already - not sure if that would interest them that much.

Just trying to play devil's advocate.

I'm 50/50 on Batum. He has potential - not sure if $12M a year is worth it. Although I'd take him over Ilyasova.

Comment

• SG bargains

Some potential bargains at SG = C.J Miles, Jamal Crawford, Josh Howard, Danny Green, Micheal Redd, Gerald Green, Brandon Roy
                              Source: Twitter @TommyBeer

I realize they just drafted a wing but if they could get a guy like Redd for very cheap they should do it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Source: Twitter @TommyBeer

I realize they just drafted a wing but if they could get a guy like Redd for very cheap they should do it.
                                Totally agree. Redd still has knock-down shooting capability.

Comment

Working...
                                X