View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

13 33.33%
  • Batum

15 38.46%
  • Mayo

2 5.13%
  • Lin

2 5.13%
  • Lee

1 2.56%
  • Fields

4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

1 2.56%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • L.Williams

0 0%
  • Green

1 2.56%
Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1585

Thread: Free Agency 2012

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Calderon being traded is a strong possibility, but there is a good chance with no other PG other than Uzoh in the line up that they may hold onto Jose until the trade deadline. I always hold out hope for a big trade each year but instead of Rudy Gay we always end up with Landry Fields. Sigh.

Is it too early to start a thread discussing which line up we think will be most effective with the players we are expecting to be here on the roster next season?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Brendan Haywood Amnestied

Mav's Amnestied their starting centre today. Brendan Haywood is a 7'0" 260 lb enforcer who has always been an above average rebounder and defender over his career. He's a veteran, a former champion, and he's more than capable of starting for us until Jonas is ready. Also, Haywood has played beside Nowitzky for recent years and will know how to compliment Bargnani. He played for Casey before so he might already know how to excel in our system and maybe he has a good relationship with him. He should come at a reasonable price and would absolutely take care of one of our pressing needs, and we wouldn't have to give up a lot to get him either. If we start him and he can give us 6ppg and 7rpg in around 20-25 mpg I think it would be a valuable signing. With his size he could serviceably guard the biggest post players in the league.

Hopefully BC at least inquires and makes a good offer, I hope he wouldn't overpay though. Any more then $4-5 M on a 1 or 2 year deal (player option probably) would be too much in my opinion. Thoughts???

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would pass on Haywood. He doesn't fit the up tempo style of this team. Remember he lost his starting spot to Chandler whom is a much more mobile player that can play an up tempo style. For the same reason I would not want to see us go after Elton Brand. We need mobile and athletic players to compliment our style of play.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would not be against Haywood on a very reasonable contract. Defensive veteran centre who knows how to play next to a shooting big. Isn't that exactly what we are looking for?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be down for this, but then we would need to free up some roster space. Bigs would include: AB, ED, JV, AJ, AG, Magloire??

Not saying I'm against trading any of the bigs (aside from JV), just saying we'll need to move some pieces.

Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think, we're set for bigs..unless...we get someone like Howard or Byum comin our way, then we're good and dont need another big man

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No more bigs. Not needed.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Rookie knowledgep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he's washed up, no thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

Haywood sucks
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Subsequently, Chris Kaman just announced he will be signing with Dallas.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You can never have too many bigs and Haywood provides one thing none of our other bigs do well: BANG. If he'd be down for a back up role on a small one year contract I'd be down for it. Especially as it makes Amir or Ed (to help net us a real 3) expendable and I'm nowhere near as high on AG as some here are.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If you think this teams complete at the PF and C position then you're out of it. Aaron Gray just won't cut it against 75% of the teams in this league, and we'll nead legit BIG men in the scenario that Jonas is being overpowered, or is showing his inexperience, or simply in foul trouble; he's a ROOKIE. Good luck throwing Ed or Amir out there against the Bynums, Perkins', Marc Gasols, and Kamans of the world. A guy like Haywood would help us compete against anybody. I do understand if people havn't yet switched their minds from tank mode to compete mode...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
    I do understand if people havn't yet switched their minds from tank mode to compete mode...
    Haywood won't help you compete, he'll just soak up minutes and cap space that would be much better allocated elsewhere. The team needs to strike a balance between trying to compete now and developing their players for later, it's not like they'll be challenging for the second round next year.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i wouldn't want haywood. i am with ceez in that he sucks. there was a time when cuban would do anything for big men.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather have Haywood than Magloire, speaking only from an on-court production standpoint.

There are of course other benefits than Magloire would provide that I'm not sure Haywood does.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

You can never have too many bigs but that doesn't mean it has to be Haywood. My guess is that he will command at least 3 yrs at 4-5 a season. It will tie us up. Unnecessary. I would rather see Magloire re-signed. Big V needs a mentor and Magloire can ably provide that while filling in on the Court when needed.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we didn't already sign Gray, I'd be down for Haywood.

One of Valanciunas, Haywood or Gray would need to be in street clothes most nights as a 3rd string centre. Waste of resources.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

From the games Ive seen or checked out lately, it does look like JV will most likely be in some sort of foul trouble (ala Amir early days) before games are over. I'm not sure I'd like to see Gray, or even Ed as our only options at the halfway point of a game. Something that lets JV play and get expereince, but doent kill us if he needs to sit is OK with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Scratch Ilyasova off the list of potential free agent targets...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...multiyear-deal

mcsemcp73

Default imminent with amnesty of Scola

Adrian Wojnarowski: There's no Howard-to-Houston deal imminent with amnesty of Scola, but Rockets goal is unmistakable: They'll stop at nothing to get him. Twitter

Houston Rockets, Orlando Magic, Trade, Dwight Howard, Luis Scola | share

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Should we take the gamble if he is available.

Thread Information