• Portland has bird rights on batum

Max offer to hibbert means n

Comment

• .... Means n

Comment

• Fucking phone....

Means nothing.

Comment

• Portland offering a max deal to hibbert...have to pay aldridge $14 mill this year. Is Batum going to complete their big three? I guess they have a cheap young point guard though. Maybe a front loaded deal would help. Is he worth it?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            Totally agree. Redd still has knock-down shooting capability.
            I'll take a pass on Redd. He shot 32% last year from the 3 (which was his best % in 3 years). I know he has been hurt through the last few years, but there are much better shooters out there that are a lot younger and healthier.
            “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
            ― John Wooden

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Fucking phone....

Means nothing.
              at some point the salaries add up though, no (luxury wise)? $14 mill for LA this year, max for hibbert (about $14)and 10-12 for batum. $40 million for three guys and going up. I'm not sure..maybe that still makes sense these days. As i mentioned elsewhere, if lillard works out, they've got a cheap point guard for a while

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                at some point the salaries add up though, no (luxury wise)? $14 mill for LA this year, max for hibbert (about $14)and 10-12 for batum. $40 million for three guys and going up. I'm not sure..maybe that still makes sense these days. As i mentioned elsewhere, if lillard works out, they've got a cheap point guard for a while
                Indiana will match the max offer for Hibbert... and Portland will then match any offer for Batum.

I really don't see Hibbert/Batum leaving teams this year.. just my opinion.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Indiana will match the max offer for Hibbert... and Portland will then match any offer for Batum.

I really don't see Hibbert/Batum leaving teams this year.. just my opinion.
                  thus far indiana has said they won't match it but plenty of time still to go

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    thus far indiana has said they won't match it but plenty of time still to go
                    According to ESPN rumors, Portland is just one of two teams that have already offered max money to Hibbert. I wonder who the other team is and if Indy will match?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Source: Twitter @TommyBeer

I realize they just drafted a wing but if they could get a guy like Redd for very cheap they should do it.
                      I would add Barbosa to that list as well. I'm not sure what it would take, but I couldn't see it being any more than $4M a year (ie, less than the MLE).

Comment

• We all agreed on Danny Green a month ago. I'll send Stefanski a email.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• What is max money these days (surely much more than 14 mill as mentioned above)?

Comment

• Rudy Fernandez anyone?

Source - @KBergCBS

The Nuggets did not extend a qualifying offer to Rudy Fernandez, making him an unrestricted free agent, league source says.

Comment

• I honestly don't understand the appeal of a guy like Batum. What makes him worth $45-50 M? He's long, somewhat athletic, and he can shoot...but he only averaged around 14PPG and 5RPG in 30+ minutes per game. This is worth max money? That money would be much better spent when allocated to a Gay, Igoudala, or Granger that can give you upwards of 18 and 6 in a starting role. Plus they're all veterans that are just about to prime and they all have playoff experience.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                What is max money these days (surely much more than 14 mill as mentioned above)?
                                If Batum's max is same as Hibbert's, it would be 4yr/$58M ($14.5M per). From what I've ready, Minnesota likely can't offer more than $10M per season.

Comment

Working...
                                X