View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

    13 33.33%
  • Batum

    15 38.46%
  • Mayo

    2 5.13%
  • Lin

    2 5.13%
  • Lee

    1 2.56%
  • Fields

    4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

    1 2.56%
  • Kidd

    0 0%
  • L.Williams

    0 0%
  • Green

    1 2.56%
Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1585

Thread: Free Agency 2012

  1. #1521
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,032
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote geo wrote: View Post
    The Toronto Raptors are trying to find a new home for Jose Calderon, but so far no proposed deal has been good enough and the point guard may still be with the team when training camp opens in late September.

    Whether they keep Calderon or not, the Toronto Sun reports the Raptors will sign another point guard.

    Free agent point guards who remain unsigned and might draw interest from Toronto include Keyon Dooling, John Lucas III, Nate Robinson, Randy Foye, Ronnie Price and Jonny Flynn.

    Was on ESPN insider rumours...thoughts?
    Keyon Dooling was really solid backing up Rondo this past season, being Bradley played most minutes at the two.

  2. #1522
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,701
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dooling sucks

  3. #1523
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote geo wrote: View Post
    The Toronto Raptors are trying to find a new home for Jose Calderon, but so far no proposed deal has been good enough and the point guard may still be with the team when training camp opens in late September.

    Whether they keep Calderon or not, the Toronto Sun reports the Raptors will sign another point guard.

    Free agent point guards who remain unsigned and might draw interest from Toronto include Keyon Dooling, John Lucas III, Nate Robinson, Randy Foye, Ronnie Price and Jonny Flynn.

    Was on ESPN insider rumours...thoughts?
    Flynn and Foye are really the only two that appeal. Since they have Lucas now, I am not sure if they make a move now, doing so would indicate to other teams that Jose is going to be gone before the season starts, I think BC wants to keep him until the trade deadline and have someone overpay for him.

  4. #1524
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,854
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    poor nate robinson eh. just can't get away from me ball or doesn't have the skills to get away from it and can't get picked up by anyone.

    for those who haven't seen lucas play, he is pretty similar to nate without the dunks, of course, but he definitely passes about the same amount. that kid gets the ball, and there is a wormhole right at the basket and it's all he sees.

  5. #1525
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was going to talk about Kryptonate... How ‘bout him if Jose gets traded?

  6. #1526
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,032
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I was going to talk about Kryptonate... How ‘bout him if Jose gets traded?
    I want nothing to do with Nate. A shooting guard in even BARELY a point guard's body..

  7. #1527
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I want nothing to do with Nate. A shooting guard in even BARELY a point guard's body..
    The only reason why I would want Nate is his energy off the bench. He might not be an amazing player and he might be undersized for his position, but that guy is pretty damn entertaining. He seems to have the unique ability to get the whole stadium crowd get into and put some energy into the crowd. Other than that, he can't really do anything else.

  8. #1528
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    The only reason why I would want Nate is his energy off the bench. He might not be an amazing player and he might be undersized for his position, but that guy is pretty damn entertaining. He seems to have the unique ability to get the whole stadium crowd get into and put some energy into the crowd. Other than that, he can't really do anything else.
    Well, he's a really good scorer, he's quick, his leaping abilities are amazing, he can shoot, and can be able to run the point (4.5 assists on 23 minutes last season if I remember). And he's not a bad defender. Plus he has high energy, high caracter guy. I say give him a one year contract with the remaining of the cap space with a team option.

  9. #1529
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,032
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Well, he's a really good scorer, he's quick, his leaping abilities are amazing, he can shoot, and can be able to run the point (4.5 assists on 23 minutes last season if I remember). And he's not a bad defender. Plus he has high energy, high caracter guy. I say give him a one year contract with the remaining of the cap space with a team option.
    He was never under control when he was out there, he couldn't calm down in terms of on the court. I poor mans, undersized Russel Westbrook.

    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    The only reason why I would want Nate is his energy off the bench. He might not be an amazing player and he might be undersized for his position, but that guy is pretty damn entertaining. He seems to have the unique ability to get the whole stadium crowd get into and put some energy into the crowd. Other than that, he can't really do anything else.
    The only way I would ever have Nate is once Lowry, or whatever the situation in the future may be, equals to an elite point guard, one where you don't have to worry about being able to run an offense easy. Nate is a turnover waiting to happen, there's a reason why he plays spot minutes, to be a spark-plug, over time he'll lose control of his game and will become shot happy.

  10. #1530
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I want nothing to do with Nate. A shooting guard in even BARELY a point guard's body..
    Not that I don't see where you're going with this. But, your explanation is way too broad.

    "A sg in barely a pg's body"!?

    Isn't that what Iverson was? how 'bout spudd webb? The list goes on.

    I'm giving you the benefit of strengthening your argument because I'm on your side.

  11. #1531
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,701
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nate sucks

  12. #1532
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,968
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    can always count on ceez for indepth analysis

  13. #1533
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Nate sucks
    Something as simple as this. In this case is actually much stronger and specific than "a sg in barely a pg's body".

  14. #1534
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Imagine all the awkward moments when DeMar and Nate start practise and the mini dunk competitions happen and that dunk contest comes up.

  15. #1535
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    865
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Using John Lucas as a guy to jump over

  16. #1536
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,738
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    demar would jump over them both stacked over eachother

  17. #1537
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,701
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Question: have we signed Gray officially yet? I've seen a bunch of places listing him as one of the best FA's remaining.

  18. #1538
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not sure if it's tied to James Johnson passing his physical and the trade to Sacramento being complete, but I beleive you are correct and he has yet to be "officially" signed.

  19. #1539
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,032
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Not that I don't see where you're going with this. But, your explanation is way too broad.

    "A sg in barely a pg's body"!?

    Isn't that what Iverson was? how 'bout spudd webb? The list goes on.

    I'm giving you the benefit of strengthening your argument because I'm on your side.
    I can give you a real nice argument actually, and that's with one name. (two names if you're really counting.) Jerryd Bayless

  20. #1540
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As of right now, there's two roster spots open (if they are in fact signing Gray. Maybe only one if they bring back Magloire.

    In my awesome opinion Raps need a vet or two on the wings. Here's who I think would be decent for vets minimum (or close to it):

    Josh Howard
    Ronnie Brewer
    Roger Mason Jr (How U?)
    Willie Green
    Michael Redd
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •