View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

13 33.33%
  • Batum

15 38.46%
  • Mayo

2 5.13%
  • Lin

2 5.13%
  • Lee

1 2.56%
  • Fields

4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

1 2.56%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • L.Williams

0 0%
  • Green

1 2.56%
Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1585

Thread: Free Agency 2012

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Spurs to sign forward Danny Green to three-year, $12 million, source tells Yahoo!
    Expand

Sam Amick Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Source says free agent Danny Green has agreed to return to San Antonio on a three-year deal, $12 million.

There goes my dream of Green.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Spurs to sign forward Danny Green to three-year, $12 million, source tells Yahoo!
    Expand

Sam Amick Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Source says free agent Danny Green has agreed to return to San Antonio on a three-year deal, $12 million.

There goes my dream of Green.
    you can always have Gerald

Post Thanks / Like

No real room for him anyways

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Any chance the Rap's might pull their offer sheet to Landry Feilds? He's a solid player but I'm not loving how much they are offering him. I think those dollars could be better used elsewhere imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Any chance the Rap's might pull their offer sheet to Landry Feilds? He's a solid player but I'm not loving how much they are offering him. I think those dollars could be better used elsewhere imo.
    We also have no idea if those terms have been renegotiated yet. Very possible considering how much movement has occured since those Negotiations took place.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it all depends on if a verbal agreement was made. If both parties agreed to 3 years and $19M, then it is going to happen - just a matter of how i.e. sign and trade? poison pill RFA offer?

Post Thanks / Like

there are serious consequences in terms of relations with agents and reputation etc... to pulling an offer sheet.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard today that Portland withdrew their offer to Hibbert so not sure why the Rap's couldn't do the same with Landry. I would be okay with 3 years and around $15 mil., but $19 Mil. is just to high imo. I realize the Heat have picked him up, but I think Reshard Lewis would have fit the role of a veteran shooter at SF and could have been had on the cheap. Word is that the Heat signed him for 2 years and the first year was for around $1.35 mil. if I'm not mistaken. He obviously wouldn't want to sign with the Rap's, but we could have easily offered him more than did Miami.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard today that Portland withdrew their offer to Hibbert so not sure why the Rap's couldn't do the same with Landry. I would be okay with 3 years and around $15 mil., but $19 Mil. is just to high imo. I realize the Heat have picked him up, but I think Reshard Lewis would have fit the role of a veteran shooter at SF and could have been had on the cheap. Word is that the Heat signed him for 2 years and the first year was for around $1.35 mil. if I'm not mistaken. He obviously wouldn't want to sign with the Rap's, but we could have easily offered him more than did Miami.
    POR withdrew because Indiana were going to match.

Why tie up cap space for 3 days when the other team is a definite to match?

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

I was hoping that BC would maybe use those $$ as part of a trade...I like the idea of moving either Ed or Amir to Philli for T. Young. No clue how that would work, but I'm not big on Landry being our SF moving forward...ditto DeMar manning that spot and Ross is just a rookie so won't be ready for a year or two.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

portland pulling the offer wont anger hibbert and his agent because they just wanted the money, and they got it. take gordon who took the offer sheet and wants out of new orleans, he is trying to use this restricted period to hardball and get everything he wants. to me there should be penalties when players/agents try this, just play by the rules. but in hibberts case he doesn't actually want to leave the pacers just wants his cash.

if a player had their offer pulled and then lost out on 1. money or 2. playing where they wanted, they would have a shit and the agents would all go crazy. if we pulled fields offer, which i don't want to do anyway, he would be hard pressed to get the same deal or one comparable and his agent hasn't been working for him since our verbal agreement. only way that wouldn't go bad was if there was a condition like if nash agrees we go on with this, but we would have heard about that already and the excuses as to why we made the offer in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    portland pulling the offer wont anger hibbert and his agent because they just wanted the money, and they got it. take gordon who took the offer sheet and wants out of new orleans, he is trying to use this restricted period to hardball and get everything he wants. to me there should be penalties when players/agents try this, just play by the rules. but in hibberts case he doesn't actually want to leave the pacers just wants his cash.

if a player had their offer pulled and then lost out on 1. money or 2. playing where they wanted, they would have a shit and the agents would all go crazy. if we pulled fields offer, which i don't want to do anyway, he would be hard pressed to get the same deal or one comparable and his agent hasn't been working for him since our verbal agreement. only way that wouldn't go bad was if there was a condition like if nash agrees we go on with this, but we would have heard about that already and the excuses as to why we made the offer in the first place.
    Agreed.

That is the nature of RFA. Many teams will say to their own RFA, "This is what we are offering. If you can find a team willing to give you what you want, bring it back to us and we can look things over."

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So looking at the remaining sf's if raps take any Barnes and tmac are the only solid ones left. But with them they are both declining and Barnes will likely stay with LA if they can afford to keep him. Guess we'll just have to hope for a trade

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly think we should stand pat. I want to see how derozan and fields hold up at the 3...if they do well then we can hold on to jose we would have the best pg dou in the league. If they dont do so well we can always trade jose at the trade deadline. A 10.5 mil expiring for half a year is good for contending teams and for teams looking to create flexibility. I dont want to see the raptors make a trade just for the sake of making one.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote geo wrote: View Post
    I honestly think we should stand pat. I want to see how derozan and fields hold up at the 3...if they do well then we can hold on to jose we would have the best pg dou in the league. If they dont do so well we can always trade jose at the trade deadline. A 10.5 mil expiring for half a year is good for contending teams and for teams looking to create flexibility. I dont want to see the raptors make a trade just for the sake of making one.
    It wouldnt be just for the sake of making one. The players are expendable now and we need a sf. If we were to do a trade for any other position I imagine a lot of people wouldn't be too happy and would say they were just trading because they wanted to but if it's for a team need then we shouldn't stand put and make those trades with our expendables

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post

But if they pull the offer, doesn't that mean that Indiana can't match the offer and has to renegotiate a deal instead?

Raptors Republic Starter Katman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not hard to negotiate a max $ and max years. What's left to negotiate? lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    But if they pull the offer, doesn't that mean that Indiana can't match the offer and has to renegotiate a deal instead?
    That's what I was wondering... with no offer from Portland, there's no offer at all. Theoretically, that means that Indy could offer a lower priced deal, knowing they had no competition. I assume there was a verbal agreement in place between Indy and Hibbert to match the max deal. Otherwise, it would be a pretty dirty move on Indy's behalf.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Katman wrote: View Post
    Not hard to negotiate a max $ and max years. What's left to negotiate? lol
    That's about a 1,3 million lol in the 4th year. Portland could only offer the max yearly increase of 4,5%. Indiana can pay 7,5%. So if they negotiate a max contract themselves they could find themselves paying Hibbert about 9% more in the 4th year. So, it makes a difference. See Zach Lowe's article at The Point Forward.

Raptors Republic Rookie G-locity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

it was said earlier here that instead of iggy, the raps should try and get T. Young. I recall him being a SF/PF combo player, We all know that BC likes his hybrids!

Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast

Thread Information